Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

• 12-05-2011 12:36pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So you've decided to put on fresh legs in the centre of midfield and use your last substitute, as soon as he's on the next script that appears on the screen is "the injury was caused by" and it's written with your teams colour in the backround. You shake the monitor and throw your cup at the wall and when the OH asks is everything OK, you just say "yes dear, I just had a player injured", she's probably used to the long silences coming from your room only to be interupted every hour or so by the shouts of "get in my son" or the banging of the desk followed by the shouting of some obsenities. What causes you to shout these obsenities?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Calm down :D. I don't get annoyed playing the game, in my head I will say everything but never say it out loud. Although my laptop switched off last night and now I am back 3 games which I have to play again. 1 of which was my Belarus team beating Germany, so I will be pretty p'd if I don't win that :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Injuries after the last sub is used drive me nuts especially when you know they are going to come back and get a result out of it.

Agents who dislike you really annoy me, especially when their client ends up at another club on far less money then what you were offering. Where is the "Your agent is going to ruin your career at this club option"?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So you've decided to put on fresh legs in the centre of midfield and use your last substitute, as soon as he's on the next script that appears on the screen is "the injury was caused by" and it's written with your teams colour in the backround. You shake the monitor and throw your cup at the wall and when the OH asks is everything OK, you just say "yes dear, I just had a player injured", she's probably used to the long silences coming from your room only to be interupted every hour or so by the shouts of "get in my son" or the banging of the desk followed by the shouting of some obsenities. What causes you to shout these obsenities?
    Aye, happens to me countless times but you get used to it if you playing 11.3. :rolleyes:

Another one that pisses me off is when you scout a player you really want only for another club to bid for him without given me a notification that the club has, the next thing you know Chelsea have signed phil jones for 4mil when you were going to offer 12mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

When my players miss one on ones, nothing drives me more mad than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The one thing that drives me mad more than most is when my team is in absolute control of the game, 20 or shots or so and haven't scored, then the opposition go up the other end and score with their first attempt... :mad:

That and last minute keeper fumbles in a 1-0 that lead to conceding a goal and dropping two points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

the words 'Minimum fee release clause' and 'the offer was too good to refuse' have caused me untold heartache this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Underground

The ungodly amount of injuries/suspensions in 11.3.
    It's fairly normal for me to be without 5-6 first team players on a matchday.
    Also,when my striker gets his 4th red card in 20 games, throws a strop and issues a transfer request after i fine him,even though i gave him 3 warnings! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Managing Finn Harps in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, biggest moments of the clubs career, 2nd qualifying round vs Zilina 500 show up to the 7500 Finn Park, beat them get Gotheberg 500 show up, beat them get Everton 500 show up (get a footballing lesson off the gits too for me troubles).

This is fúcking ridiculous, I wanted to get on the radio and in the papers and damnate the fans for acting the prick, 3500 show up for fecking St Pats in the league cup semi final, yet only 500 show up against Everton in the game that could see us enter the europa league groups stages? Such a load of cóck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Managing Finn Harps in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, biggest moments of the clubs career, 2nd qualifying round vs Zilina 500 show up to the 7500 Finn Park, beat them get Gotheberg 500 show up, beat them get Everton 500 show up (get a footballing lesson off the gits too for me troubles).

This is fúcking ridiculous, I wanted to get on the radio and in the papers and damnate the fans for acting the prick, 3500 show up for fecking St Pats in the league cup semi final, yet only 500 show up against Everton in the game that could see us enter the europa league groups stages? Such a load of cóck!

That could be because the stadium has only got 500 seats. Fans have to be seated for European games.

One thing that drives me mad is when my team dominate the first half and go 2 or 3 goals ahead only to switch of in the second half and concede 2 or 3 goals to drw or lose the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

That could be because the stadium has only got 500 seats. Fans have to be seated for European games.

One thing that drives me mad is when my team dominate the first half and go 2 or 3 goals ahead only to switch of in the second half and concede 2 or 3 goals to drw or lose the game.

Ah that would be it, forgot all about that, the bástardin board refuse to throw any more down either. Such potential for earnings there in Europe when your wage budget isnt even 8 grand a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

playing a very important game and the goals are flying in......your goal and there is 70 minutes left and your goalie is rated at 4:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Players that won't pull the bloody ball back across the box. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

This is one that I've only recently discovered....

The latest thing that's driving me demented is that I'm currently playing my game in Germany, but didn't select all of the divisions available. Dunno how many of ye have played the Bundesliga but, in Germany, the B team (reserves) play in the lower leagues... now this is where I went mad, my B team were relegated in my last season. Only noticed a few hours ago that none of my B team registered players were actually playing any games. At all.

So, for the past 4 months of the season (in February now), my B team players were just sat there, getting paid, losing fitness and getting fat... and now I've to schedule friendlies for them until the end of the season, only to have to repeat the same next season as my B team has faded into nothingness and will never return again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Slightly annoying thing with injuries, just after playing against Wigan and 3 of my players got injured, Manuel da Costa (My SD), Gareth McAuley (My CD) and Luis (My GK). But Keith Andrews (My CM) also got a slight injury, but I got the physio report. Luis is out for 6 days with a brusied rib, which in my eyes should be a slight injury, maybe not for a GK though. Da Costa fractured his wrist which is fair enough. But McAuley got a dead leg and is out for 3 days, a dead leg should be a light injury.

To make it slightly worse, Keith Andrews who got a slight injury in the game and played on, is out for 4 weeks with a pulled hamstring. How can Andrews play on with a pulled hamstring, but McAuley can't play on with a dead leg.

Oh and just for the curious ones, I had no sub GK on the bench was 1-0 down when he got injured in the 45th minute. Brought on my CD in goal and ended up drawing 1-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Minor arm injuries causing strikers to balloon every shot wide for the remainder of the game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

the amount of disallowed goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Signed a guy called Justice Wamfor for Aalesunds in Norway yesterday. 9 days after joining he injured his knee in training and he'll be out 8 months with tendonitis.

He's also my highest earner by 1k :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Own goals that are conceded by your player making a slide tackle in the box.
    Must have conceded about 10-12 over the course of 3 seasons, including 3 in one season by Joe Oastler! It's so annoying because you can see it coming miles away! Just f***ing clear it!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

When you cant agree a fee or terms with a player and then you see them sign with someone else for much less money than you were offering!!!!!????

I mean, what gives!

And why do they show the value of a player, only for the fee the club wants for them to be almost double!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I hate time wasting in the game, I wouldn't mind if it were 5-10 seconds (game time) but most of the time they spend 20-30 seconds just staring at the ball and never receive a card for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

When you draw against a poor team, after the match you look at the league table and see that you're one point off top (or promotion, Europe etc.....).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The pettiness of managers when they lose to you.

"What? We just lost 5-0 to that guy's team. Well, let me tell you something, he's out of his depth!"

"What? We just lost 5-0 to that guy's team. Well, let me tell you something, he's out of his depth!"

Still getting comments like this after winning the EPL 3 times in a row!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I remember Sam Allardyce telling me I wasn't cut out for the Tottenham job when I drew at Blackburn.

I took great pleasure in telling him he was a **** manager every time I beat him after that. Ofc I predicted every season he'd get them relegated too. Did cause a few rifts with my players as they didn't like the way I handled press conferences :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Allardyce is definitely the worse offender on my game. How I loathe that man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is so true. :p

They need to improve this aspect the most. Some of the reactions and media comments are absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭kksaints

More than one match ending injury in the first 15 mins of a match. Having to make two subs because of injury at that stage is very frustrating. Also when both of your keepers get injured or sent off in a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Kirby wrote: »
    This is so true. :p

They need to improve this aspect the most. Some of the reactions and media comments are absolutely crazy.

Yeah, the media comments are gone a bit strange recently in my game! I'm on a 5 game unbeaten run and midtable in Siere A and the media are always asking how we're going to get out of this poor form etc...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Yeah, the media comments are gone a bit strange recently in my game! I'm on a 5 game unbeaten run and midtable in Siere A and the media are always asking how we're going to get out of this poor form etc...

Or one week it's x good run continues and the next it week it's x bad run continues.

• Advertisement

Your assistant manager telling you in a report that a player has great P/A to be better than your best player in that position, but then tells you to listen to any offers in transfer speculation!

Advertisement