Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

377283_10152095954270307_260475445_n.jpg

5 games in 10 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep had something similar happen me along with nine injuries and players playing on empty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mars Bar wrote: »

5 games in 10 days!!

This is exactly why I stopped playing LOI. I had a decent Shamrock Rovers game going in FM11 but this just annoyed me too much after a while. It never happens in the English leagues.

This is exactly why I stopped playing LOI. I had a decent Shamrock Rovers game going in FM11 but this just annoyed me too much after a while. It never happens in the English leagues.

I had 3 more games after that which were on every second day. The other teams in the league had 31 games played and I had 28 so I'm doing all the catching up now. Just as well I have the league won!

I had 3 more games after that which were on every second day. The other teams in the league had 31 games played and I had 28 so I'm doing all the catching up now. Just as well I have the league won!

Yeah I had the league won, but didnt want to lose any games as I was on an unbeaten run for the whole league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i remember my harps game, i played 5 games in 7 days at the end of the season, and for the last 2, most of my players were away on international duty. ridiculous AI.

Ive got this 18yo german wonderkid, been starting him in the early rounds of the cups and european games for over a year, got 9 goals last season in the cups, and a few so far this season.
    Subbed him on towards the end of a league game when i was 2-0 up, and he scored. Cue the commentator "His first senior goal, he'll remember it forever"
    Its his 14th goal for me.

retalivity wrote: »
    Ive got this 18yo german wonderkid, been starting him in the early rounds of the cups and european games for over a year, got 9 goals last season in the cups, and a few so far this season.
    Subbed him on towards the end of a league game when i was 2-0 up, and he scored. Cue the commentator "His first senior goal, he'll remember it forever"

Was he on a youth contract before that?

nope, ft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

retalivity wrote: »

First league goal. The game doesn't count cup goals or appearances in a player stats. If you click on a players history it is only league games/goals etc. that appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

5 games in 10 days!!

I can beat this. Playing with Chesterfield 03/04 i had 8 games in hand coming into late April so had to play 6 of my games in 8 days. My last week was Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

5 games in 10 days!!

I remember raising this issue on the official forums a couple of years ago when playing FM11. I was asked to post screenshots of my Cork City game so they could look into it which i did but when other people started posting about having similiar problems the thread was locked and the issue seemed to be ignored.

I remember raising this issue on the official forums a couple of years ago when playing FM11. I was asked to post screenshots of my Cork City game so they could look into it which i did but when other people started posting about having similiar problems the thread was locked and the issue seemed to be ignored.

It's unlikely they would just ignore it. Once they have evidence of the problem they'll go away and look at it. At that point FM12 was probably well under way, but hopefully they will have sorted it for FM13.

i won the first leg 7-0
    so in the second game... "were you worried when they pulled it back to 1-1?" no!
    "äre you thinking about dropping some of your players? "
    No they were all reserves and kids!!!

Your club is in the top 50 of best clubs by coefficients in Europe - yet its impossible to sign good players because your nation rep is only two stars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mc Love wrote: »
    Your club is in the top 50 of best clubs by coefficients in Europe - yet its impossible to sign good players because your nation rep is only two stars!!

That's pretty realistic though, isn't it?

Being in the top 50 clubs in Europe and having two stars for reputation?? I dont think so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Team repuation is the important thing when signing players though,co-efficent doesn't really mean much

Being in the top 50 clubs in Europe and having two stars for reputation?? I dont think so.

The club is top 50, the league is only 2 stars...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's the league thats the problem. I think my biggest signing in Ireland was Ravel Morrison from United, when he was released! Before then he was happy enough to play in the reserves than move to Ireland.

The league reputation does increase but you and the other teams have to do well in Europe first. It does happen, it just takes a while to get much of an increase.

• Advertisement

So I'd essentially have to manage 8 or 9 clubs in the IPD and get them profitable and successful on the pitch to bring up the league rep?

So I'd essentially have to manage 8 or 9 clubs in the IPD and get them profitable and successful on the pitch to bring up the league rep?

Nope, just the one but you have to hope the others can give good showings themselves. If they do crap while you do well, it'll take a hell of a lot longer than if they do decent enough as well as your own good showings. It would probably still happen eventually, just a lot longer of a wait.

dulpit wrote: »
    The club is top 50, the league is only 2 stars...

Oh so you cant be a three star team in a two star league? Is that how it works?
    Certainly makes sense. The league was upgraded recently to 2 and half stars and due to my team performing well in europe LOI got another Champions League spot as well as another Europa League spot!

Ya, nice one League of Ireland, way to support your teams competing in Europe.. :mad: 5 matches in 11 games, splendid. Looks like we may have to give up on the cup, the youths will be getting a run... Ah well, we're in the final of the League Cup (the game against City listed below was the semi)

49875648.png

Edit: Not really League of Ireland's fault, they're only responsible for the cup game against City and the one league game, but could have been a bit more sensible and supportive...

Bloody players think they are too big for the club - none of them will renew, so I am doing a sale of most of my top players now before I lose money/lose them on free contracts!

I have a player who is rubbish, he thinks he should be starting though. I promised I'd offload him in the last transfer window, offered him to clubs at 4K (like I said, he's rubbish) and nobody would take him. He's morale is through the floor, he wants away, but when I looked at his favoured personnel, I was listed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gronemeyer

FM related

When you're playing some mark no team and the game gives an error apres match meaning all unsaved is lost :(

Also hate finding the next South American superstar only to have send him home every couple of months because he can't adapt!

Bloody players think they are too big for the club - none of them will renew, so I am doing a sale of most of my top players now before I lose money/lose them on free contracts!

Me too. Me too...

dulpit wrote: »
    I have a player who is rubbish, he thinks he should be starting though. I promised I'd offload him in the last transfer window, offered him to clubs at 4K (like I said, he's rubbish) and nobody would take him. He's morale is through the floor, he wants away, but when I looked at his favoured personnel, I was listed :D

I got the same with Paddy Kenny. He missed training four or five times and even requested to be transfer listed so I agreed and offered him around. No takers. During the pre-season he comes crawling back and asks to be taken off the transfer list as he now wants to stay! Wonder if Europa League football had anything to do with that change of heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm rendering a huge video that will take 6 hours and I planned to play FM while it was doing it..... But the match animation is completely laggy so its unplayable. Aaaaargghhhhhhh.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement