Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis in Dublin

Options
  • 11-05-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Hope ye can help me out here. My Dad is going up to Dublin for an operation. He doesn't know his way around Dublin and will need to get from Bachelor's Quay to the Clarion in Liffey Valley.

Is there any chance you guys would know how much roughly that'd cost him? Are there taxi ranks around Bachelors Quay or is there a number of a reliable service you could possibly pm me? Would he be better off getting a bus?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

probably between €20 and €25 depending on traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He'd be better crossing the Liffey from Batchelors Walk over to Aston Quay on the other side first rather than risk a driver taking him "around the block". It's a relatively straight run from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It's about 12km, so €4.10 initial fare and €1.03 per km thereafter (11km approx) so €11.33.

Taxi is therefore about €15.43.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭podger456

Yeah, €25 I'd say. There's a taxi rank across the river from Bachelors walk, right at o'connell bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Awesome, thanks guys. Nice tip Wishbone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

This calculator will give you an idea of the fare.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

If he'll be ok for 10 minutes walking tell him to get the 25a/25b/25/66/66a/67 from Aston Quay and get off at the stop AFTER Liffey Valley. It's on the N4, but the hotel is only a few minutes walk from there. He'll see it as he goes past the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

dan185 wrote: »
    If he'll be ok for 10 minutes walking tell him to get the 25a/25b/25/66/66a/67 from Aston Quay and get off at the stop AFTER Liffey Valley. It's on the N4, but the hotel is only a few minutes walk from there. He'll see it as he goes past the bus.
    OP says he's going to get surgery, so I think taxi is a better solution probably. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

NoDice wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Hope ye can help me out here. My Dad is going up to Dublin for an operation. He doesn't know his way around Dublin and will need to get from Bachelor's Quay to the Clarion in Liffey Valley.

Is there any chance you guys would know how much roughly that'd cost him? Are there taxi ranks around Bachelors Quay or is there a number of a reliable service you could possibly pm me? Would he be better off getting a bus?

Cheers!

plenty of taxis in Dublin. you could ask them for a rough estimate before setting off. no buses real;y go to the clarion. maybe ring the hotel and ask them how much it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hi OP, call the hospital and ask if they can arrange transport. He might be a bit frail after surgery, it could be a bit daunting if he doesn't know the city. Hope it all goes well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement