Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Cumbers Memorial Race 13/5/2011

• 12-05-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

The Simon Cumbers Memorial 6km
    road race will be staged by Navan Athletic Club from its clubhouse at Claremont Stadium, Navan next Friday 13 May at 8pm.

Registration is 10euro and you can sign on from 6pm at
    Claremont Stadium

Excellent value for money

.1st male runner will be presented with the Simon Cumbers
    Memorial Trophy
    1st female runner will be presented with the Paddy Hyland
    Memorial Trophy.
    Prizes1st three overall men/women.1st three junior
    men/women.
    1st two men/women masters 40/45/50/55/60
    The race is part of the Meath Running League.

Simon Cumbers was a former member of Navan AC who was killed in the middle east while working as a journalist
    The other events in the Meath Running League include
    24.05 Bob Heffernan 5k Road RaceNa Fianna AC Johnstown Bridge, Enfield;11.06 PatrickBell Memorial 5k Bohermeen Community Centre;17.06 The Braveheart 5k TrailRun Trim AC, Trim, Co. Meath25.06 Michael Manning 10k Dunshaughlin AC 06.07South O'Hanlon 5k South O'Hanlon AC Senschelstown GAA Centre;20.07 St.Brigid's AC 5k Oldcastle.
    The clubs of Meath organise some of the best roadraces in the country. The funds raised go back into local club developmentand local charities. They dont cost an arm and a leg. You will enjoy the encouragement and social aspect of all these road races.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 0 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi guys when starting a new race thread could you please check here first to see what's expected when starting a thread.
    Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71953878&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

Any sign of full results for this race? Tried their website but only first 3 seniors are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

umpire bat wrote: »
    The Simon Cumbers Memorial 6km

road race will be staged by Navan Athletic Club from its clubhouse at Claremont Stadium, Navan next Friday 13 May at 8pm.

Registration is 10euro and you can sign on from 6pm at
    Claremont Stadium
    Excellent value for money
    .1st male runner will be presented with the Simon Cumbers
    Memorial Trophy
    1st female runner will be presented with the Paddy Hyland
    Memorial Trophy.
    Prizes1st three overall men/women.1st three junior
    men/women.
    1st two men/women masters 40/45/50/55/60
    The race is part of the Meath Running League.
    Simon Cumbers was a former member of Navan AC who was killed in the middle east while working as a journalist

The other events in the Meath Running League include
    24.05 Bob Heffernan 5k Road RaceNa Fianna AC Johnstown Bridge, Enfield;11.06 PatrickBell Memorial 5k Bohermeen Community Centre;17.06 The Braveheart 5k TrailRun Trim AC, Trim, Co. Meath25.06 Michael Manning 10k Dunshaughlin AC 06.07South O'Hanlon 5k South O'Hanlon AC Senschelstown GAA Centre;20.07 St.Brigid's AC 5k Oldcastle.
    The clubs of Meath organise some of the best roadraces in the country. The funds raised go back into local club developmentand local charities. They dont cost an arm and a leg. You will enjoy the encouragement and social aspect of all these road races.
    The Simon Cumbers race was very enjoyable, and was great value...but I am also wondering if the overall results are published anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

The Meath county athletics board has not received the full results listings from Navan AC yet. In the mean time here are the category results

NAVAN ATHLETIC CLUB

The Simon Cumbers & Paddy Hyland Memorial
    13th May 2011
    6k Road Race Results

Senior Men
    Name Club Category RaceTime
    1 Paul Gleeson South O Hanlon Senior Men 19.37
    2 Thomas Moran Dunshaughlin Senior Men 19.43
    3 Peter Mooney Individual Senior Men 19.54

Master O40
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Kieran Kelly Individual 20
    2 Don Mahon Trim AC 21.53

Master O45
    Name Club RaceTime
    1st David O'Connell Bohermeen 20.21
    2nd Paul McQuillan Individual 21.49

Masters O50
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Paddy Mangan Dunshaughlin 20.28
    2 Tom O'Connor Liffey Valley 21

Masters O55

Name Club RaceTime
    1 Tommy Clarke SOH 25
    2 Connor Cooney Drogheda District 25.21

Masters O60
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Patsy Fitzsimons SOH 25.14
    2 Peter Curran Navan 31.08

Junior Men
    Name Club RaceTime
    1st Keith Murray Bohermeen 24.41
    2nd Connor Daniel Trim AC 24.5
    3rd Rhys Bruce Dunshaughlin 26.43

Senior Women

Name Club RaceTime
    1 Lucy Darcy Sportsworld 22.38
    2 Shauna Moore Dunshaughlin 22.44
    3 Linda Fahy Dunshaughlin 23.35

Women O35
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Helen O'Connor Na Fianna 25.51
    2 Rosemary Hutcheson Star of the Sea 26.5

Women O40
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Imelda Clarke Na Fianna 23.53
    2 Ursula Byrne Dunshaughlin 24.41

Women O45
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Mary Waters Navan AC 24.15
    2 Ann Hunter Dunshaughlin 25.38

Women O50
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Angela Gallogly Dunshaughlin 30.15
    2 Tereasa Griffin Ind 30.40

Women O55
    Name Club RaceTime
    1 Maura Reilly Drogheda District 26.44
    2 Margaret McAuley Drogheda & District 30.26

Men’s Team
    1. Dunshaughlin -18 points

Women’s Team
    1. Dunshaughlin - 97 points

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrPineapple

I have huge admiration for those who put work into the races in the Meath Road Running League. They are really enjoyable and have a very friendly atmosphere. It is with a bit of reluctance therefore that I am having a whinge about Navan ACs Simon Cumbers 6k this year. There was a bit of a mess up with results on the night which we all forgive but it is nearly a month later and still no results for the ordinary plodders like me who were too wrecked to record their time on the night.

I assume this delay has also prevented the Meath County Board from publishing everyones standings in the league.

Disappointed:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭umpire bat

The matter has been raised with the host club.

Much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

Patience is a virtue. The overall results are now on the Navan AC website!

I wish I could share your optimism .. After two months results for only 123 of the runners.. You were there .. how many runners do you think they're were?? My time not there.. Whole thing a real mess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

I wish I could share your optimism .. After two months results for only 123 of the runners.. You were there .. how many runners do you think they're were?? My time not there.. Whole thing a real mess!

Think I would have to agree with you Mr. Pineapple - even doing the results (the old fashioned way) - by hand should only take at most a day or so to get sorted. 123 runners - 2 months have passed - so we have about 2 days per RUNNER here to get results verified. Surely that is enough???

Certainly Navan AC have a lot to do to raise this race to the standard of the other Meath Road League running events (Dunshaughlin, Na Fianna, Bohermeen, etc . . )

• Advertisement

The Hammer wrote: »
    Think I would have to agree with you Mr. Pineapple - even doing the results (the old fashioned way) - by hand should only take at most a day or so to get sorted. 123 runners - 2 months have passed - so we have about 2 days per RUNNER here to get results verified. Surely that is enough???

Certainly Navan AC have a lot to do to raise this race to the standard of the other Meath Road League running events (Dunshaughlin, Na Fianna, Bohermeen, etc . . )
    You're right Hammer , lest anyone misinterpret me , the other clubs in Meath have really excelled themselves this year in terms of organisation and speed of results. Navan do not even need to match their high standards ..just do the basics right... eh.. for all runners .. not just 123 random cases!! Otherwise lets drop them from the Road League!!

Advertisement