Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chaos 9 - 3rd September - Millenium Forum, Derry

• 12-05-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

After the roaring success of the last show and the biggest MMA show the North West has ever seen. Chaos will be returning to the Forum to provide folks with more top quality bouts.

As usual we will be featuring some of the best fighters on our shores and the cream of local talent.

Any coaches that want to be considered need to let me know fast as the match making is well under way. Will start with 1 title fight announcement

Featherweight Title
    Ben Davis(Point Blank Submissions) vs Brain Moore(SBG)

At Ben's last outing at Chaos he put on a slick striking performance to beat one of Ireland's top fighters and in the process took the title. This man has great movement and sharp hands and feet.

Brian won his last match with us and in the process was promised a title shot. He beat a very tough fighter in Andy Young and showed some really impressive striking on the way to the win.

This fight is really worthy of any card and should be an explosive affair.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Awwwwww man with that fight announced as the first one , I'm really looking forward to this line up , could be the best one yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

manga_10 wrote: »
    Awwwwww man with that fight announced as the first one , I'm really looking forward to this line up , could be the best one yet :D

Ditto. Such a pity bout the date otherwise Id definitely make it up for my 1st Chaos. Hear you guys put on a great show. Unfortunately I'll be in rush supportin my team mates. Good luck though, That 1st one is a right belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Cracking fight, going to be really interesting, I watched Brian's dismantling of Taz at the last event and his game was very sharp, Ben too has been on a run of form, when these two collide there could be murder, but the exciting, entertaining, we'll be friends afterward kind, not the creepy, stabby, scary kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Bantamweight Title
    Patrick Holohan(SBG) vs Neil McGuigan(EFR)

This fight went to a controversial draw at the last show. So we have given the 2 lads a shot again.

I'm sure of a different outcome this time as both lads I imagine will come with very different gameplans.

After the last time , we can definitely expect fireworks from these two , looking forward to seeing the rest of this card now with the way this cards shaping up thus far :cool:

• Advertisement

Middle C class title
    Gareth Loughran(Sudden Impact) vs Paul Brown(Fighting Fit)

This is a fight that was supposed to go down on the last card but Gareth hits that hard his hand smashed.

Paul took a different fight and looked impressive with a GNP win.

Welter C class title

Killian Kearney(Congo) vs Mal McFall(Tai Jitsu)

Killian is our current welterweight champ. He is a well rounded fighter with great cardio and the heart of a Lion.

Mal is another lad who is strong in all areas. He has a strong record of 5,1 and was very eager to get this fight.

I sense a war coming in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Welter C class title

Killian is our current welterweight champ. He is a well rounded fighter with great cardio and the heart of a Lion.

Mal is another lad who is strong in all areas. He has a strong record of 5,1 and was very eager to get this fight.

This one has war written all over it, cracking match!!!

Jason are all the C Class titles fought at new C?

Welter C class title

Ive fought both these guys under different rules. Hard to see McFall not walkin away with the win as both fights went quite differently. Gotta say thou theres no puttin Killian out. Heart of a lion is exactly how to describe him.

This one has war written all over it, cracking match!!!

Jason are all the C Class titles fought at new C?

The ones mentioned so far are.

I will have to do this on a case by case basis. For example Gregor Lenark is our LHW champ, his coach only wants him fighting old rules.

I personally prefer the new rules as a promoter as the audience get better value and less chance of a stale match on the ground.

As a coach I can see how the old C can be a good tool for progression.

• Advertisement

Ive fought both these guys under different rules. Hard to see McFall not walkin away with the win as both fights went quite differently. Gotta say thou theres no puttin Killian out. Heart of a lion is exactly how to describe him.

can I ask who u are?

can I ask who u are?
    No Problem.
    Paul Hamill. Faced Killian in the League (congo used to be Elite or somethin didnt it) a couple years go and pretty much dominated him but chap wasnt tappin to a single thing a put on him (the dude is tough) and faced Mal last year at clan wars and the dude was able to stifle my game completely and ground out a decision. After I faced Mal I decided it was time to get my a$$ outta the welterweight division. The dude is huge.

Yeah I've seen Killian in a fully extended armbar which he got out of and also a good toe hold which he escaped.

Must be made of rubber LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

if i get a hold of his arm he wont be gettin out, as everyone knows there is only a certain amount an elastic band can go till it snaps and i will be taking till he taps or snaps!!

Bantam C class title
    Shane Marum(tuatha Deann) vs Gavin Kelly(Evolve)

Gavin is known for his strong wrestling and takedown skills and all brings a high octane pace. He is making the drop to bantam as he has always been a small feather

Shane comes from a very strong camp and is looking to make a strong impression on the scene. He is a well rounded fighter and egaer to take home the belt.

Straw C class title (new GNP rules)
    Damien Wisdom(EFR) vs Johnny McCauley(Evolve)

Damien has been around the scene for quite a while and has always impressed. Coming from EFR you know he will bring a strong ground game and quality clinch work.

Johnny is an exciting striker who has developed a strong wrestling game. His fights are always fast paced and exciting to watch.

Feather C old rules
    Alan Hannah(IMMA) vs Ricky Morrison(Evolve)

Ricky is a guy who likes to stand and bang but is equally at home in the grappling range.

Alan is training with IMMA who are producing a lot of great talent recently. Alan is key to add his name to that list

Both these lads are relative newcomers and looking forward to show casing their skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

Bantam C class title
    Shane Marum(tuatha Deann) vs Gavin Kelly(Evolve)

is this new c-class rules? should be a great fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

As a coach I can see how the old C can be a good tool for progression.

i really cant :confused: - ground fighting is different when head shots are allowed, but only 100% completely different. a striker may do well fighting 'old c' and then get destroyed changing over to 'new c'.
    imagine a good grappler mounted on a good striker. all the striker has to do is keep his elbows in and he is in no danger...none. i could teach a striker to be safe on bottom in one lesson.
    now let the grappler strike the head from the mount...new game.
    if anything 'old c' will teach bad habits that'll have to be unlearned when the transition is made. the striker is giong to have to learn a new type of bottom game and the grappler is going to have to throw away about 90% of his techniques.
    do plenty of grappling comps, kickboxing matches etc then mma league, then amatuer (new c) then pro. simples

but hey just a rant - makes no odds to me as thats the progression SBG fighters make...and we're not doing too bad :)

as matter of interest are the old c still fought with pro mma gloves or sparring gloves now?

Old C and New are with the big gloves on our show.

I get your point for sure john. The game is opened up much more with head shots. Plus I think its much more important now to wrestle for good position.

• Advertisement

Welter B
    Jason Quinn(Point Blank) vs Bryan Gorman(Fighting Fit)

This is both these lads Pro Debuts.

Bryan is known for his strong wrestling and BJJ and is strong as a bull. He never backs down from a challenge and is eager to make another good show at Chaos.

Jason is a strong striker with good takedown defense so this will make for an entertaining battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Welter B
    Jason Quinn(Point Blank) vs Bryan Gorman(Fighting Fit)

This is both these lads Pro Debuts.

Bryan is known for his strong wrestling and BJJ and is strong as a bull. He never backs down from a challenge and is eager to make another good show at Chaos.

Jason is a strong striker with good takedown defense so this will make for an entertaining battle.
    Always look forward to when Jayo fights, always exciting. Bryan is a great fighter too, so I'd say it will be another sizzler. Really up for this event.

Old C and New are with the big gloves on our show.
    Wow thats possibly the worst possible scenario for any grapplers out there. With the old c class once the fight hits the ground it becomes a grappling match. Its just way too akward to grapple with those gloves without strikes

Well thats the way it has been up here for a few years on all the shows.

There was a meeting about 3 ago with the promoters around at the time and that was what was decided. We stuck with the rules and implemented them.

I appreciate it's not ideal

Welter C old
    Paddy McCaunaghey(Rilion Gracie) versus Kieran Barr(SFT)

Kieran hails from Strabane Fight Team so will be well versed in grappling under Connor Cassidy.

Paddy is from Rilion Gracie and a blue belt under them. This should make for an interesting and slick grappling match as both lads will be looking to impress close to home.

Tickets now available for the show at

http://www.millenniumforum.co.uk/

Feather Weight C class old
    James O Boyle(EFR) vs Mark Alexander (AVT)

Both of these lads have been training hard and looking to break onto the scene.

They each have 2 fights under their belts already and are gaining experience all the time.

This should be an excting match as the 2 lads will be eager to impress

Lightweight C (new)

Stephen McCourt(Kyoujin Mma) vs Michael O Connor(Evolve Martial Arts)

Stephen is a very well rounded blue belt in BJJ but also likes to work his standup. He is very eager for this match and has been training like a maniac

Micky 'The Bricky' is a fighter to can work at all ranges. He's fir, he's fast and he's ferocious. This will be a very interesting encounter....

Folks looking for an opponent for

Ciaran McFadden(Rilion Gracie) 77kgs old C class if anyone can help.

(if you are a fighter please get your coach to contact me)

• Advertisement

Need opponent for Philip Mulpeter for a match to contest our lightweight title.

Anyone up for the challenge please contact me....

Does that mean mcgregor will be stepping down to challenge for the FW title

mcgregor signed exclusively to cagewarriors now...so has a different title in his sights...

so anybody for philip?? have a bit of room left on my wall that needs filling...:D

I would and all but I was told never to play with strangers :rolleyes:

so anybody for philip?? have a bit of room left on my wall that needs filling...:D

so no one wants to fight philip for a title on a really good show?? thats a shock!! :eek:

I hear its more because of ur mysterious seagal like aura than anything else john ;D

• Advertisement

im working on my pony tail

Lightweight Title
    Paul Redmond(Ryano) vs Philip Mulpeter(SBG)

This fight is an interesting one as Redmond has a recent win over Philip's team mate.

Both these lads can take you out with submissions or with their hands so it will be interesting to see where the fight ends up.....

Full card as it stands.. Shaping up to be some cracking matches... Can't wait. Get ur tickets now at the millenium box office

Lightweight Title
    Paul Redmond(Ryano) vs Philip Mulpeter(SBG)

Interim Featherweight Title
    Steve 'Taz' McCombe vs Brain Moore(SBG)

Bantamweight Title
    Patrick Holohan(SBG) vs Neil McGuigan(EFR)

Feather B
    Richie Edgeworth(Ryano) vs Alan Philpott(IMMA)

Welter B
    John Ging(Tuatha Deann) vs Bryan Gorman(Fighting Fit)

LHW C class title
    Ryan Boyd(IMMA) vs Darragh Kennedy(Kokoro)

Straw C class title
    Damien Wisdom(EFR) vs Johnny McCauley(Evolve)

Middle C class title
    Gareth Loughran(Sudden Impact) vs Paul Brown(Fighting Fit)

Bantam C class title
    Shane Marum(tuatha Deann) Gavin Kelly(Evolve)

Welter C class title

Light C GNP
    Caolan Shivers(Sudden Impact) vs James 'Sexual' Heelan(SBG)

Feather C old
    Alan Hannah(IMMA) vs Ricky Morrison(Evolve)

Welter C old
    Paddy McCaunaghey(Rilion Gracie) vs Kieran Barr(SFT)

Light C old
    Stephen McCourt(Kyoujin) vs Michael O'Connor(Evolve)

Feather C class old
    James O Boyle(EFR) vs Connor White(IMMA)

Teen Match
    TBC John 'Bilbo' Bradley(Evolve)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

haven,t been to many fights in a while can u post start time doors open etc price ,,
    james mc clements

Doors open : 6.00/6.30 ish
    Kicks off at 7.00
    Ticket price :£25 available at the millenium forum box office

You should definitely try to make it , its going to be a good night of fights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

ok thanks for the info,last time i was there son was fighting and think it was in the everglades

Forums a big step up from the everglades, advice though is to get balcony seats if you can

Folks, Steve has had to pull after his match at weekend.

So I'm looking for an opponent again for Brian Moore. The lad is 2,0, it will be a shot at Interim title. Winner to face Ben Davis.

Surely there must be a featherweight somewhere in the country willing to take this oppurtunity????

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Since the show is so close I would say your best bet would be someone who had a fight recently and is therefore in shape. How about Joe Clarke or Conor Dillon for the Moore fight, both of which would be great fights!

Both were asked and both refused. That was my first line of thought

Still looking for someone to take the challenge against Brian Moore.

Only a few days left ow folks to get tickets to one of the top shows in the country. There are still 13 fights on the card.

I can see some serious fireworks going off in the cage Saturday night.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ScottGlenn

Looks like a great night of fights.

Are you still looking for an opponent for Brian Moore?

Kevin Devaney (Fighting Fit) is heavy handed featherweight always up for a war in the cage. It would make for a fantastic battle.

ScottGlenn wrote: »
    Looks like a great night of fights.

Are you still looking for an opponent for Brian Moore?

Kevin Devaney (Fighting Fit) is heavy handed featherweight always up for a war in the cage. It would make for a fantastic battle.

Tell his coach (is it bryan Gorman) to contact me if they are interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Some great looking fights on the card, Chaos is always a great night out. Looking forward to this one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

cant wait till tonight for this! hopefully the fighting fit lads can do the buisness

• Advertisement
Advertisement