Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wont name the shop

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

jett wrote: »
    So why is this such a well read thread.
    There are lots of jealous people who cannot read or take advantage of the advice given
    Irish Jewellers are a con. They have a captive market.
    Read, think and apply.
    The Shop does not matter its generic.
    And anyone who posts a private message in public is an omadon.
    So just sod off and post something original yourselves.

Jett - you seem to have an issue with me in particular.

Why not re-read post number 2.

I very clearly state that value can be got elsewhere, I specifically mention Birmingham's jewellry districk and how easy it is to get a Saturday flight from Dublin, get what you want and get back and you'll save plenty on high street prices - both here and UK.

You could also go to a local INDEPENDENT jeweller, who will give advice and ensure you get the correct item to suit. - Again, you'll save minimum 20% - 30% off the chain store prices because they don't have high rents, high advertising costs, high head office costs and shareholders to make profits for after everyone else is paid.

But you total refusal to name the store you feel is offering bad value make the thread a total nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

So why is this such a well read thread.
    There are lots of jealous people who cannot read or take advantage of the advice given
    Irish Jewellers are a con. They have a captive market.
    Read, think and apply.
    The Shop does not matter its generic.
    And anyone who posts a private message in public is an omadon.
    So just sod off and post something original yourselves.

Its such a well read thread because people look at it and dont bother replying as its a waste of time, others just like to wind you up.
    And if your going to try and insult me in irish at least spell it right, muppet. its amadán, but well done you for messing that up.
    I posted the private message as there was no need for you to pm me.
    I replied in the thread after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ireland is not a Rip Off if you shop around, just like any other Country with a population of a comparable purchasing power.

Live in another country for a while and you'll get it.

Hotels, Car Rental, Supermarkets, Health Insurance the list goes on.

The only thing noticeably more expensive in Ireland is Beer and Cigarettes and thats due to taxes.

Jewelery, imo is around the same, shop around and get what you want, you'll rarely find like for like, we only bought in Belgium because it was more convenient.

Honestly I think that anyone who flys someplace and pays for flights, accommodation and incidentals to get 'a bargain' is off their nut, unless their making a mini break out of it.

We recently got married in Ireland and it was far cheaper than over here ! Plus much more room to negotiate prices !

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It was half-price day in the venom shop, so there's been a bulk purchase.

(I'm not telling you where the shop is though):pac:

Venom is cheaper in the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

There are some seriously self opinionated people on this site.
    If I am attacked I will reply.
    Otherwise leave me alone.
    A few posts back we have someone posting a GIF with the F word, that seems okay to the moderators? hardly acceptable is it?
    Maxer you go round this site putting people down and rubishing their posts.
    Why not post something original yourself and stop showing off.
    I am happy, others are happy, try being happy yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

A few posts back we have someone posting a GIF with the F word, that seems okay to the moderators? hardly acceptable is it?

THIRTEEN posts ago - post #53- you stated You were not posting anything again, yet up to now, You have posted twice since then. Also, if you dont want to mention the shop, just what is the point of your thread?

Name the shop or shut up!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

"I'm Kent Brockman, on the 11 o'clock news tonight, a certain kind of soft drink has been found to be lethal. We won't tell you which one until after sports and the weather with Funny Sonny Storm."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's you who has the opinion that all jewellers in Ireland are a rip off. While everybody is entitled to an opinion - the factual evidence is still very much lacking. The reason this thread has become a parody is because you let it.

Nobody is showing off either, just pointing out the ridiculousness in this thread. You let yourself get wound up by others opinions and they're just playing you at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its a very well know group but I won't name them because I don't want an arguement with them.
    How are they going to know who you are? and if they did know, how do you think they would go about "arguing" with you?

I think I smells a troll...

rubadub wrote: »
    How are they going to know who you are? and if they did know, how do you think they would go about "arguing" with you?

I think I smells a troll...

Think he's afraid the Argos will send the heavies around ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

parsi wrote: »
    Venom is cheaper in the UK.

Any particular shop?:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Any particular shop?:confused:

There are a few but I won't name them.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    THIRTEEN posts ago - post #53- you stated You were not posting anything again, yet up to now, You have posted twice since then. Also, if you dont want to mention the shop, just what is the point of your thread?

Name the shop or shut up!!!!!
    not to mention sending me messages, so much for never posting again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Can someone put this thread out of its misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tommy21 wrote: »

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

tommy21 wrote: »

I know who can, but i won't name who it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Having read this thread with interest and I decided to add my tuppance. As this section is rip off Ireland if you decide to state on here that you are being ripped off then name and shame. If you won't name and shame why post on here as the general idea is to tell us where not to shop and avoid being ripped off. If the OP won't name and shame then I guess this thread should be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jc002

OP is an idiot. "Good relationship with the store"?

So, if I'm correct, what we're to believe is:
    a) store in question knows OP personally
    b) store in question is not only aware (and gives a sh*t) that OP is a member of boards.ie, but also knows OP's boards.ie username
    c) store in question "monitors" boards.ie
    d) store in question will refuse OP's business in future for stating a "fact" online

What a complete and utter load of bulls**t. GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dublin Kilkenny Limerick they are all the same RIP OFF !! I buy my jewlery in Spain. My Sliver bracelet. Spain 40 euro. Ireland 120 euro (Lighter and all) Everything in this country is a rip off. I dont know why anyone would ever come here on holidays !!

Obviously you demand to be paid Spanish wage rates while in Ireland, yes? I mean you wouldnt want to rip off your boss when he could go to Spain and have the same work done for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If the OP won't name and shame then I guess this thread should be closed.

he can't, coz he got himself banned :pac:

• Advertisement

that may be down to the abusive messages he was sending me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Sounds like he deserved to be banned. Guess we will never know if he was full of **** or telling the truth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement