Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forensic & Environmental Analysis DT203

Options
  • 11-05-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering does d.i.t arrange the work placement for you or do you organise it yourself? I know some colleges do it for you..
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

xaoifsx wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering does d.i.t arrange the work placement for you or do you organise it yourself? I know some colleges do it for you..
    :)

They have a list of places that take students and you pick from that, or if you know some where that might take you, you can try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

what places take on students? or sort of places?

Pharamaceutical companies, EPA, environmental testing places, Government food testing lab, forensics lab, places like that.
    It's not until 3rd year any way, don't worry about it!

oh i know its ages away but im just interested!!
    how do you find this course? at the moment im choosing between this course and the dna and forensics course down in tallaght.. :)

Im in second year, just doing exams. Its grand, first year is a mix of different modules if you might not have done chemistry, physics or bioloigy before.
    Second year is all about the chemistry, can be hard enough going at times. But all the lecturers are sound and willing to help you out if you ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sandra0701

hi there:) I'm still waiting for acceptance from DIT, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be ok. if there is anyone who makes this course, please tell me some advices:)heh, I'm so excited, but I'm afraid about maths, but it is only on 1st year?

sandra0701 wrote: »
    hi there:) I'm still waiting for acceptance from DIT, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be ok. if there is anyone who makes this course, please tell me some advices:)heh, I'm so excited, but I'm afraid about maths, but it is only on 1st year?

ya i am afraid of the maths too.. but i have put this course down as number 5 or somethign on my cao now.. :O

Ah the maths is grand, I used the leaving cert books to help me through it, and there is a maths learning centre in the library to help with any problems you may have.

Advertisement