Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban from politics

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭

The thread about Scofflaw banning me was closed there are some outstanding issues.
    some about the ban and some about Scofflaw lying about me.
    If this should be developed in "feedback" forum please advise.

The following is not all the issue but it is what I have to offer for now.

There are two issues here

One is about Scofflaw
    The other is about me and my posting style

Please separate my style from the issue of Scofflaw lying about me and refusing to admit that.

Both relate mainly to two threads/discussions

A thread about cannabis notably the legalisation of recreational cannabis – I will call this the C thread

Another thread about Rauri Quinn announcing he wishes to move Religion out of management of schools.

As regards the Scofflaw issue
    Scofflaw lied about me in relation to the C thread and claimed that the reason I was posting was because I was biased and clearly anti cannabis. I pointed out that this is a lie and that I had previously made statements showing this to be untrue and Scofflaw by persisting in this was lying about me. I offered not to post for seven weeks . I did post once or twice to this thread but they were short ( a few lines) and to correct factual references. I also drew attention to the point that I was volunteering not to post this thread but that that was related to Scofflaw clarifying the lies he had made in claiming I was anti cannabis which he had not supported and which he had not withdrawn.

As regards the religion in schools issue.

I drew attention to the fact that I suspected atheists began to complain about me after another post waqs put in the atheist forum drawing attention to this thread. I also post that thereis an agenda by atheists to attack religion on schools. Scofflaw then bans me for three months without supplying any reference to rule being broken. The reasons he asserts are because of my prior behaviour in the C thread NB This C thread contained lies by Scofflaw about my motivation for posting to the C thread. Also asserted is the idea that I am hobby horsing an issue the issue being an “atheist agenda” to attach religion.

The thread is about Rauri Quinn an atheist Minister for Education wanting to remove religion from management of schools! How can I be hobby horsing when it is the issue? And how is a lie by Scofflaw about another thread relevant information as to posting style on atheism wanting to remove religion from schools?

I have already pointed out the reference to the atheist forum drawing attention personally to me.

I asked Scofflaw if he is an atheist and he refused to tell me.

I then get told the ban from politics is permanent!

How do you base a ban on something which is biased on containing lies about me?
    How do you increased such baseless decisions to extend the ban from three months to infinity? ( I understand Asiaprod has suggested this ban might be removed at some stage in the future. It would seem it was applied for entering into threads and rebutting every point made by other posters. Even if I do and I don't -why should anyone be banned for this? Especially in a politics group?)

And there is the issue of censoring what you didn't feel comfortable with.

How is it all the other people involved in bullying me or taunting me were not banned?

It seems obvious moderators do not like me but that is not sufficient reason for them to ban me permanently for pointing to an atheist agenda or for pointing out that the Labour Party are not being criticized to the level FF FG GP PD or SF are.

As regards "REfusing to learn " or "refusing to change style" this also is not true.

One example is in a thread I was told not to argue with a moderator. onl;y AFTER it was pointed out to me that moderators post as posters but when they post IN BOLD they are posting as moderators did I know when they were posting decisions. I NEVER posted in response to an all bold post after that!

I have other examples but one counter example is sufficient to logically disprove the inference made.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ISAW, an Admin has upheld the ban. They are the last line of appeal in what has been a long saga of posting.

It doesn't matter that you feel issued haven't been addressed - everyone else is satisfied they have.
    Reopening an identical DR thread is pointless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As the appeal was previously upheld by an admin, this is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement