Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.17HMR Scope

• 11-05-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all can anyone tell me a good affordable scope to buy for a .17hmr rifle for rabbits and please give reticle recommendations as well with each scope and as many scope recommendations 2. Thanks everyone:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

I may as well be the one to say it; what's your budget bud????
    For rabbits ild go with a thin/narrow recticle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

niteowl84 wrote: »
    Hi all can anyone tell me a good affordable scope to buy for a .17hmr rifle for rabbits and please give reticle recommendations as well with each scope and as many scope recommendations 2. Thanks everyone:)

http://simmonsoptics.com/riflescopes/Predator_Quest.cfm

Nice for a starter scope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lefthooker

There can be a big gulf between affordable and reliable. Better to spend a few pound on a good quality scope at the beginning.
    I'd look at the Bushnell range, have had a few over the years and could never complain. There's an Elite 3200 Tactical on my HMR at the mo, excellent piece of glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

My budet is between 200-300euro,keep them coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

lefthooker wrote: »
    There can be a big gulf between affordable and reliable. Better to spend a few pound on a good quality scope at the beginning.
    I'd look at the Bushnell range, have had a few over the years and could never complain. There's an Elite 3200 Tactical on my HMR at the mo, excellent piece of glass.

hi what reticle do you have in it?

• Advertisement

Mildot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

New; Ild start looking at a bushnell banner. They would fall into your price range. For your budget though maybe good second hand is the way to go? A good second hand Bushnell elite series would be a good buy or what ild also look seriously at would be a second hand nickon monarch scope. You shouldn't have much trouble picking either up on eBay. Ild use a fine recticle for hunting though;)

doyle61 wrote: »
    New; Ild start looking at a bushnell banner. They would fall into your price range. For your budget though maybe good second hand is the way to go? A good second hand Bushnell elite series would be a good buy or what ild also look seriously at would be a second hand nickon monarch scope. You shouldn't have much trouble picking either up on eBay. Ild use a fine recticle for hunting though;)

+1.
    There's some very good secondhand glass out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

MTC Viper

Advertisement