Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMDG 737NGX on Finals (Nearly there at last!). Videos released

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Shane Slv wrote: »
    Its a excellent product but i cant help but feel it could be better, you cant manually extend the gear in a emergency, Also it would have been nice if they included a virtual co-pilot like they did in the md11

What do you mean about the gear? What type of emergency? I would imagine that's the way it is in reality if that's the way they implemented it.

Not sure what co-pilot you're talking about - callouts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

FS2 Crew will do all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

John_Mc wrote: »
    Yes it is! It's a lot smoother with performance as well. I like the way you can disable the FO instruments aswell.

Having trouble getting a smooth landing without floating half way down the runway due to ground effect though! :o

Having spent a few hours with it now its clear to see that they have raised the bar with this one. There is no other addon that I know of that comes even close at the moment.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Having spent a few hours with it now its clear to see that they have raised the bar with this one. There is no other addon that I know of that comes even close at the moment.

Yes definitely! I think watching the introductory videos over on AOA gives you a good idea of how in depth they went. Stuff like the hangover load which you would never know about unless you were told.

I havent even started reading the manuals yet either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

What do you mean about the gear? What type of emergency? I would imagine that's the way it is in reality if that's the way they implemented it.

Not sure what co-pilot you're talking about - callouts maybe?

In the real 737 you can extend the gear manually when the hydraulic systems have failed . There is a access panel in the floor behind the pedasil with 3 switches. Each one unlocks the gear allowing it to lower under gravity. This is not simulated on the 737 ngx.

By co-pilot i mean the call outs we got with the md11 , v1, rotate, v2 ect...
    I must have a look into fs crew.

It is still in my opinion the best add on for fsx at the moment. It is really amazing to fly.

• Advertisement

Yes definitely! I think watching the introductory videos over on AOA gives you a good idea of how in depth they went. Stuff like the hangover load which you would never know about unless you were told.

I havent even started reading the manuals yet either!

Yeah the videos on AOA are very good, Ive been considering taking one of their training packages.
    Things like the detail in the CDU/FMC are amazing, down to some of the quirks in the real thing being modelled into the sim. Unbelievable.
    You can almost 'feel' the weight of the plane when hand flying, there are no sharp movements like you can get in other similar addons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

In the real 737 you can extend the gear manually when the hydraulic systems have failed . There is a access panel in the floor behind the pedasil with 3 switches. Each one unlocks the gear allowing it to lower under gravity. This is not simulated on the 737 ngx.

By co-pilot i mean the call outs we got with the md11 , v1, rotate, v2 ect...
    I must have a look into fs crew.

It is still in my opinion the best add on for fsx at the moment. It is really amazing to fly.
    Best when the bugs are all sorted.
    My VA has just brought in the NGX, and our big bird crews hate it so far... buggy, the flight computer can change its mind, quirks... a lot are being solved by pmdg hotfixes, but its far from 'ready'.
    You can gravity drop the NGX gear, but its keyboard command rather than the actual lever. Chances are if it fails, on your own, youve bigger problems.

Firekitten wrote: »
    Best when the bugs are all sorted.
    My VA has just brought in the NGX, and our big bird crews hate it so far... buggy, the flight computer can change its mind, quirks... a lot are being solved by pmdg hotfixes, but its far from 'ready'.
    You can gravity drop the NGX gear, but its keyboard command rather than the actual lever. Chances are if it fails, on your own, youve bigger problems.

The only bug I encountered was the radio altimeter which was set to something like 9000ft which was annoying.

Some people are experiencing activation problems and a screen freeze issue, but I wouldn't call it buggy at all.

Cant say I found any bugs either. Anything I encountered turned out to be my lack of knowledge in how the real aircraft actually works. Remember the quirks that exist in the real aircraft are modelled into the PMDG.

On a similar note some of you might have seen the videos (linked below) that Jack Colwill has posted on Avsim. He is a real world pilot who flies the 737 and he commented on how accurate the PMDG 737NGX actually is. The videos give a good insight on how to manage the NG.

Do you really need speedbrakes?...Video

Managing drag during approach...Video

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

A common failure for a gear not to retract on a real NG is also the access door to these handles,if the access door is not properly closed the gear wont retract!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

A320 wrote: »
    A common failure for a gear not to retract on a real NG is also the access door to these handles,if the access door is not properly closed the gear wont retract!!

Thanks, love learning nuggets of information like this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

You can tell the team of developers and testers were small compared to the size of the big commercial game developers, there will always be a few patches and updates required when their testing is so limited. All in all its been very stable on my PC with no bugs or glitches and excellent FPS.

Advertisement