Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMDG 737NGX on Finals (Nearly there at last!). Videos released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Cant wait for this, recently rediscovered the PMDG MD11 for FSX and the attention to detail is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

And another from Fly AOA but this time in the air

PMDG have also just announced today that they hope/expect to release on or by August 4th :)

Just hope my PC is up to it. Planning an upgrade to the latest and great but will need time to get the funds together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Arrgh. Just bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 and now they announce a close release date for this...:)

It does look superb. I've been flying their Jetstream 4100 for the last year or so and its very immersive and realistic..Combine that with REX, a good third party scenery program such as ORBX with FSX and you've got an awesome flight simulator. If only FSX came with an aircraft of this detail included. This 737NGX is going to be very popular.

PMDG 737NGX PACKAGES:
    =====================

PMDG 737NGX Base Package: $69.99* ETA: On/Before 04AUG11 Contains the 737-800/800WL, 737-900/900WL

PMDG 737NGX 6700 Package: $24.99 ETA: 4-8 weeks after base Contains the 737-600, 737-700/700WL

PMDG 737NGX ER Package: TBA ETA: 4-8 weeks after 6700 Contains the all 737ER variants.

PMDG 737NGX BBJ Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains BBJ/BBJ2 variants.

PMDG 737NGX Mil Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains the P-8 and "Wedgetail" variants.

Download size: Base Package is appx 540MB.

• Advertisement

An overview of some of the aircraft's systems, filmed on the ground.

The pricing is quite good for what you are getting here I think. It works out at just under 50eur.

The beta testers are claiming it has very good frame rates but they don't reveal what sort of pc's they are running it on.

I hope its better fps then their J41. Very CPU hungry. Made me realise how GPU isnt half as important as a fast CPU/RAM for this type of sim. All those cockpit instruments really take a lot of work, in outside views i get 35+, inside the VC only 15-20 especially when near complicated scenery. Its been discussed in the AVsim forum that the framerates are reported similar to their MD11 model.

I wonder what download speeds are going to be like on release day :) Might be worth waiting for any service pack that comes out but i'll probably buy it as soon as possible and get stuck in. Winters in full swing here in NZ so i need something to pass the time on the long dark evenings :)

pclancy wrote: »
    I hope its better fps then their J41. Very CPU hungry. Made me realise how GPU isnt half as important as a fast CPU/RAM for this type of sim. All those cockpit instruments really take a lot of work, in outside views i get 35+, inside the VC only 15-20 especially when near complicated scenery. Its been discussed in the AVsim forum that the framerates are reported similar to their MD11 model.

I wonder what download speeds are going to be like on release day :) Might be worth waiting for any service pack that comes out but i'll probably buy it as soon as possible and get stuck in. Winters in full swing here in NZ so i need something to pass the time on the long dark evenings :)

The MD11 is a bit of a pig to run too, similar to the J41. I hope the 737NG is optimised a bit better. Could be time for a hardware upgrade...

PMDG are going to need some beefy servers and mirrors and a serious upload speed on release day alright. There are a lot of folks waiting for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭IrishB.ie

bandit197 wrote: »
    The beta testers are claiming it has very good frame rates but they don't reveal what sort of pc's they are running it on.

I wonder is it something like this. :eek:

Nforce wrote: »
    PMDG 737NGX PACKAGES:
    =====================

PMDG 737NGX Base Package: $69.99* ETA: On/Before 04AUG11 Contains the 737-800/800WL, 737-900/900WL

PMDG 737NGX 6700 Package: $24.99 ETA: 4-8 weeks after base Contains the 737-600, 737-700/700WL

PMDG 737NGX ER Package: TBA ETA: 4-8 weeks after 6700 Contains the all 737ER variants.

PMDG 737NGX BBJ Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains BBJ/BBJ2 variants.

PMDG 737NGX Mil Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains the P-8 and "Wedgetail" variants.

Download size: Base Package is appx 540MB.

Just to correct myself (well actually this was pointed out by one of the guys at PMDG) but the pricing of the base package is only set at $69.99 for a limited time. To quote PMDG...
    5) You will notice that I have placed an asterisk after the $69.99 price for the base package. This is an initial release price that will be available until the release of the first expansion pack (1-2 months after the base package release.) After this time, the price for the base package will increase to $74.99.

• Advertisement

A complete flight up on AOA now. Looks very nice.

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/aoa/nicks-737ngx-takeoff/

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

looks a bit outdated for a NG as yer man explains at the start!! i still think the iFLY NGX is better

I havent heard much about the iFly Ng, how does it compare?

It's ok - poor framerate though. I think visually and systems-wise the PMDG wins it clearly.

It's out!!

Anyone here getting it?

Not quite out yet, there's no purchase link on the product page :) The screenshots look tasty. The amount of activity over on their forum on Avsim is insane, some people appear to be staring at their screens hitting F5 every few minutes. I wonder will the download servers hold up on release day.

I'll probably grab a copy over the weekend as the misses is away right now so i've got plenty of time for some virtual flying.

There is a 'buy now' button to the left of the pic but the page is not loading for me. Servers are getting hammered Id say.

The Angle of Attack training site is the same.

Oh yeah you're right, its available now.

This link works

I'm very tempted but want to see how it runs first.

...if the website was actually working. Must be getting totally slammed with requests.

• Advertisement

There is talk of it being a fake release on the avsim forums now, possibly a hack coming from a Chinese source, lol. The hype over this is unreal.
    I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.

It's a denial of service (ddos) attack originating from China. The website hasn't been hacked, it's just an organised hammering from someone which is overloading the server.

Not sure how it can be prevented, but as soon as I have the opportunity - I'm buying! :)

John_Mc wrote: »
    It's a denial of service (ddos) attack originating from China. The website hasn't been hacked, it's just an organised hammering from someone which is overloading the server.

Not sure how it can be prevented, but as soon as I have the opportunity - I'm buying! :)

There is no real way to prevent a ddos attack as it all looks like legitimate traffic. Not sure if I believe the spin from PMDG tbh, it could also be that they underestimated the interest and were not fully prepared.

I have the iFly737 so finding it hard to justify buying it. The iFly is very good but it's no PMDG. Let me know what you think when you get it.

I got it and it really is fantastic. So detailed. Really enjoyable to fly and doesnt actually seem to hurt framerates that much.

pclancy wrote: »
    I got it and it really is fantastic. So detailed. Really enjoyable to fly and doesnt actually seem to hurt framerates that much.

Installed it at lunch and did a quick take off from Eiresims cork with plenty of weather. Performance was good. Very good compared to iFly in fact.

The sounds were absolutely class! Cannot wait to get home now :)

Yeah the sound package really is spot on. I've just found all the options for failures, ground equipment, lighting in the FMC, there's so much stuff you can customize and configure.

http://media.fsbreak.net/podcasts/fsbreak_096.mp3

Good podcast from FSBreak, some people from Angle of Attack talking about the NGX and also talking to one of the developers.

I bought this today, its impressive. Far more detail than the ifly, sounds great too.

bandit197 wrote: »
    I bought this today, its impressive. Far more detail than the ifly, sounds great too.

Yes it is! It's a lot smoother with performance as well. I like the way you can disable the FO instruments aswell.

Having trouble getting a smooth landing without floating half way down the runway due to ground effect though! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Its a excellent product but i cant help but feel it could be better, you cant manually extend the gear in a emergency, Also it would have been nice if they included a virtual co-pilot like they did in the md11

Advertisement