Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yakult wrote: »
    I tried to sign a wonder kid from Brazil and they wanted 80m, I even offered 55m and they still wouldn't budge. 3 days after my last bid he signs with Barca for 28m. Really p'eed me off :o

Obviously the player indicated that he would like to leave for Barcelona and not your club. What level of interest did the player have in joining your club?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dempsey wrote: »
    Obviously the player indicated that he would like to leave for Barcelona and not your club. What level of interest did the player have in joining your club?

Very interested. Said a move to Liverpool would not be one to turn down. Didnt even notice Barca sniffing around or anything, next thing I know he was signed! All part and parcel of the game, got over it :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Argh, happened again.

Offer 40m for a player. Club rejects it. Get reports the player is unhappy. Offer 40m again. Club accept.

Real, United and Chelsea all come in with offers of 30m. I even offer the player the biggest salary in the club of 130k a week, but he goes to Real. Though at least they offered him 190k a week. Just frustrating to lose such a great player like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Argh, happened again.

Offer 40m for a player. Club rejects it. Get reports the player is unhappy. Offer 40m again. Club accept.

Real, United and Chelsea all come in with offers of 30m. I even offer the player the biggest salary in the club of 130k a week, but he goes to Real. Though at least they offered him 190k a week. Just frustrating to lose such a great player like that :(

tbf that is the one time that doesnt drive me mad as it's realistic. Real offered more wages. Usually what happens me is the player goes somewhere else for less wages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Yeah, if the biggest club in the world offers him 60k more than you are then there's little mystery as to why he'd pick them

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, fully accept it's realistic. Just annoying :(

EDIT: Something else that drives me nuts; every few months for the last 8 years, I've got a message saying a member of my staff has failed their coaching qualifications thingy. When will he just give the **** up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I bloody hate when you go to the "instructions" menu during a match and just as you click the screen goes to split view and nothing happens :mad:

Also
    "we'll have 2 minutes of added time"

8 minutes later the other team gets the winner :mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I play 4-4-2 pretty much all the time. So how the fcuk can my midfield be constantly overrun regardless of what tactics the opposition are playing? I've seen this coming up during matches even playing against 4-1-2-1-2. :confused:

Zaph wrote: »
    I play 4-4-2 pretty much all the time. So how the fcuk can my midfield be constantly overrun regardless of what tactics the opposition are playing? I've seen this coming up during matches even playing against 4-1-2-1-2. :confused:

yes, I get that too, annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Zaph wrote: »
    At the risk of being 'that guy', what exactly is unrealistic about that? There should be nothing surprising about 4-4-2 being overrun in midfield. That's what's you get when you have only two central midfielders

To put this in perspective, the team playing 4-1-2-1-2 will have 3-4 players in that central midfield zone versus your two MCs. Your wingers are isolated and the opposition boss the midfield

If it's constantly happening then I'd suggest switching to some form of 4-5-1. Which is what most modern teams do

• Advertisement

Getting them to play wider tends to help with that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I laugh at your 4-4-2! :pac:

My two formations are (first choice) 4-1-1-2wide-2 and (second choice) 4-1-2-3. Dont recall being over-run too often and create a lot of chances. Finishing is my problem despite scoring a lot. If every shot on target resulted in a goal, I'd be winning by about 15 every week. If every attempt was on target and a goal it's be at least 20 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I laugh at your 4-4-2! :pac:

My two formations are (first choice) 4-1-1-2wide-2 and (second choice) 4-1-2-3. Dont recall being over-run too often and create a lot of chances. Finishing is my problem despite scoring a lot. If every shot on target resulted in a goal, I'd be winning by about 15 every week. If every attempt was on target and a goal it's be at least 20 every week.

and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Reekwind wrote: »
    If it's constantly happening then I'd suggest switching to some form of 4-5-1. Which is what most modern teams do

I'm old school. :D Besides, my two main strikers scored 55 goals between them last season, there's no way I'm not playing both. I do pretty OK with 4-4-2, so it's not that I'm losing many matches because of it, it's just annoying seeing it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've a weird issue where my Formation familiarity doesn't change.

It just stays at ackward... :confused:.

I've been training in tactics but it does nothing.

blobby360 wrote: »

Have you had your General Training intensity high? Weird that it isnt getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

blobby360 wrote: »

Do you have a high squad turnover?

What is your match preparation.

Are you constantly adjusting the tactic?

Jose Torres scored 47 in his first season but has now been sulking all year about wanting to move to a bigger club and has only managed 5 at the half way point. Donadell isnt as prolific, he only got 12 last season and is also on 5 this season and he has just decided he wants to move to a bigger club. These two fuckers were unemployed when I took a chance on them! Show some loyalty.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Jose Torres scored 47 in his first season but has now been sulking all year about wanting to move to a bigger club and has only managed 5 at the half way point. Donadell isnt as prolific, he only got 12 last season and is also on 5 this season and he has just decided he wants to move to a bigger club. These two fuckers were unemployed when I took a chance on them! Show some loyalty.

Torres was also out of contract at the end of the season and isnt interested in renewing. Following this post he went and scored 10 in the next 8 games before signing with a club in Argentina who have literally never won a trophy. As best I can judge it's a sideways move at best, at least I've won trophies! So much for wanting to move to a bigger club.

*Player demands a move*

Organised a move

*Player demands money to move*

:mad:

• Advertisement

*Player demands a move*

Organised a move

*Player wants to stay*

Fyp :mad:

A good one tonight!

Man City's Falcao goes down injured just outside the box after I regain possession, so Skrtel being the good guy he is, decides to go clear the ball to touch and next thing I know Pastore (Citeh player) is sprinting to keep it in and he actually stops it from going out, getting a scoring chance only for it to be saved!

He clearly didn't like Falcao and wanted him to suffer while he got his glory, which failed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Was doing everything in my power to sign Messi (just for shíts and giggles), but as the transfer went on for longer, I became more stubborn and determined to get him. Barcelona accepted an offer of £75,000,000 for him.

Then contract negotiations.

It was eventually becoming silly money. I finally gave up in disgust after he rejected wages of £600,000 per week and a signing on fee of something in the region of £10,000,000. I couldn't believe it. I was actually so pissed off over it, even though it started out as me just wanting to make a big, marquee signing for the club.

In the end, I "panic-bought" another big name, marquee signing shortly after I told Messi to go fúck himself. Neymar, for £55,000,000 on £150,000 per week... and he's been banging them in left, right and centre. Much better buy for me, methinks!

Another one today...

*Sells 22 year old player for 10m*

*6 months pass*

*Scouting report; Why not buy the player again? He might be available for 40-50m*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Press conferences. Not against the idea just think they could be executed better.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Was doing everything in my power to sign Messi (just for shíts and giggles), but as the transfer went on for longer, I became more stubborn and determined to get him. Barcelona accepted an offer of £75,000,000 for him.

Then contract negotiations.

It was eventually becoming silly money. I finally gave up in disgust after he rejected wages of £600,000 per week and a signing on fee of something in the region of £10,000,000. I couldn't believe it. I was actually so pissed off over it, even though it started out as me just wanting to make a big, marquee signing for the club.

In the end, I "panic-bought" another big name, marquee signing shortly after I told Messi to go fúck himself. Neymar, for £55,000,000 on £150,000 per week... and he's been banging them in left, right and centre. Much better buy for me, methinks!

Neymar is a goal junkie in my game,every time he touches the ball he scores.Never sulks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

England 4th in the world and yes you have guessed it, a completely unproven manager given the job with no managerial experience and stats that wouldnt cut it in the BSP :D

Maybe the FA have run out of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

International call-ups :mad:

Top goalscorer just back from injury after 3 months on the sidelines. Immediately called up to U20 international side when not fully fit and injures himself again.

Playing cup final (FAT - started at the bottom) and two of my players, GK and DR called up to their respective international youth squads (friendly and qualification). DR is "unhappy" at being withdrawn from a poxy friendly. It's a friggin CUP FINAL FFS:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

One of my best centre halves, the club captain, one of the best players I've got. His contract is up in 6 months.

The board will not allow a weekly wage above a certain point. His wage request is 10k above this limit. So I carve a couple of years off the contract and up his signing-on fee, throw a few clauses in to sweeten it.

He rejects it.

I go to the board to request additional wage funds and maybe up the limit so he'll sign on (other players at the club are on much higher wages than he is). They refuse.

I try and try and try to get him to sign. Nothing. Nothing. Rejected.

I'm pure disgusted at this. I won't even be able to sell him now really, because I'll get nothing for him as he's out of contract in 6 months and he won't sign a new contract.

I put him on the transfer list anyway. Apparently, he's "upset" at being transfer listed.

WELL SIGN A NEW FÚCKING CONTRACT YOU HUNGRY, GREEDY WÁNKER!

• Advertisement

If they changed it for 13, ignore this post. Otherwise, the contracts need to be more flexible. A lot of them refuse to budge no matter what bonus's are offered, making them almost pointless. Renewals especially need to be more flexible.

Another one is when they tell you to make them an offer. A lot of the time they just break off talks without even telling you what they want instead.

Advertisement