Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handgun problem

Options
  • 11-05-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

hey guys i was wondering, got an M92F/M9 handgun there off the mail but having a problem with the gas

when i inject the gas into the mag i hear it fill for about half a second.

then when i fire it i only get 3 or 4 shots out of it

anyone know what the problem is? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Are you sure your holding it down for about 5 seconds?
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Happened me solved it by running warm water over the can of gas.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

are you filling the mag upside down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

yeah held it down upside down and also held i if for a good few seconds. never tried the warm water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Hold it into the mag untill you hear hissing from the mag, or the hiss of gas stops... good indicator.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    Hold it into the mag untill you hear hissing from the mag, or the hiss of gas stops... good indicator.

yeah ive held it down for about 20 seconds and never hears a hissing shouls i hold it longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

By any chance is it a WE handgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Is there gas in the bottle?
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Couple of things that may or may not help:

A) Fill the mag when it and the gas is cold (not chilled) - when it's cold, you will get more gas into the magazine, and more out of the bottle. This is due to the pressure decreasing in the cold.

B) Warm the magazine after filling. This increases the pressure in the magazine, and should give better results...it comes at a trade off though, as although you get more shots, when the gas is warmer, it is more susceptible to the effects of cool down. Warmed to room temperature is best.

C) If it is a WE 1911, and has the enlarged magazine bumper, a bit of shrink tubing on the gas cannister will allow it to actually reach and engage the fill-valve properly. Otherwise the brass filler-valve extension is optimal.

D) Gas cannisters work best when they're full - if it's approaching the end of the cannister then you won't get the same power out of it

• Advertisement
Advertisement