Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a wooden attic (pul down) ladder fitted

• 12-05-2011 7:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a wooden attic (pul down) ladder fitted, fakro or similar, about how much should I be paying, supply and fit

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ballykev

k123456 wrote: »

Looking to get a wooden attic (pul down) ladder fitted, fakro or similar, about how much should I be paying, supply and fit

Thanks

price of attic stairs is from 100 - 120 to fit and put on architrave total price about 270 IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

between 200-250

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

Just got one fitted last week, floored half of attic too. Including price of stairs and labour for whol job excluding materials for floor. It came to about 300euro. This is country price. And a whole day was spent of the flooring aspect of the job. Only a few hours spent on the stairs and the architrave. I would reckon you should get it in for about 200-220euro all in.It works a dream...love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Valdes

I used to fit these myself and probably installed over 300 units all over Munster - I have moved on to other things but I can give you some advice here:

- These days pay no more than e300
    - Insist that the unit is made by Fakro or its unbadged cheaper version (both have a red safety rail and an insulated door with a door seal)
    - Ensure that the installer puts a seal between the joists and the frame of the unit, otherwise you will get drafts (he can use attic insulation)
    - If getting a attic floor installed, consider getting the attic boards which have foam insulation stuck on the back of them. Then if you upgrade your attic insulation at a later date you won't need to rip up your attic flooring

BTW the well known Irish version of attic ladder/stairs has neither an insulated door, nor a door seal nor a safety hand rail

Advertisement