Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to move, what to do? Financial advice needed

Options
  • 12-05-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice for me.

I have been in the country for around a year and finally, finally found a job and am due to start next week. Problem is, I have to move for it. Now with the long unemployment my savings are used up (never tried getting dole, I didn't move to be a leecher!). I found a nice house I would want to rent near work but I don't know how to finances it. I need to pay a full rent for his place still, the security deposit for the new place (not getting mine back as I have to leave my lease early...but at least no more) and a month's rent. This leaves me with about 2k I need to get asap. I have been to my bank but obviously no help there, didn't really expect it but I thought it won't hurt to try.

What annoys me most is that I finally get things sorted and money is tight. I have asked family and friends but no one can (or wants) to help.

Does anyone know a place I could borrow the money from? Credit Unions are not really an option as I only just found out about them and have no account....I just want my life to be sorted :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

Try to talk to your new employer, maybe they could pay you something in advance?

Also, couldn't you stay in your place for a little bit longer (even with though commuting) in order to get some cash and move in a month or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ceida

Hey,

Unfortunately staying in the old house is not an option as that would be 5h commute each day and I can't afford the petrol for that.

Currently asking my employer but no reply yet =/

Originally my family wanted to help but the situation has changed and they don't have the money anymore.

Advertisement