Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 100MB BB Question

• 11-05-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

Hi all,

So my housemates and I were thinking of getting the 100m/bits BB connection with UPC. Since we do not currently have a phone line, we would get the connection with a phone line which should come to €57 a month (as stated in the following thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789).

So my question is simply is this true?? Any confirmations? Because I have heard of UPC ripping people off and have slightly experienced it first hand too but am willing to give them another shot since this is an amazing deal.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

Just FYI if you plan on using WiFi, ALL of the laptops/desktops will HAVE to get 802.11N adapters to achieve 802.11N speed. If one device uses G, then all devices will use G speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Yes. its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 rene13cross

Yes I'm aware of that and that wont be a problem really. Most of us will be connected to the router through ethernet cables anyways. 802.11g would probably give us something like 54mbits which should be enough for most computers. (Most sites probably wouldnt even go beyond providing more than 50mbits upload apart from huge sites)

roast wrote: »
    Yes. its true.

Awh you serious? And you can confirm that solidly?? (Sorry about my scepticism, you would understand if you knew my history with UPC)

Its advertised on the website. That's all the confirmation needed really.

• Advertisement

Its advertised on the website. That's all the confirmation needed really.

Well you see, thats the thing... This is kinda what happened before. So I'm just looking for anyone with that package to confirm or is sure (as in that there aren't any hidden fees or anything like that).

Well you see, thats the thing... This is kinda what happened before. So I'm just looking for anyone with that package to confirm or is sure (as in that there aren't any hidden fees or anything like that).

Theres a few people I believe who are signing up for it. You should check the many threads on the subject here. I'm also one who will be calling tomorrow to switch package. Currently on the 100mb, but I may as well change to the 100mb + phone to save money.

Theres a few people I believe who are signing up for it. You should check the many threads on the subject here. I'm also one who will be calling tomorrow to switch package. Currently on the 100mb, but I may as well change to the 100mb + phone to save money.

Ah OK great. That's all I needed to know really, thanks. :)

Yes I'm aware of that and that wont be a problem really. Most of us will be connected to the router through ethernet cables anyways. 802.11g would probably give us something like 54mbits which should be enough for most computers. (Most sites probably wouldnt even go beyond providing more than 50mbits upload apart from huge sites)
    Actually the max youll get from G is 21-23Mb. You wont get ANYWHERE near 54Mb!! If its ethernet, and each computer has 100Mb/1Gb ethernet, then you should be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No need for thread duplication. Your question has been answered multiple times on this and the other thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement