Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    These Champions League registration rules are a pox. Why cant they be the same as England? Semi Final second leg away to Real Madrid and my bench consists of two goalkeepers and a striker due to unregistered, injury and suspension. Do it the same as England and I'm only missing four players from my whole squad!

I feel your pain i always end up in Europe with only 23 or 24 players cause there are always some "trained by club" players that i'll be forced to register but then they'll get loaned out as they just aren't good enough.

Thankfully i feel this is the last season where i'm having this issue as my first job when i start a game is blow first years transfer budget on young stars so now finally after 3 years or so they are starting to show huge promise and will be able to fill the role as despite being loaned out instantly they are still trained by club

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

These Champions League registration rules are a pox. Why cant they be the same as England? Semi Final second leg away to Real Madrid and my bench consists of two goalkeepers and a striker due to unregistered, injury and suspension. Do it the same as England and I'm only missing four players from my whole squad!

To be fair, that's UEFA rules, not FM. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yann M'Vila complaining about being fined a weeks wage. Here's an idea, don't get sent off twice in the first six games of the season and I won't fine you! Six yellows don't help his case either.
    dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair, that's UEFA rules, not FM. Right?

Yeah but it still sucks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yann M'Vila complaining about being fined a weeks wage. Here's an idea, don't get sent off twice in the first six games of the season and I won't fine you! Six yellows don't help his case either.

I fine players two weeks wages for getting straight red and they always accept it

Ali Touati, a free signing for the Youth team has revealed he is home-sick. I give him a leave of absense. When he came back:

Wednesday: Assured supporters his home-sickness was now gone.
    Friday: He is home-sick again.

Make up your fcuking mind!!!!

He was a free and is now worth £700k. Not as much as I'd have liked for someone I signed just to sell in future but I guess it'll have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

I haven't come across anything quite so crazy as all you other guys, but what drives me crazy is the amount of players who score against me, and the commentary line reading - 'That's his first ever goal for (insert club name)'!! Every version of CM, every season I'll have four to eight games where this happened!!

When you see Trn beside one of your best players and never knew about the transfer - I am raging!

He just got sent off again!!! Three reds and eleven yellows in 13 games :mad:

Third season to have him. First season was five yellows and no reds, second season was ten yellows and no reds. What the hell changed over the summer?

Have a look at the tactics for the position he plays in and reduce the tackling

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have a look at the tactics for the position he plays in and reduce the tackling

He alternates with Fellaini in the DM position. Fellaini has played 12 and only gotten three yellows. One game in the difference. M'Vila has a slightly higher Aggression, but is also rated as a better tackler, which I'd have thought would make him commit less fouls. Just seems random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

xwave7000 wrote: »
    I haven't come across anything quite so crazy as all you other guys, but what drives me crazy is the amount of players who score against me, and the commentary line reading - 'That's his first ever goal for (insert club name)'!! Every version of CM, every season I'll have four to eight games where this happened!!

I have noticed that quite a bit actually...

I dread seeing "[player x] has not scored in his last 5,919,800 minutes of football" You just know he'll score at least one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

I dread seeing "[player x] has not scored in his last 5,919,800 minutes of football" You just know he'll score at least one.

I remember in FM 09... Emile Heskey and Carlton Cole were the bane of my life in that regard. I swear they used to do it on purpose - twice the laptop almost got smashed in a rage...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Stupid UEFA rules that only allow seated attendance at games, my Waterford United stadium has an 8k capacity, but only 2k seated, so while I can draw 3500 to see us spank Shammrock Rovers I can only fit in 2k to see us get whooped by Barcelona :(

Plus since we dont ever fill the ground the board wont allow us to expand, or build a new stadium or anything like that.

kryogen wrote: »
    Stupid UEFA rules that only allow seated attendance at games, my Waterford United stadium has an 8k capacity, but only 2k seated, so while I can draw 3500 to see us spank Shammrock Rovers I can only fit in 2k to see us get whooped by Barcelona :(

Plus since we dont ever fill the ground the board wont allow us to expand, or build a new stadium or anything like that.

That really got on my nut too - just keep plugging away and improve your league standing which will increase your club rep and you will start to fill out the ground for league matches meaning they will eventually expand or build a new stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

kryogen wrote: »

I had 150 seats in Finn Park the first time I got into the champions league.
    150 people showed up to seem me draw with Bayern Munich.. There were probably more players and staff at the game than fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭talla10

Champions League regulations making it impossible to even pick Shamrock Rovers at the start of FM 2013.

Before a game is played i have to submit my squad which was previously submitted and i can only make 1 change but only have 1 player that has trained with the club but i need 4 to register!!! Anybody else fixed this problem??

talla10 wrote: »
    Champions League regulations making it impossible to even pick Shamrock Rovers at the start of FM 2013.

Before a game is played i have to submit my squad which was previously submitted and i can only make 1 change but only have 1 player that has trained with the club but i need 4 to register!!! Anybody else fixed this problem??

In 12 you can leave empty spaces instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭talla10

In 13 your squad MUST include 8 home grown players and 4 that have come up through your clubs youth structure you can have empty places once you fill that criteria. ... and I can't.

I'm the Spain manager so I go to a Real Madrid game with about eight Spanish players involved. Afterwards, the media are at a loss to explain my presence. Take a fcuking guess! :mad: I'm not Trap, I actually go to games. Dont pay much attention but I still go :pac:
    talla10 wrote: »
    In 13 your squad MUST include 8 home grown players and 4 that have come up through your clubs youth structure you can have empty places once you fill that criteria. ... and I can't.

Oh well then that sucks. Why change it? Nothing much wrong with that aspect the way it was :confused:

• Advertisement

Few issues which(by and large) have been there for years.

The engine.... so many problems with it and in 2013 it's unacceptable that we're still using a system that must be 5/6/7 years old?.

*Long shots- Players continuously hit them, even when you order them to 'work it into the box', its not even that they hit them, its when(could be a through ball on or winger free and he'll blast it from a mile out) and how far off target most of them go.

*How two players on your team can't move towards the ball at once
    Example and this runs into another problem. A ball was bouncing near my CB, without any player in sight he heads it mid air towards the goal, he moves towards it slowly meaning the keeper who was closer couldn't move and the opposition ended up scoring from it.
    The engine doesn't seem to let multiple players interact with play together in some circumstances.

*Players doing stupid unrealistic things
    From the last, the players do a lot of stupid stuff especially with a bouncing ball, lost count of the amount of times I've seen a player head a ball out of play when in real life there was scope to take it down and control it(considering there's no pressure on him) also they sometimes head it back towards your goal then stop as the ''active player'' icon seems to have moved to someone else.
    Wingers also running down the wing and they just hit a soft pass at the defender in front for no apparent reason usually just giving it away

Time wasted when the ball leaves play
    no apparent ball boys and they're ridic slow at retrieving it.

The whole engine needs to be wiped, it's basically the same since they changed to 2D, I'm actually curious to know would some of these stupid problems happen if I turned 3D off.

Getting away from the engine the games pretty solid.

They need to change the wage system though.
    Whenever you go for a player he always wants 3/4 times his current wage, you can shave a few k off but apparently buying someone like Zaha, offering him Prem' football and a slight increase isn't enough.... he wants about 4 times his wage or he won't sign.
    Makes no sense, same with a player unused and transfer listed. IRL they'd have to take a wage cut to get first team football.
    You can use the ''non-negotiable'' but they always reject.

I don't feel as though the AI/AI trades are subject to such increases.
    You're also subject to the ''wants 5k paid per week till contract ends'' but you're never allowed to ask the same.

Relegated/Transfer Listed players.
    You can NEVER get above your valuation for decent players but the AI always sells players a few million over.
    Even when they on list by request.
    Clubs who get relegated don't seem to be under any obligation to shift their better players at cost or below.... they'll still want to sell them for £10-15million

Clubs bidding to loan your players without funds
    This can get annoying, if playing in England you'll more often then not have to offer your reserves with 0% wage and no fee otherwise the loan will prob fall through

I won't buy next years unless they upgrade the engine..... it ruins what is otherwise a great inbetween experience.
    It's like watching a football game on the Megadrive.... needs to be upgraded with the times.

They need to change the wage system though.
    Whenever you go for a player he always wants 3/4 times his current wage, you can shave a few k off but apparently buying someone like Zaha, offering him Prem' football and a slight increase isn't enough.... he wants about 4 times his wage or he won't sign.
    Makes no sense, same with a player unused and transfer listed. IRL they'd have to take a wage cut to get first team football.
    You can use the ''non-negotiable'' but they always reject.

Unless they want £150,000 and you're offering £20, use the lock thing on wage but always start low. I've had a lot of players accept less than half of what they originally wanted by starting low, slowly increasing and then locking in something once we are relativly close in what I offer to what they want.
    Clubs who get relegated don't seem to be under any obligation to shift their better players at cost or below.... they'll still want to sell them for £10-15million
    Hit or miss. I tried to sign Fellaini, rated at £15m, they wanted £25m. They got relegated and accepted £12m.
    Clubs bidding to loan your players without funds
    This can get annoying, if playing in England you'll more often then not have to offer your reserves with 0% wage and no fee otherwise the loan will prob fall through
    They are probably crap players. Any decent players I can loan out no problem. It's only the crap that nobody wants. I agree someone should want them, but usually nobody wants your rejects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Paranoid1

I think fm13 is ****, no matter who I buy or what I do my team is crap, iv started playing fm12 again which is 10 times the game that fm13 is

They are probably crap players. Any decent players I can loan out no problem. It's only the crap that nobody wants. I agree someone should want them, but usually nobody wants your rejects.

I think you're misinterpreting that point.

I don't mean I'm not getting offers, I mean they make an offer.... I accept... then they can't finance the deal and it falls through.
    And they'll keep coming back offering when I put the player out again.

I've had lads on low enough wages that even Champ clubs couldn't meet though its generally L1 or below where you won't get a cent for loaning them out(unless they're wages are a few hundred)

I think you're misinterpreting that point.

I don't mean I'm not getting offers, I mean they make an offer.... I accept... then they can't finance the deal and it falls through.
    And they'll keep coming back offering when I put the player out again.

I've had lads on low enough wages that even Champ clubs couldn't meet though its generally L1 or below where you won't get a cent for loaning them out(unless they're wages are a few hundred)

I did indeed misunderstand. Think I've only had that happen once though. Usually I'm the one who cant afford the wages when I'm playing as lower league teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Paranoid1

Any tips for winning games, I could be Barcelona and lose at home to east sterling, that's how bad I am, I play classic mode, don't have the patience for that pointless crap in the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

My biggest problem with the game is the 35 year old centre backs who just happen to score their first ever goal for the club against you with a 30 yard volley to beat you 1-0 in the 92nd minute of a cup final. Drives me crazy.

"Team X are rumoured to be interested in the player" yet they NEVER make an offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

The amount of shots my team get off target..i seriously am struggling to iron this out..i can dominate through possession football but still only winning 1-0 or so due to them just shooting from nearly anywhere..quite annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

god dammit stop complaining about wanting a better deal, you are terrible and nobody wants to sign you and YOU ARE OUT OF CONTRACT.

sheesh

Advertisement