Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Finally Wenger retired and I got offered the Arsenal job which I rejected, Trap then retired after the Brazil WC a couple of weeks after Wenger so I went for the Ireland job, wanted to cap a few of the Rovers team I like, I got laughed at by the FAI saying I hadn't a hope to land the job and then gave it to Owen Coyle, surely if I am good enough for Arsenal I should get considered for the Irish job, fair enough giving it to a man with EPL experience but to be laughed at I was disgusted. I have my nationality as Irish etc so it's not that, I have a Cobtinental Reputation sane as Coyle.

Ok have a World Class record now, took over Man City who finished 11th in the league and won nothing in 2015 - Mancini got the boot. Chelsea and Liverpool who finished 2nd and 3rd and who's manager retired also offered me work. Win the league, cup and league cup in my first year with City, assembled a great team, got rid of a lot of Mancini's boys in their 30s for decent money and had a great league run mixed with the two cup successes. England under Stuart win the 2016 Euros and he quits on a high, I go for the role and again get laughed out the door by the FA they then hire Mancini to fill the role. Ok I wasn't English but he is Italian and he never won the league with Man City in this game. Again I was disgusted, Mancini had been Cheksea boss who finished 3rd behind me that year, once he got the English job Cheksea tried to snap me up again but I rejected, want to see this City project out then back th Shamrock Rovers again for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Mc Love wrote: »
    Having a complete nightmare of a 2nd season in the Premier Division, cant keep a clean sheet to save my life and the team throwing away leads!!

It's f*cking amazing what one solitary win can do.

First season in the Championship, I lost my first 7 games and was getting hockeyed week in week out.

One win at home to Preston and the whole thing turned around. Keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

EdenHazard wrote: »
    IMO without proper financial backers it should be impossible to achieve that in that period of time. I know Crawley have a sugar daddy but they don't have the infrastructure, financial muscle or population to create a club like that. To me that shows up how bad the AI is in the game. Think of all the clubs Crawley would have to compete with and catch up with to reach that level

Certainly the AI is far from perfect. But nevertheless, 13 years is a long time in football.

captureynd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fulham, City, Wigan, Stoke & Reading there, all now Premier clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's f*cking amazing what one solitary win can do.

First season in the Championship, I lost my first 7 games and was getting hockeyed week in week out.

One win at home to Preston and the whole thing turned around. Keep the faith!

Took me 8 league games for my first win!! Still not as good as last season, the whole table seems to have flipped upside down as Cork are below me in the league after winning it last season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

retalivity wrote: »
    Fulham, City, Wigan, Stoke & Reading there, all now Premier clubs.

Indeed. And Wigan and Reading have very much been lower division clubs until recent times. However, even if you accept that it is a little unlikely that Crawley could be European Champions I think it's fair to allow the programmers a little license to allow potential flights of fancy. It's all well and good striving for reality but they have to balance between achieving that and making the game fun to play. I'm guessing a lot of people would get fed up with a relentlessly difficult game. And besides, if you want more of a dose of reality you can take the LLM approach. You can chose how to play the game and what you want to get out of it.

Let's be honest, it can't be too realistic because no one that plays a football manager simulation could manage a real life professional club - even if a few delusional gamers think otherwise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pauvre Con wrote: »

Let's be honest, it can't be too realistic because no one that plays a football manager simulation could manage a real life professional club - even if a few delusional gamers think otherwise. :D

I could :D

You didnt say we had to do well :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I could :D

You didnt say we had to do well :pac:

Well you'd have to find a sucker to employ you for starters... :p

Staunton got a job :pac:

When Sunderland were looking for a manager a while back (after Keane I think) I sent in a CV with my Football Manager achievements on it. Shockingly, I didn't get a reply :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

When Sunderland were looking for a manager a while back (after Keane I think) I sent in a CV with my Football Manager achievements on it. Shockingly, I didn't get a reply :(

Reminds me of this:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/02/you-were-of-course-outstanding.html

Hats off to Steve Gibson, his good character shines through in this.

• Advertisement

Touche!

Yeah, but can you imagine how many applicants football clubs get from guys that have only played Champman/FM? I'm willing to bet it's quite a lot! Most are taking the piss but I bet some of 'em aren't! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Waterford United's stature in the game has fallen somewhat"

Aw **** off. I'm probably the first Irish team to get to the Champions League Group stages and to take a draw and a win in the process. I've also taken in 15 million in this campaign. :mad:
    We're worth 15 million. Rovers are worth 2.3 million and retain top spot.

How is that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Went to play FM11 yesterday and it wouldn't get past the loading screen for the main menu. Left it for about twenty minutes and still no progress. I'm fairly pissed off about it.

Carl Jenkinson :mad:

He's a free agent so I try and sign him. The agent tells me to make an offer so I do. He rejects it every time. He pretty much refused to tell me what he wanted. My last offer was £9k per week, by far the highest in my team. He then signed for a Swedish team so I checked his wage. £1.3k per week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

He's a free agent so I try and sign him. The agent tells me to make an offer so I do. He rejects it every time. He pretty much refused to tell me what he wanted. My last offer was £9k per week, by far the highest in my team. He then signed for a Swedish team so I checked his wage. £1.3k per week!

What I do with lower league clubs when trying to sign players who won't accept a contract is offer them a trial.
    Oddly enough if they accept that they sign a contract soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

+1 on that. drives me ape!

I have the meanest chairman ever!! Wont update/upgrade the facilities for senior or youth team. Wont go to pro status and wont open up my scouting range!

Drives me to drink!

I have the meanest chairman ever!! Wont update/upgrade the facilities for senior or youth team. Wont go to pro status and wont open up my scouting range!

Drives me to drink!

I used to get refused things. But now I have access to the line "After all I've done for this club by raising its profile, this is the least you could do for me."

Never fails. I do what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Drives me to drink!

I used to get refused things. But now I have access to the line "After all I've done for this club by raising its profile, this is the least you could do for me."

Never fails. I do what I want.

How many promotions did you have to get before that became ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

My chairman is my b*tch.

In fairness though, they had to give me a new stadium as every single home game is a sellout and as a Championship club we have a stadium smaller than Turner's Cross.

• Advertisement

My board are great. The only thing they won't give me is a feeder club. They always agree but never find any. Any upgrades etc they give me. Have 23 scouts I think along with no restrictions. Was only Europe when I joined but they agreed to expand every time I asked :D

Plus they just took in a lot of money from a transfer

My board refuse everything.Even though I've been promoted to League 1 and won the Johnstone Paint Trophy last year I'm still treated like dirt. No new stadium,no scouting range extension,no transfer money,no parent club and no new training or youth facilities.

Chavways wrote: »
    My board refuse everything.Even though I've been promoted to League 1 and won the Johnstone Paint Trophy last year I'm still treated like dirt. No new stadium,no scouting range extension,no transfer money,no parent club and no new training or youth facilities.

Sounds like another Pat O'Sullivan so! And theres no chance of him leaving or selling up as he loves the club!

Sounds like another Pat O'Sullivan so! And theres no chance of him leaving or selling up as he loves the club!

Maybe if I get promoted to the Championship he might cop onto himself and upgrade the 5000 seater stadium and maybe give me some money so my whole team doesn't consist of free agents.We have sellouts almost every match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Maybe if I get promoted to the Championship he might cop onto himself and upgrade the 5000 seater stadium and maybe give me some money so my whole team doesn't consist of free agents.We have sellouts almost every match.

Some chairmen can be awful when it comes to expanding/building stadiums.
    I was competing in serie A and europe with a 4500 stadium.
    Each week getting the news " sellout expected"

tumblr_m6au5fte4t1r1ogxd.png

How many promotions did you have to get before that became ?

I'm not sure, I only remember having it since I got into the Premier League (from League 2), but it could be there longer.

I'm pretty sure it's based on club reputation though, rather than promotions. So good cup runs and qualifying for Europe would help.

My current board are the opposite. They've recently decided to add an additional 3000 to the ground size even though the club's gates have never remotely been in danger of troubling the maximum capacity. I guess that what comes from having too much money in the bank. Our home matches just got more echoey....

Just asked to upgrade youth facilities and they are doing it at a cost of 1.5million euro! To say I was shocked is an understatement! I really didnt give a hoot about the youth facilities as I wanted to do the senior first!

• Advertisement

Trying to extend contract, offer the best deal the player can get at the club, agent says not interested.

Then I do the whole private conversation, saying I need to sell if you are not going to sign a new contract, player says yes I wont be signing new contract, so its better to sell me now.

Go to player info screen: Determined to prove his worth to the team???? Sign a f***ing contract then you knobhead!

Advertisement