Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

anytime i do a group team talk thing if someone is angered or looks unhappy their mood never changes when i just talk to them then.

Kinda annoying as i might want to say one thing to most of the team but there could be a stand out star that deserves praise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭roosterman71

3 games in 3 days over Christmas

Hjrgfu2.jpg

No reason for it at all. Had no postponements or anything like it. Absolutely raging with this. Only saving grace is that all teams are playing. So a full set of league fixtures the 3 days after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That looks a little like the Bulgaria bug that saw you play twice on the one day. Fixture pileup seems to happen way too often.

In my game we were playing something like Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Sunday, Sunday..... three weeks later!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That looks a little like the Bulgaria bug that saw you play twice on the one day. Fixture pileup seems to happen way too often.

In my game we were playing something like Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Sunday, Sunday..... three weeks later!

yup noticed this happening me too, very annoying. had 4 in less than a week come up when i was playing last night by the 4th even my GK was getting tired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Buying a player and finalise things only to notice that he didnt get a work permit :( happened me twice already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Picked up Landon Donovan on a free last night. Signed him 6 months in advance and no mention of a work permit.
    After January 1st, I look to put him on the bench for a game and he has the "wp" beside his name. He needs close to a 1000 more days in England before he is eligible for a visa.

Signed him on a 3 year decent sized contract and now I'm stuck with him unless I can find a team to pawn him off to

And both of the players I signed would have been great for my team when I signed them, now they are just not good enough.

god dammit boardroom give me more physios!

In Exile wrote: »
    Picked up Landon Donovan on a free last night. Signed him 6 months in advance and no mention of a work permit.
    After January 1st, I look to put him on the bench for a game and he has the "wp" beside his name. He needs close to a 1000 more days in England before he is eligible for a visa.

Signed him on a 3 year decent sized contract and now I'm stuck with him unless I can find a team to pawn him off to
    What year are you in? He should qualify.

What year are you in? He should qualify.

It was only a new game I started. Think it was January 2014.

He has over a 1000 days left to accumulate before being eligible.

Only just signed, on $40k a week, won't go on loan because I signed him as a first team player. Won't talk to any clubs I offer him to and won't mutually terminate his contract!

Talk about a waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

In Exile wrote: »
    It was only a new game I started. Think it was January 2014.

He has over a 1000 days left to accumulate before being eligible.

Only just signed, on $40k a week, won't go on loan because I signed him as a first team player. Won't talk to any clubs I offer him to and won't mutually terminate his contract!

Talk about a waste of money

Why didnt you cancel the contract offer when the work permit failed? :confused:

Dempsey wrote: »

Signed him 6 months before the end of his contract. Maybe I missed it but at no point do I remember seeing a mail saying the WP was denied. And it would have been something I would have noticed because I was bringing over a bunch of South American kids so I was watching for WP emails

Offer him a new contract and the WP application should be restarted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Dempsey wrote: »
    Doesn't that happen automatically?

Reekwind wrote: »
    Doesn't that happen automatically?

Not if you have a feeder club for work permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Having to play a CB in goal for 80 minutes after your 1st team keeper gets injured, your sub keeper gets sent off and you've no more players available to come off the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Having to play a CB in goal for 80 minutes after your 1st team keeper gets injured, your sub keeper gets sent off and you've no more players available to come off the bench.

Heh, unlucky!

I, in all my years of playing FM have never ever had a keeper on the bench. I'd say once my keeper got injured and had to put a defender in goal, other than that, pretty reliable gk's.

aaronh007 wrote: »

You used all your subs in the first ten minutes?

Not if you have a feeder club for work permits.

Yeah it was really strange. 6 months after signing him I managed to offload him for free to Reading, they applied and got a WP for him

Yakult wrote: »
    Heh, unlucky!

I, in all my years of playing FM have never ever had a keeper on the bench. I'd say once my keeper got injured and had to put a defender in goal, other than that, pretty reliable gk's.

Wow never had a keeper on the bench? I suppose they rarely ever get injured sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wow never had a keeper on the bench? I suppose they rarely ever get injured sent off.

i know buckets of ppl who dont bother with GKs

im far too cautious for that!

Me too - I always have one on the bench, and try to have three in my squad

I never used to bother with a sub keeper but that all changed when I had to play a CB in goal and he conceded six in half an hour. Always one there now. He gets thrown on late every now and then if I'm comfortable, just to keep him happy and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have two very good keepers and I rotate them. Only been a couple of occasions where I haven't had a sub keeper on the bench.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have two very good keepers and I rotate them. Only been a couple of occasions where I haven't had a sub keeper on the bench.

I find that very hard to do! Had to sell a peach of a GK because I couldnt give him enough games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Tend not to have a GK on bench.

On Topic: When all your subs are used by teams injuring 3 of your players in the first half hour...

Or when you sign a gem of a player but he turns out to be constantly injured with no previosu record of injury.

G.K. wrote: »
    On Topic: When all your subs are used by teams injuring 3 of your players in the first half hour...

I know people always say that you need better training/physio/fitness coach or whatever. That might be an issue for some people i know but all to often everything is going great a minor injury (stubbed toe or flu every now and again) then boom 3 players injured in first half. start second half change of tactics to ensure they won't be to tired or anything and again you get an injury or two and no subs.

I dunno how many times this has ruined a good run in the season and cost me places at the end,

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Since the latest update my amount of injuries have gone through the roof!

Two games on the trot I had 3 players injured and 6 first team regulars out for more than 3 months in 5 games!

My pitch is in grand shape, I never play players at less than 95%, crazy altogether.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Never came across this one before, but it means I have to scrap the whole game I was playing and start a new one. Transfer deadline day at the start of season 3 and I've just had an offer accepted for a player. When I clicked on Offer Contract I'm told "You have made a transfer offer. A message will appear in your inbox when the offer has been accepted, rejected or negotiated". but because I must respond to offer the contract I'm stuck in a loop and can't move the game on at all. Of course if the game hadn't just saved straight after the offer was accepted I could at least have scrapped the last month and gone back to the previous auto-save, which at least would have given me a second chance to avoid getting knocked out just before the Champions League group stage. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭kksaints

Zaph wrote: »
    Never came across this one before, but it means I have to scrap the whole game I was playing and start a new one. Transfer deadline day at the start of season 3 and I've just had an offer accepted for a player. When I clicked on Offer Contract I'm told "You have made a transfer offer. A message will appear in your inbox when the offer has been accepted, rejected or negotiated". but because I must respond to offer the contract I'm stuck in a loop and can't move the game on at all. Of course if the game hadn't just saved straight after the offer was accepted I could at least have scrapped the last month and gone back to the previous auto-save, which at least would have given me a second chance to avoid getting knocked out just before the Champions League group stage. :mad:

Have you tried going on holiday for 1 day? I used to have an issue with homegrown players for euro cups and going on holiday and skipping that day seemed to work.

Advertisement