Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audio/visual sender to work with Sky HD box

• 11-05-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Had a quick look, doesnt seem to be anything about this anywhere, if there is apologies.

Just wondering can anyone recommend an audio/visual sender that will work with sky on a HD box (no HD sub though so only standard definition channels) and preferrably one that won't break the bank.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Had a quick look, doesnt seem to be anything about this anywhere, if there is apologies.

Just wondering can anyone recommend an audio/visual sender that will work with sky on a HD box (no HD sub though so only standard definition channels) and preferrably one that won't break the bank.

Cheers.

Any of the ones on sale will work,I picked up on in Aldi and it works fine.Doesn't matter if you have a HD box or just a bog standard box,the sender plugs into the scart socket at the back of the box and the receiver plugs into the tv you want to send the signal to.It's more tidy than running cables for magic eyes to extra tv's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

zerks wrote: »
    Any of the ones on sale will work,I picked up on in Aldi and it works fine.Doesn't matter if you have a HD box or just a bog standard box,the sender plugs into the scart socket at the back of the box and the receiver plugs into the tv you want to send the signal to.It's more tidy than running cables for magic eyes to extra tv's.

I got one in Aldi myself but it won't work, as in when I hooked it up to the sky box and the tv there was no signal on the tv. The way I hooked it up was sky-transmitter-tv, i didn't have the ir receiver hooked in though, would that have any impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 32870037

I got one from Argus. It is a DigiSender. It cost approx €42 and works perfectly. It also includes a Remote Relay which allows you to use your remote control from the receiving location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I got one in Aldi myself but it won't work, as in when I hooked it up to the sky box and the tv there was no signal on the tv. The way I hooked it up was sky-transmitter-tv, i didn't have the ir receiver hooked in though, would that have any impact?

You have to match the frequency on the sender and the receiver-if one is set at A the other also has to be set at A,otherwise you get no picture.
    Make sure you had the sender plugged into the scart socket on the skybox.The IR sticks beside where the IR sensor is on the front of the box so you can bring the remote to the other room and use it.
    All video senders are essentially the same and generally take 5 minutes to set up.

Advertisement