Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best type of paint for partition wall?

• 11-05-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

is it possible to put gloss paint on a bathroom wall.room is tiny and has 2 stud partition walls which I would like to have something like gloss on so as i can just wipe it down like i do with doors.as these two walls seem to get grubby looking from hands a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

I wouldnt advise it. You can get easy clean emulsion now, Id go with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It'll be very shiny in such a small space. There's no technical reason why you can't put gloss on it, more of a matter of taste. It could be a bit much tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

look for eggshell paint if you insist on a gloss type finish

Its has more of a satin type finish but is used on walls and hard wearing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

You can use gloss on walls. As mentioned it will be extremly shiny, up to 90% shine. The biggest problem you may have is the prep of the wall. It will have to be faultless, because gloss will show up the smallest of imperfections on a plastered wall. Try and see if a washable wall paint will do the trick first. Plus trying to bring a glossed wall back to emulsion can have it's problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Striped Paint looks really well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Thanks to all for your advice..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Valdes

Or you could just use kitchen and bathroom emulsion paint which is much more wipeable and impervious to dirt stains. It comes in many many shades now

Advertisement