Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Never thought of that. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gnfnrhead wrote: »

You used all your subs in the first ten minutes?

I currently only have 10 first team players, 2 reserve players and no youth team. Having an actual sub bench would be a luxury :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I currently only have 10 first team players, 2 reserve players and no youth team. Having an actual sub bench would be a luxury :(

Where are you playing? Most countries require a minimum of 15 players to be submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Zaph wrote: »
    Never came across this one before, but it means I have to scrap the whole game I was playing and start a new one. Transfer deadline day at the start of season 3 and I've just had an offer accepted for a player. When I clicked on Offer Contract I'm told "You have made a transfer offer. A message will appear in your inbox when the offer has been accepted, rejected or negotiated". but because I must respond to offer the contract I'm stuck in a loop and can't move the game on at all. Of course if the game hadn't just saved straight after the offer was accepted I could at least have scrapped the last month and gone back to the previous auto-save, which at least would have given me a second chance to avoid getting knocked out just before the Champions League group stage. :mad:

this happened to me, but i was 15-18 years into the game. Nothing I could do but kill the game and restart from the previous save. lost about 2 weeks. When i got to the point of trying to buy the same player again i had no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Where are you playing? Most countries require a minimum of 15 players to be submitted.

I'm in Singapore at the moment. Oh I have players on the bench, but they're blacked out. They're there in name only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kksaints wrote: »
    Have you tried going on holiday for 1 day? I used to have an issue with homegrown players for euro cups and going on holiday and skipping that day seemed to work.

That worked. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I've just beaten real Madrid 3-1 in the champions league final with Celtic.I walk back to the dressing room exhilerated.I look around the room at the big smiles and joy.The assistant manager mjallby pulls me aside and whispers "tell the team that their performance just wasn't good enough".He'll be gone tomorrow that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

It wasn't you shouldn't have conceded a goal and you should have won by more than 3, he's ambitious and will drive the squad on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

Had a long FM12 save with Shamrock Rovers, basically had to sign 17 year olds from Australia, Ukraine, Nigeria, etc and make them into world class players because nobody would sign for a team in such an awful league as good as we were. This didn't really bother me because I like looking for youth players to bring in but the chairman thought it would be best to sell all of our players when they were around 22 for 1/6 of their future value. Used to drive me crazy, knowing some of these guys would go on to captain Champions League winning teams and our chairman decided 3mil was too good to turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Happens all the time when your a LOI manager, I developed so many players and while they were still young, only 20-22, but it was clear they were gonna be class someone would come in and bid an unbelievable 4million or so for them and my chairmen would accept on my behalf. Headwrecking alright, over time you can get more for these players but they will always leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Receiving news stories with wildly conflicting points-of-view about your club under/over achieving.

With Vauxhall I'm outsiders in just about every single game I play, and yet in the playoff positions I'm referred to as underachieving. This is despite being predicted to finish last!

I think it's something to do with telling the board I expected to challenge for the title, but it's pretty annoying regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

elefant wrote: »
    Receiving news stories with wildly conflicting points-of-view about your club under/over achieving.

With Vauxhall I'm outsiders in just about every single game I play, and yet in the playoff positions I'm referred to as underachieving. This is despite being predicted to finish last!

I think it's something to do with telling the board I expected to challenge for the title, but it's pretty annoying regardless.

You can't really complain, seeing as you flat-out lied to the board about your expectations :P

Always pick the lowest option they give you. It makes them thrilled when you exceed it and reduces the chances of being sacked if you dont meet your aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

theRB wrote: »
    You can't really complain, seeing as you flat-out lied to the board about your expectations :P

Well I'm expecting promotion, and I'm 5 points off top!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Messi being out for 5 months & other clubs trying to shaft me, got a quote of 80 million for Aguero :P

I really have to post up my Pompey team here. We should be challenging for a European place but for some reason we're battling relegation (well up to 10th now) but for the first 3/4 months I was only on 9 points while the leaders where on 33 and the likes.

My keeper is Henderson who is the Irish number 1 and is battling for a place with a 19 year old regen who shouldn't be leaking as many goals as he does

I have Clarke, Toure, Jagelkia, Clovis, van der borre and felipe mattioni in defense

Alex, McClean, Clifford and a few really good regens in the mid

Adabayore, Saviola, Djibril Cissé and 2 regens up front.

I'm only in 2014 at the mo, so the majority of my team is still not young but experience mixed with youth.

I had a game last night where within 4 minutes from the start I was down 0-2 by half time I had pulled back to 2-2 and by the 70th minute was winning 3-2.

Then in the 91st minute Bolton somehow score 2 and win 3-5.

This happens in pretty much every game, the players are all fit, there morale is through the roof. They have a high incentive to finish well in the league, cup and continent.

Yet whenever I play a Europa league match I destroy the other teams i'm currently second in my group trailing on goal difference,

How do I fix my Jekyll and Hyde team?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

allanb49 wrote: »
    I really have to post up my Pompey team here. We should be challenging for a European place but for some reason we're battling relegation (well up to 10th now) but for the first 3/4 months I was only on 9 points while the leaders where on 33 and the likes.

My keeper is Henderson who is the Irish number 1 and is battling for a place with a 19 year old regen who shouldn't be leaking as many goals as he does

I have Clarke, Toure, Jagelkia, Clovis, van der borre and felipe mattioni in defense

Alex, McClean, Clifford and a few really good regens in the mid

Adabayore, Saviola, Djibril Cissé and 2 regens up front.

I'm only in 2014 at the mo, so the majority of my team is still not young but experience mixed with youth.

I had a game last night where within 4 minutes from the start I was down 0-2 by half time I had pulled back to 2-2 and by the 70th minute was winning 3-2.

Then in the 91st minute Bolton somehow score 2 and win 3-5.

This happens in pretty much every game, the players are all fit, there morale is through the roof. They have a high incentive to finish well in the league, cup and continent.

Yet whenever I play a Europa league match I destroy the other teams i'm currently second in my group trailing on goal difference,

How do I fix my Jekyll and Hyde team?

So the problem is not
    • the players
    • fitness
    • incentives
    • lack of experience
    • lack of youth

It must be the manager so. :P

hmmm must fire that prick. :P

It's a weird one. I think it could be they haven't fully gelled yet but shouldn't take 3/4 months for that.

I've gotten Pompey up in there first season with being unable to sign players and having no money. so the tactics and players where fine.

I'm constantly having games where 18-24 shots 12 on target and maybe scoring 1 goal where the away team will have 2 shots on target and score both.

Maybe it's just luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So many different possible reasons for why you are failing

A question first though, how did you take Pompey from the doldrums to the Europa league by 2014, and where did you get the money to sign the calibre of players you have?

I'm still playing fm 2012 so the pompey team in that is from 2011 and not completely shíte. I had some good youth players and managed to sign some good free players.

When I got up to the premiere league in the first season I got a decent run in the cup and all the big teams met each other instead of me while I drew teams from the lower leagues. think it's on youtube I got either man utd or Liverpool and won to get to the final. (only put it on youtube to get the achievement of uploading a video there)

In the first season I signed Adebayour on loan for the season and he worked out a charm, when he went back he was released and snapped him up. Most of the players where free.

With the winnings and the money from the first season in the PL I actually got to buy my first load of players and brought in Alex who was 29/30 for about 7.8 million and a Mattoni for 3.5 the rest where mostly free's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'm constantly having games where 18-24 shots 12 on target and maybe scoring 1 goal where the away team will have 2 shots on target and score both.

Maybe it's just luck.
    If you're consistently conceding and not scoring then I wouldn't call it luck. New teams do take a few months to gel but based on what you've said above, I'd point the finger at the tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I've just beaten real Madrid 3-1 in the champions league final with Celtic.I walk back to the dressing room exhilerated.I look around the room at the big smiles and joy.The assistant manager mjallby pulls me aside and whispers "tell the team that their performance just wasn't good enough".He'll be gone tomorrow that's for sure.

:mad:

That's just so annoying. How in a game where winning trophies is everything have they not improved the whole winning trophy experience thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

What is really beginning to annoy me is wage demands.

I'm sick of going up against another team for a player to find he is demanding nearly twice as much off me as the other team.

Same with wage demands of my current squad. Any time I look to offer them a new contract, the increase they want is just ridiculous. I had Sandro with Spurs, on 33k a week. Looks for an increase and demands 95k. I say no, he demands a transfer and I sell him. He ends up signing a contract with someone else on wages of 40k.

It just seems that no matter who the player or what there ranking is with their currect club, They want stupid increases in their wages to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In Exile wrote: »
    What is really beginning to annoy me is wage demands.

I'm sick of going up against another team for a player to find he is demanding nearly twice as much off me as the other team.

Same with wage demands of my current squad. Any time I look to offer them a new contract, the increase they want is just ridiculous. I had Sandro with Spurs, on 33k a week. Looks for an increase and demands 95k. I say no, he demands a transfer and I sell him. He ends up signing a contract with someone else on wages of 40k.

It just seems that no matter who the player or what there ranking is with their currect club, They want stupid increases in their wages to move.

I normally offer my own players a grand more than what they are on and work up from their in increments and they usually accept a much lower offer than they first asked for.

One thing that annoys me is the price of mediocre british players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Mc Love wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me is the price of mediocre british players.

Can't say it's not realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is a lack of good british players too at the moment, and a lot of good chinese players. It seems to come in cycles, a few years ago (in game) all the good players were coming from Belgium!

In my QPR game my top striker was on something like £35,000 a week when he made Messi his bitch with the amount he scored. He asked for a new contract so I was thinking he was easily worth a pay rise. He wanted £190,000 a week!!! I offered 50, he dropped to 90, I offered 60 before he suggested 70 which was accepted. Cheeky fecker :pac:

Problem in my current game is I cant afford more than £2,000 a week :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had a game where I was trying to get Lukaku off Dortmund. They had an asking price of 55m. Offered far less, and worked it up and up, but refused to pay the full amount. Eventually I gave up...and two days later, Liverpool sign him for 20m :mad: He's gone on to be the league's top scorer twice in a row :(

On the upside, I bought two Argentine strikers instead, one for 10m and one from Real Madrid for 20m despite being valued at 25m. Both were 20 years old, both regens, and they both have become mini-Messi's for me :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Had a game where I was trying to get Lukaku off Dortmund. They had an asking price of 55m. Offered far less, and worked it up and up, but refused to pay the full amount. Eventually I gave up...and two days later, Liverpool sign him for 20m :mad: He's gone on to be the league's top scorer twice in a row :(

I tried to sign a wonder kid from Brazil and they wanted 80m, I even offered 55m and they still wouldn't budge. 3 days after my last bid he signs with Barca for 28m. Really p'eed me off :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yakult wrote: »
    I tried to sign a wonder kid from Brazil and they wanted 80m, I even offered 55m and they still wouldn't budge. 3 days after my last bid he signs with Barca for 28m. Really p'eed me off :o

I'd be hopping things off the wall.

Advertisement