Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would YOU like to see?

• 12-05-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anything in particular that people would like to see? Anything stickied, feature ideas, etc?

Wouldn't mind getting a weekly / monthly competition going - something like being given a theme and running with it...for fun of course.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Anyone want to do a tutorial for creating intros for the "What is this forum?". Seems to be one of the things in demand :)

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is kind of hard to articulate... but, I would like to hear more on why recorders do what they do, and what they do with it.

Like I am obviously not the standard looking at the channels thread because a) I don't record COD and b) I'm really only recording live tournaments of a given game. RopeDrink would be another example of someone who is far and away from the norm here, between his newground stuff, wow stuff and also online SF stuff.

So for example my needs are vastly different to others as I need a 100% portable recording studio, in effect. Ropedrink would require other stuff I assume.

I think some interesting talk about the direction of why we record and what we do with it would be good.

I think a little discussion about youtube and the other hosts would go a long way. I know over in FG recently I had to dispel alot of myths over copyright and DMCAs and these things are important to us all.

Maybe a showcase thread would be an idea. I don't do any work with my vids though, people don't want that stuff with SF. They want to see the match and hear commentary, end of :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could be interesting to hear the ins-and-outs of various packages (if I'm understanding your comment correctly).

Also brings me on to why people like you do what you do - a showcase of the people behind the programme (this may also have been the meaning - my brain is fried from studies :D). To use yourself as an example, you are under enough pressure with the tournament play and trying to chat to friends when you attend events. Why do you take on the extra responsibility and all that it entails?

Additional discussions could be interesting - the how to get partnership on YT, how to get views, advice and discussion about shows, copyright and what it means...Even a discussion of the Mortal Kombat Legacy series - now releases 2 versions on to YT, censored and uncensored because it was thought that having to sign in put people off...

🤪

Yes, for example- right now, I have had a copyright claim made against me for the music in the SF vids from a company called "IDOL".

I am pretty sure Capcom might not be too happy about this and I can't find any good info on them from cursory google searches although it seems they might be quite quick to file false claims. A thread to discuss stuff like that would be good (I'm well aware Capcom could tell me to take everything of theirs down tomorrow, but someone else can sod off).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yes, for example- right now, I have had a copyright claim made against me for the music in the SF vids from a company called "IDOL".

What music did you have running over the video? Sometimes copyright claims come from entities with a name that generally makes it impossible to figure out who they are, however I suspect that maybe in this case it means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol_Records?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    What music did you have running over the video? Sometimes copyright claims come from entities with a name that generally makes it impossible to figure out who they are, however I suspect that maybe in this case it means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol_Records?

That's the thing- I din't use any music, if I do it's my own.

It's the in game music they claimed for, which a) is so low it's virtually unhearable and b) I might have some claim against under fair use as it's being constantly talked over.

Capcom does not put in copyright claims against video footage as tournament play is the life blood of SF.

I'll continue in the other thread though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I missed this thread, seems like a really good idea :)

Any particular guides people are looking for in terms of recording? I have no problem doing some video tutorials

RopeDrink wrote: »
    @Doomy (And anyone else interested in Doom's idea):

Going to post the Movie Makers Corner thread and hope to ask your very own question (Why do you do it and what do you do with it?).

Sadly I couldn't think of a better way to start it off than by ranting about myself and answering said question in essay format so if that was a bad move, tell me in thread and I'll edit it.

Nah it's cool. I think I will do it too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I like yours and people should feel free to ask questions. At least this way, everyone can chime in with their own stuff. Threads for individual posters may put people off if they feel that they don't have enough / have done enough.

🤪

Advertisement