Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New first time bulid

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Im going to start ordering parts soon for my first build, what im hoping to achive is a gaming/multi media rig I will be gaming on a hdtv and also using it to watch films and play music and such stuff. I want to be able to play most games at high quality where possible.
    I have put together what i think should do the trick with some future additions down the line as i get more funds im hoping to add a sound card (if they are even needed any more lol) and a tv tuner but they are not urgent and will source them later.

This is what i have put together so far

Sum:
    830,06 €

Article No. HV20I5K5DE entfernen
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    ready for dispatch
    172,54 €

Article No. HV1310F3DE entfernen
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)
    ready for dispatch
    45,14 €

Article No. HV20G330DE entfernen
    4GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
    ready for dispatch (only 1 article)
    39,24 €

Article No. HV207SH1DE entfernen
    Samsung SH-B123L bulk
    ready for dispatch
    53,54 €

Article No. HVR800SADE entfernen
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 800W
    ready for dispatch
    82,24 €

Article No. HV12KV3SDE entfernen
    Kingston SSDNow V-Series 30GB, 2.5", SATA II (SNV125-S2/30GB)
    ready for dispatch
    63,00 €

Article No. HV1027UIDE entfernen
    ASUS EAH6950 DCII /2DI4S/2GD5, AMD Radeon HD 6950, 2GB, PCI- Express
    Delivery time more than 7 days
    218,31 €

Article No. HV1139UKDE entfernen
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 Rev 3.0, Sockel 1155, ATX, DDR3
    ready for dispatch (only 1 article)
    156,05 €

Any improvements suggestions and price reductions too will be more than welcome :)

One problem I have come across is finding a case that will fit all of the above and a bit more i.e the possibility to add crossfire to the gpu and the sound card and tv tuner. any other suggestions such as cooling and any thing else will be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

case anything by haf you wont go wrong haf x being the daddy 912 the baby and 922 in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Went with a Cm Storm enforcer in the end read nothing but good reviews and its not huge which is a good point for me lol.
    So I tweeked my order a bit too changed the mobo to

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=43846&agid=1601

And the gpu to

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=46181&agid=1004

Im not 100% on the brand of gpu, I want the 6950 but there are so many to choose from and i cant tell which would be the best lol i know there is little difference between the 1 and 2 gb versions so any help would be welcome and any further suggestions on the build too.

One last thing would the psu be enough or over kill or is the a better option/ bargin to be had in that department?

Thanks again in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Just a quick question, where are you getting the Cm Storm enforcer? and for what price? looks like an interesting case.

I ordered it from overclockers.co.uk and inc del. it was around €100 which i thought was reasonable. Its due monday ill post some pics and let you know what its like when i get my hands on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Article No. HV12KV3SDE entfernen
    Kingston SSDNow V-Series 30GB, 2.5", SATA II (SNV125-S2/30GB)
    ready for dispatch
    63,00 €

A 30GB SSD is way too small. :eek:
    My default Win 7 install with misc other basic programs takes up 40GB's on my SSD.
    A 64GB or 128GB is the way to go. The Crucial C300 gets good reviews here, the 64GB is €102;
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=36378&agid=1145
    and 128GB is €190;
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=31475&agid=1145

• Advertisement

Cheers for the advice Moon went for this
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=25788&agid=1145

For the price its specs look pretty good just trying to figure out the best motherboard as I'm now debating weather to go with a z68 as apposed to a p67.
    Also which version of the Ati 6950 to get and if there an equivalent nVidia to get ill go with that.

Oh and got my case (Cm Storm Enforcer) today, its a grand size not massive but should be able to take enough components and its build quality is pretty solid mix of plastic and metal doesn't feel cheap in the slightest I have to say, its not really heavy which is good :) comes with loads of cable ties and rails and bits and pieces and a 200mm fan and 120mm fan already installed so a bit less work lol.
    DSC01248.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Just as an FYI, I have Win7 Ultimate, three broswers, and 5GB worth of crap in My Documents, and I still have 8GB free on my 32GB SSD. It's plenty for an OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

np, richie. :)
    Btw, have you ordered the SSD already?

I've been thinking about the z68 vs p67 too, there's a debate about it here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056265567

Lots to choose from for the graphic card.
    Only guide I can give is if you are going for triple monitor setup a 2GB is advisable,
    otherwise a 1GB should be more that enough for gaming on a single monitor.

Yeah i ordered it today couldn't resist after the case arrived lol.

I've no plans to game on 3 screens so the 1gb would be enough I'm just thinking in terms of the asus or msi or xfx or sapphire versions of the card there is soo many and its hard to find any concrete info on the particular brands as to which runs quieter and cooler and which is most reliable and so on.

Advertisement