Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University this sept btea query

Options
  • 11-05-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I was in college doin arts in 2008 I left after a few months only did Xmas exams. I funded all this myself no grant or nothing. My question is am I untitled to btea I've been on jsa for 2 years starting uni in September am I intitled to btea and free fees? No way I could afford it otherwise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

If in 2008 you got BTEA you arent entitled to get it. It also depends on the level so if you did a level 6 and are returning to another level 6 you won't get it. They look for a 5 year break if you got BTEA before and want to apply it again. This all applies if you did get it in 2008.

If you didn't get BTEA in 2008 you should be entitled to it as you funded it yourself. The overall answer is if you never got BTEA before you should be entitled to it. You just have to fill out on the form what the course you did was etc. It's a simple form download it off welfare.ie and cheak it out. Hope thats not too confusing and somewhat answers your question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Still getting used to this just forgot to say regarding free fees ... I'm in the process of doing the same now. You should be entitled to them depending on circumstances eg; your income/partner/children. Get all your forms together and get the form. Excellent website is studentfinance.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Hey thanks a million everyone that's great I never had btea before completely funded by myself so I should get it this time round so happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katiejane88

Hi im new to this and have just stumbled upon this thread as I have a couple of Btea issues myself. Moon Indigo im just interested to know where you got your information regarding the 5 year break for btea? I was on Btea for the year 2009-2010 doing a nfq level 5 course, I have subsequently decided I want to go back to college and was worried I wouldnt get btea again as I had been on it before. I rang my local citizens info office, social welfare office and the btea department in leitrim about a month ago and they all told me id be entitled to it as the course i want to do now is of a higher level and I meet all other requirements, they never mentioned anything about a 5 year break so am wondering if this is a recent thing? would be great if you could get back to me, Im starting to panic a bit now as college without btea would be impossible!

Advertisement