Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Say You Say

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Lyrics are okish but the melody keeps them from sounding cloyish. Great melody, but the lead singer needs to be changed or it is perhaps that the overall production/engineering of his voice ( which is extremely poor ) needs to be better. The intro is too short and needs to come in a little quicker, 15 seconds to 20 max should be the rule of thumb here for an intro. The guitar work and band work as a whole is fine and well played but the production/engineering of the song itself is very poor but good for what it is and the money we all know it costs to record our songs. I'd assume you'd all sound better live.

Production/engineering? there is a part of the song where you sing ''ba da da'' and then pan it left and right left and right left and right, to the point where I just wanted to turn your song off but stuck with it for sake of the rest of the good stuff as I think you guys are on to something good there.

More harmonies and a more prominent vocal are needed along with making the chorus more prominent also and adding some percussion or extra vocals and harmonies. You really need to make the chorus stand out in this track or any track for that matter. Because although every part of a song is important... none other is more important than the lyrical/chorus hook which needs to shine out from the rest of the song itself.

I hope this helps

Jammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Singers been changed since then and yeah i agree we recorded this onto garage band in a shed didnt really bother spending money on the recording its just a demo for the moment. If ya wanna hear us live were playing on saturday night in the mercentile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Singers been changed since then and yeah i agree we recorded this onto garage band in a shed didnt really bother spending money on the recording its just a demo for the moment. If ya wanna hear us live were playing on saturday night in the mercentile.

I cant come to see you guys live unless your in the louth region or come visit that way.

Garage band is a great program by the way and not easy to muck about with I agree. But you did your best with it and I liked it. It would do as a decent home recording if only for the vocal and a few additions to the song here and there. If you keep working at it I could see you guys getting picked up. But it needs a lot of work, and a lot of work as we know costs a lot of money. So try to focus on your live sessions and polishing off your sound in that regard and get gigging. Be patient with heading into the studio and recording a good demo with three songs on it. many bands rush into recording their songs and putting them on a cd over night and they usually sound rubbish and your left with 600 - 1000 cds of material that nobody wants or will get you anywhere. So whilst doing your gigs, take it slowly in the studio as a side thing. Look hard for support acts in venues around the country whilst doing this. By the time you have each song recorded ( should take about a year for that to happen ) you will have a good fan base to sell too and a great product for labels and publishers to hear.

Happy trails for patient snails

Jammy

Was actually a pretty decent crowd think there were one or two boards.ie heads here cheers for coming out!.

http://soundcloud.com/evan-b54/ep-teaser-you-say-you-say new teaser from one of our new songs "Blueprint".

• Advertisement

Bitta news for anyone whos interested were currently in the middle of recording a 3 track ep, going to be sending the artwork off to a printers soon and will have a 3 track demo on sale at shows from june first hopefully!

First nearlly finished track up on www.soundcloud.com/evan-b54 also if anyone aint seen the page http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-Say-You-Say/198698046841462 there ya go :)

Playing this thursday night in the pint if anyone wants to go :)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=227478500601587 Next gig with N-P-D and Lockdown promotions

€5 in and 2.50 drinks untill 10pm

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Long song intros are great for sync.

• Advertisement

Were working on a new song at the moment the intro is nothin but vocals and kick drum be interesting to see how it works out.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=206464876064779&set=a.198698863508047.53544.198698046841462&type=1&theaterGetting this done soon taking orders for sizes if anyones interested in buying one their €10

If we get 100 People attending then the 100th person gets free in and a free pint! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=227478500601587

Also a suprise cover for anyone whos coming along to this gig to listen too :D:D

Looking for a singer, anyone whos interested drop me a PM no bad blood singer just doesn't have the time with his new job.

Advertisement