Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get Eircom email on iPhone

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

corksev wrote: »
    I am using Vodafone connection at work and UPC at home. With above settings I can send and receive emails both from work and from home no problem. Both connections are Wifi. I tried both with sim card and without simcard all is working fine.

I have never seen or heard of this working, because the ISPs won't allow cross sending of outgoing emails due to spam. Do you have any other SMTP servers set up that it could be using?
    Don't want to seem to be doubting you, but if you look back through this forum, you'll see it was asked so many times in the past, because the setup you have wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 corksev

whiterebel wrote: »
    I have never seen or heard of this working, because the ISPs won't allow cross sending of outgoing emails due to spam. Do you have any other SMTP servers set up that it could be using?
    Don't want to seem to be doubting you, but if you look back through this forum, you'll see it was asked so many times in the past, because the setup you have wouldn't work.

I have only one SMTP server. All as per my previous quote in the forum.
    I know what you are saying. Ask me that I had problem and it was just annoying.

Until last night I had problem for sending emails and driving me mad could ot send eany emails and reporting error all times. I got into the web and I read somewhere SMPT server port should be 25, and Username and password for outgoing emails part should be blank. Advanced part I have Incoming port 110.

And it did work great.

The reason I asked regarding the inbox emails read/unread on web page: In my first set up I had older version of Iphone Software. When I read emails they were shown as read in my web page.
    Then IPhone updated the software and thenafter only this read/unread problem came to the scene. It means there is something wrong with set up. If it worked before it can work again or software is creating the problem. I thougt someone could get over that.

Advertisement