Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help- Anybody been/going to Daisy Hill Hospital with Quinn Healthcare??

Options
  • 11-05-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all. I just got a positive pregnancy test on our second baby this week so its time to start thinking about consultants & where to go. With our daughter we went private to OLOL but this time I'm thinking of heading to daisy hill.
    Before I decide for definite, I would really appreciate if any of you out there that have went with Quinn Healthcare in Daisy Hill would let me know how you were charged at the end. i.e. what you had to claim back, what the hospital took care of & if you were left with any surprises at the end?
    Here's my reason for asking (sorry if it is a bit confusing but that's kinda where my brain is at the minute):
    I rang up today to book the consultant, De C*****y Wh eeler & before I went through with it the receptionist told me that I really should check what my healthcare provider covers as there have been some issues with healthcare, I told her I was with Quinn & she kind of gave me the impression that there have been issues with them in the past.
    Anyhow, she e-mailed me a list of the hospital charges (which I'd never even considered in Drogheda tbh), & I rang Quinn (twice).
    The first person I spoke to told me that I would have to pay the accomodation myself & then claim back from quinn but that other charges would be paid direct to the hospital. I rang a second time to go through the e-mail that I had been sent & the person that I spoke to this time told me the same about the accomodation but that as they had no payment agreement in place with daisy Hill, I would have to submit receipts etc for the delivery etc & claim them back that way... I'm now really confused as to what the story is.
    I feel under pressure to get an answer to this as consultants in Newry book up like wildfire & I feel that I can't ask any of my friends (& I have loads who have been to Daisy Hill) who have been there as I really don't want anyone knowing our news just yet Really appreciate any feedback/advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ring Quinn and ask to speak to a team leader or manager and get the final say off them. Ask them to send a letter stating same so you have official policy on it.

Advertisement