Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hueston to Aviva stadium

Options
  • 12-05-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

How long - and roughly how much would it cost - to get a cab out there?]

Also, how far from the Aviva is Gardiner Street? Walking distance?

Don't know Dublin too well, unfortunately. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Get the Luas from Heuston to Conolly, Dart from Connolly to Landsdowne Road.

Should'nt take too long, pretty cheap too.

Gardiner St. ain't too far from Connolly too for your return trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IntoTheAshtray

Would get Luas + Dart, but arriving pretty late. Assuming Taxi would be best option in that case.

How long does the drive over take, roughly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

For what day? Traffic restrictions may mean the Luas / Dart combo is still quickest.

It'll be around 6:30 or so next Weds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Don't know Dublin too well, unfortunately. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
    Why not walk? Head along the Liffey into the city centre and go to the back of Trinity College. Then keep walking straight out for about 15 minutes and you're there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Nolanger wrote: »
    Why not walk? Head along the Liffey into the city centre and go to the back of Trinity College. Then keep walking straight out for about 15 minutes and you're there!

Terrible plan-that's about a 4 mile walk through a strange city. I think your best bet is to get the Luas from outside Heuston as far as The Point. Cross over the East Link bridge into Ringsend and you'll be able to see the stadium/crowds in front of you. You'll be able to get back to Gardiner St the same way by exiting the Luas at Busáras.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

latenia wrote: »
    Terrible plan-that's about a 4 mile walk through a strange city. I think your best bet is to get the Luas from outside Heuston as far as The Point. Cross over the East Link bridge into Ringsend and you'll be able to see the stadium/crowds in front of you. You'll be able to get back to Gardiner St the same way by exiting the Luas at Busáras.

Thats a good way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Normally I'd recommend someone not too familiar to the city to get a taxi but given the 'lockdown' that's going to happen next week walking may be your best bet. It shouldn't take more than half an hour, just have a gander on google maps to get your best route.

I assume you're off to the Europa League final OP, I'd say there will be plenty of others doing the same, or a similar, walk back from the match, you won't be alone walking back.

Yes, cup final. Is it really 4 miles? Half hour wouldn't be too bad.

Is it a fairly easy route out there? Don't know the city too well, like.

Yes, cup final. Is it really 4 miles? Half hour wouldn't be too bad.

Is it a fairly easy route out there? Don't know the city too well, like.

Wouldn't say its 4 miles, a 30-40 minute walk depending on your pace seems right though.

I don't know how to post the link here but if you go onto google maps and type in walking directions from Gardiner Street to Lansdowne Road it should highlight the route for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

try www.dto.ie either

and put in your start point and destination and it will give you walking directions.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say its 4 miles, a 30-40 minute walk depending on your pace seems right though.

I don't know how to post the link here but if you go onto google maps and type in walking directions from Gardiner Street to Lansdowne Road it should highlight the route for you.

Sorry, I've mixed things up.

I'd like to know how long it'll take to walk from Heuston to Lansdowne?

Sorry, I've mixed things up.

I'd like to know how long it'll take to walk from Heuston to Lansdowne?

Oh, that may take about 50 minutes or so depending on how fast you can walk, I'd say the Luas to Connolly and a Dart to Landsdowne Road may be your best bet there.

Oh, that may take about 50 minutes or so depending on how fast you can walk, I'd say the Luas to Connolly and a Dart to Landsdowne Road may be your best bet there.

Ah, that's a bit, um, long. Eek.

With expected restrictions, and stuff - Queen, crowds, etc - would I realistically be ok getting a cab from Heuston out there?

Been told it would cost around €20, or so. Is that fairly accurate?

Ah, that's a bit, um, long. Eek.

With expected restrictions, and stuff - Queen, crowds, etc - would I realistically be ok getting a cab from Heuston out there?

Been told it would cost around €20, or so. Is that fairly accurate?

Honestly I wouldn't have a clue. It's hard to predict how things will be with the restrictions for this visit and everything.

Honestly I wouldn't have a clue. It's hard to predict how things will be with the restrictions for this visit and everything.

Hmm, okay. Cheers anyway, you've been kind.

Hope we make it. Cab, at the minute, is our best bet I think. Not arsed about the cost, more about getting there on time.

All going well, we'll have disembarked by 6:30. Kick off's at 7:45.

Advertisement