Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CK 402 UCC

• 11-05-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

If i do the ck402 course..will i eventually become a chemistry teacher....i have been told its 4yrs and then a h.dip in edcation for a year = chemistry teacher.......is this correct ?......if not how will i go about it...in cork preferably

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

JackN688 wrote: »
    If i do the ck402 course..will i eventually become a chemistry teacher....i have been told its 4yrs and then a h.dip in edcation for a year = chemistry teacher.......is this correct ?......if not how will i go about it...in cork preferably

If you pick that, you get the option in 2nd year to pick Chemistry with education. then, as far as i know, it's 2 more years of chemistry, then you'll branch off from the rest of the chemistry class and do a h.dip for your 4th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

You don't have to do the Chemistry with Education degree specifically, you could just do the straight Chemistry degree and get a H.Dip. It's what I'd do tbh because the Chemistry with Education class is very small and there's much more craic being in with the main class.

But Yeah it's CK402 (Biological and Chemical Sciences) -> then the Chemistry or Chemistry with Forensics option in 2nd year -> then do your dip when you graduate and look for a job. Not sure how many job opportunities there are at the moment for secondary teachers but five years down the road things should have picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭JackN688

Your second option is the one ive always intended so ill do that one I think.....job opportunities aren't great in Ireland..we have an abundance of them here...but there is a general shortage worldwide so overseas work is possibe

Advertisement