Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op in The Netherlands or france!?

Options
  • 11-05-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, I'm a second year product design just wondering has anyone ever done co-op in the netherlands or in France? Advice please!:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

Hey, I graduated from PD last year.
    Went to 2M in the netherlands for Co-op.
    Nice relaxed atmosphere there and i enjoyed the 6 months anyway.
    Any specific questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ggirl91

oh thats class, what kinda things did you have to do ? what was the pay like ? did they sort out accom? Anything I should really know before applying??:) cheers :)

Well i was working on designing the interface for a medical devise but people do all sorts there. From graphic design to proper industrial stuff. They've a real mix of people there. Always a load of students form many countries, mainly irish and french when i was there.

While i was there they leased an apartment and the plan was to keep it for students indefinitely. It was about 15 minutes from work. And within walking distance of a couple of supermarkets(including a lidl). They sort out rent etc... but you're only paid €500 a month for food. Which is plenty though.

Am Gillian (the CEO) is dead on so don't worry about interviews if it comes up. She knows what sort of stuff we're taught at this stage.

Oh get a laser/credit card if you haven't already. Essential for trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ggirl91

thanks so much any more i need to know ? :)

I dunno. . .
    Anything else you want to know?
    If you think of any questions just post them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I've just applied to go to The Netherlands! I'm a comp sys student.

I just want it to be 12 months time now :)

Advertisement