Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just go 2D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You're winning by 1 goal going into extra time with an attacking formation.You decide to go defensive and put some more men behind the ball to get the win.You see the clock tick to the 93rd minute and you know it cant be good when the camera comes back to the action. Their keeper takes a short kick out and they shuffle up the field to score while your players stand like statues.

Ends a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Probably been said before but when you make changes and nothing happens as a result. I usually make my subs around the 70-80 minute range. If I'm chasing and not creating much, I'll do it earlier. Was 2-1 down last night and made three changes in the 65 minute. Not a single highlight followed for the rest of the game. No goals I can understand, but not even any chances for either team is a bit much. My changes seemed to just end the game there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably been said before but when you make changes and nothing happens as a result. I usually make my subs around the 70-80 minute range. If I'm chasing and not creating much, I'll do it earlier. Was 2-1 down last night and made three changes in the 65 minute. Not a single highlight followed for the rest of the game. No goals I can understand, but not even any chances for either team is a bit much. My changes seemed to just end the game there and then.

If you were 2-1 up there would have been 14 highlights in that time plus every second of injury time would be shown where the opposition finally score. The scorer would be a 31 year old defensive midfielder who's been at the club for 6 years and never scored before. He would heve blasted it in off the crossbar from 40 yards despite his long shot rating of 3. Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a minor arm injury should not cause strikers to start skying every chance that come to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

First league goal. The game doesn't count cup goals or appearances in a player stats. If you click on a players history it is only league games/goals etc. that appear.

Never liked the way that was done.

Even moreso nowadays where a top team getting to the latter stages of Europe and domestic cups has players playing nearly 60 games. If he misses a few league games it means its only counting half their games at times. Plus goals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Never liked the way that was done.

Even moreso nowadays where a top team getting to the latter stages of Europe and domestic cups has players playing nearly 60 games. If he misses a few league games it means its only counting half their games at times. Plus goals etc.

Highlight a year to see the full history for that season.

Best Eleven players have their full stats too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

One of my best defenders is in the last year in his contract. He was offered a contract from a Scottish team in the morning and agreed and signed it in the afternoon. I didn't get a chance to counter this as the game auto-simmed past this, so I was all like :mad:

Considering sticking him on the do nothing training regime, or maybe the do too much and injure himself one, but he's a good player and I need him as coverage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Following a successful 10 year spell at Real Madrid winning numerous CL and la liga I retired to the Irish national job, the players are crap, I know we're not good in real life but we're not that bad, and there aren't enough regens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dulpit wrote: »
    One of my best defenders is in the last year in his contract. He was offered a contract from a Scottish team in the morning and agreed and signed it in the afternoon. I didn't get a chance to counter this as the game auto-simmed past this, so I was all like :mad:

Considering sticking him on the do nothing training regime, or maybe the do too much and injure himself one, but he's a good player and I need him as coverage...

get drunk and start playing...he'll end up in the c*nts training regime in no time!

• Advertisement

im 1-0 down in a game, and my striker has done the square root of shag all, so i go to sub him. take him off, move players about a bit and confirm in the tactics screen.
    I come back out and play the game, but before the sub can happen, play continues and he scores a screamer!
    Right after celebrating his goal to get me back into the game, off he comes...and i cant do anything about it

retalivity wrote: »
    im 1-0 down in a game, and my striker has done the square root of shag all, so i go to sub him. take him off, move players about a bit and confirm in the tactics screen.
    I come back out and play the game, but before the sub can happen, play continues and he scores a screamer!
    Right after celebrating his goal to get me back into the game, off he comes...and i cant do anything about it

Happens to me a lot, very annoying... Maybe he knew he was going to be taken off and wanted to make his mark??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

dulpit wrote: »
    Happens to me a lot, very annoying... Maybe he knew he was going to be taken off and wanted to make his mark??

I've had it happen a few times too.

It's gotten to the point where if I'm having one of those games (you know the ones that you really should be walking the game but are somehow still level at 70 minutes) I strongly consider subbing my star striker, just to see if that will make him score.

I dont even have enough players to fill my bench for an FA cup match now. Four are injured but another eight are away on International duty! I thought games got moved if they clashed with Internationals?

EDIT: My center back playing at RB got injured after 2 minutes, meaning another CB ended up playing RB while a CM ended up at CB in his place. My other CB scored two own goals before my second choice keeper got injured meaning I had to make a second forced change after only 20 minutes! Ended up with five players out of position and a youth player making his debut. Poxy Stoke :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

retalivity wrote: »

thats been prevelant in alot of the recent FM games

pain in teh a$$

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It may not necessarily relate to FM - but not having a reserve team/league for the LOI is particularly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mc Love wrote: »
    It may not necessarily relate to FM - but not having a reserve team/league for the LOI is particularly annoying

Yeah, absolutely ridiculous. Think it's the same in Italy, if I remember correctly! Really difficult to keep the "squad players" at a decent level of match fitness. And players coming back from injury too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Not actually in the game FM exactly, but people are too quick to blame supposed bugs in the game on their lack of success.

Has anyone encountered an issue with changing the squad status of players?
    I was trying to change the squad status of a player who was listed as indispensible to squad rotation as he's a bit part player and I wanted to get his wage demands down.
    Anyway, once i tried to change it, i automatically set it to "no longer needed", and i cannot change it to anything else. I then also noticed that there were 4 other players with the same squad status which i couldn't change - first team players too. Now, 2 of those players wont renew they're contracts as they're pissed off with me Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?
    Im playing fm12.

Never had that happen to me before. Could be a bug - can you load up a previous save where the status was not "no longer needed"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Can someone explain this? Not called up for not being a regular for his club side, yet directly underneath it says he is an ever present this season. :confused:

fm13screenshot.png

No Glenn Whelan jokes please ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

From what it says he's not playing for his contracted club stoke but is getting games while at loan at boro where he has been ever present.....unless of course you're manager of boro and aren't playing him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

He's first choice for me. Still playing in the league with half of the Irish team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Managing in the MLS. After getting Wrexham out of the conference, I decided the budget was a bit restricitive so I thought I'd take the Vancouver Whitecaps job as it was offered. The squad rules are insane. Only 3 designated, only 10 internationals, only 6 academy players, it's too much, I'm cracking up. Steed ****ing Malbranque turned me down. For the love of God I'll take any other job.

Anyone else get notifications that a manager may leave another club, and it comes through all the time? I've been getting notes that Tony Gorman may leave Rockmount and Roddy Collins may leave Monaghan since I managed in Ireland first... Gets a bit tired...

Yeah its a really annoying news item!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

token101 wrote: »
    Managing in the MLS. After getting Wrexham out of the conference, I decided the budget was a bit restricitive so I thought I'd take the Vancouver Whitecaps job as it was offered. The squad rules are insane. Only 3 designated, only 10 internationals, only 6 academy players, it's too much, I'm cracking up. Steed ****ing Malbranque turned me down. For the love of God I'll take any other job.

They really are unable to implement the idea of designated players into the MLS. In reality players like Nesta were happy to move to 'new' clubs like Montreal while in FM this would never happen.

I had considered MLS as my next venture but after that I think I'll leave it be. Seems like too much of a headache. Plus, I have unfinished business in Russia and Indonesia, having failed in both counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I had considered MLS as my next venture but after that I think I'll leave it be. Seems like too much of a headache. Plus, I have unfinished business in Russia and Indonesia, having failed in both counties.

It's worth a go, the draft is really interesting. You can some unbelievably good young players. I've got an 18 year old striker, with phenomenal ratings, hopefully he'll bang in the goals.
    EdenHazard wrote: »
    They really are unable to implement the idea of designated players into the MLS. In reality players like Nesta were happy to move to 'new' clubs like Montreal while in FM this would never happen.

Well I just started a brand new game just to see if I could get the hang of the way the MLS works. Started with a December 2011 start date with Vancouver Whitecaps and got Guti and Hargreaves to come in June. I find the older free transfer lads are happy to come. They're the only ones though. You can get two top quality players, but it's difficult to get many other decent players. Even League 1 guys don't want to come even though you're tripling their salary sometimes. There's a couple of unreal Americans though, Brek Shea for FC Dallas being one, going to try get him in but I doubt it'll happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

The worst thing about the MLS is(or at least in previous games, don't have fm13) is that there are so many variables that it shows up the AI's squad building for what it is, rubbish. After about 3 years it really starts to suck.

Advertisement