Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on First Build - Ordering Soon

Options
  • 12-05-2011 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys, I've been looking at building a nice gaming computer for a decent price. I want to be able to run games at 1080p for at least the next few years. Here's everything I've picked out:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 1GB
    Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD burner
    Antec EA-650 GREEN 650W

I am definitely planning on OCing, so I'm going with a Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 cooler.

I do have a question about the motherboard, though. I've decided kind of blindly to go with the MSI 760GM-E51. Will the cooler work with this motherboard, and is it a good choice? If I should consider a different mobo, please let me know.

Lastly, I will be purchasing a Cooler Master HAF 912 case, seeing as it's pretty flexible. Another question: does the case come packaged with two fans or not? Obviously it supports a lot of different fans, but I don't know whether they're included or not.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement