Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for Sony Str-db 940?

• 12-05-2011 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I've a Sony Str-db 940 amp that ive had for ages, and I've an iPad with all my music on it, so Im looking to get it setup.

1st is a recommendation on speakers... what would people recommend for optimal performance at a reasonable price for this amp?

2nd is a recommendation for connectivity of iPad to the amp... Ideally I'd like to be able to use the iPad remotely (via bluetooth perhaps). Is there a device I can connect to the amp to? ...alternatively the amp appears to have an in-built receiver so I could transmit at a certain frequency to get connectivity?

Any ideas/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think if you get an Airport Express and hook it to the aux in of the amp, you can then stream music from the ipad to it using the iPod app.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Thanks for that.

Yeah, I got a recommendation separately for the speakers, Yamaha 280 speakers, nice neat and not overtly expensive.
    A little more up market are the JAMO or the very sharp Boston Audio

and then for the Ipad / phone I can use the Qed "qe2920" apparently

Thanks for the advise though,
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Airplay and the Airport express stream music losslessly.

What are the specs for the puck? Even the QED website doesn't seem to list any performance specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Taken from QED's site:

" uPlay. Stereo Bluetooth Receiver.
    Stream music wirelessly from your iPod to your Bose SoundDock® Places the iPod where it belongs-in your hand! Easily navigate & play your music, podcasts and audio books using the familiar iPod control interface High quality wireless music streaming using the latest BlueCore 5 Bluetooth technology Plays audio from movies, videos and games Elegant cradle designed to complement the iPod whilst in your hand "

In essence a blue-tooth reviver with "red & white" cables to connect to the AMP, as far as i understand

Advertisement