Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

When you say you are not interested in a player at a presser and the conference ends even though theres loads of journo's at it and that was only the second question!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mc Love wrote: »
    When you say you are not interested in a player at a presser and the conference ends even though theres loads of journo's at it and that was only the second question!?

Along those same lines, I hate when say, as Spurs, I play Chelsea and Arsenal multiple times over the season (often have met them several times due to cups and such), and it's the same 7 questions in the same order every time. No, he's no stranger to these types of game. Yes, I do hope to thrive on it. Yes, it is important to keep eleven men on the pitch.

Along those same lines, I hate when say, as Spurs, I play Chelsea and Arsenal multiple times over the season (often have met them several times due to cups and such), and it's the same 7 questions in the same order every time. No, he's no stranger to these types of game. Yes, I do hope to thrive on it. Yes, it is important to keep eleven men on the pitch.

Haha after 30 seasons it does become quite tedious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'm amazed that anyone here actually attends press conferences :eek:

I probably shouldnt but I always think its some kind of importance in the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Half the time I dont even go to the new job one.

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'm amazed that anyone here actually attends press conferences :eek:

As an experiment of sorts, in my last run season I went to none. Came sixth in the league, won the CL, finals of the FA Cup and League cup.

This season, I've done them all. Top of the league by 12 points with 10 games to go, out of the FA and League cup early (but both times to Arsenal who are the best team in the world currently) and on track to CL finals.

At least in the league, it seemed to make quite a difference...

EDIT: Though with that said, I also fired half my staff and upgraded them drastically over the summer too...

I only go to the ones where the teams are in the top half of the league and also to the Champions League ones. Barely go to any of the league cup ones bar the semi and finals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I go to them when it suits me, sometimes (most of the time) I simply cant be arsed, but now and then I like to have treat the journos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Whenever we've lost a big game and I know the fans match confidence will be "poor" or "very poor" I just send my assistant to take the blame.

I'm too distraught to face the media ;)

• Advertisement

Wins the Charity Shield 3-1 against United. Beats Chelsea 3-1 in first game of season. Make a load of transfers in and out.

Game crashes.

:(

Usually what kills my interest in a game. Only set back a week, but it was a busy week...

Wins the Charity Shield 3-1 against United. Beats Chelsea 3-1 in first game of season. Make a load of transfers in and out.

Game crashes.

:(

Usually what kills my interest in a game. Only set back a week, but it was a busy week...

Autosave every day. ;)

Oddly, I cant remember the last crash on autosave every day.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Whenever we've lost a big game and I know the fans match confidence will be "poor" or "very poor" I just send my assistant to take the blame.

I'm too distraught to face the media ;)

Nah I go and give the players a few choice words! Such is my anger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

IN FM12, when you have a private chat with a player, has anyone ever actually had the option to ask them to lower their wage demands?
    I always see it there greyed out, and even after offering players the max I can and asked the board for more of a wage budget, I still cannot ask the player to lower their demands. Why put the option there is its never going to be used?

Curious about that too. The amount of times I've wanted older players to stay but at reduced wages in line with their ability...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

DazMarz wrote: »
    One of my best centre halves, the club captain, one of the best players I've got. His contract is up in 6 months.

The board will not allow a weekly wage above a certain point. His wage request is 10k above this limit. So I carve a couple of years off the contract and up his signing-on fee, throw a few clauses in to sweeten it.

He rejects it.

I go to the board to request additional wage funds and maybe up the limit so he'll sign on (other players at the club are on much higher wages than he is). They refuse.

I try and try and try to get him to sign. Nothing. Nothing. Rejected.

I'm pure disgusted at this. I won't even be able to sell him now really, because I'll get nothing for him as he's out of contract in 6 months and he won't sign a new contract.

I put him on the transfer list anyway. Apparently, he's "upset" at being transfer listed.

WELL SIGN A NEW FÚCKING CONTRACT YOU HUNGRY, GREEDY WÁNKER!

Amazingly, managed to flog the fúcker! Got a good price too. And for that money I managed to sign a 23 year old like-for-like replacement... for half the wages and he's obviously going to last a lot longer now.

Promoted one of the central midfield stalwarts to captain.

All rosy and wonderful again, right?

No... now some of the players are "upset" at the guy being sold.

For Jaysus sake, he was going to up sticks and leave in 6 months' time anyway, so what the hell do you all care? Get over yourselves.

I've gone the Sir Alex route in that no player is bigger than the club, and it's my way or the highway. If you don't want to stay at the club, there's a litany of younger, hungrier and frankly better players out there who will take your place if you continue to wave your mickey at me screaming for higher wages. Pack your fúcking bags, sunshine. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, because I don't want fúcking ass-prints on my door!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I can imagine you giving the finger to your laptop as he was transferred out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

whats the story with 17 year old youth players lookin for 1500quid a week

offer them 700 and they refuse

so i release them

they now are a season without a team!!

greedy bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Sitting 12th in the league with sunderland 3 points from 6th spot mid season, capital cup semi final, euro cup knockout stage. Sacked :confused:

Sitting 12th in the league with sunderland 3 points from 6th spot mid season, capital cup semi final, euro cup knockout stage. Sacked :confused:

What were your expectations that you told the board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What were your expectations that you told the board?

Mid table finish. The board are a strange bunch. Wouldn't sanction a pre season friendly against cork as its too far to travel then announce a training camp in america

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

I've brought Bradford from League 2 to the mid table in the Premier League.

Attendances have only risen to an average of 22k per week.

As a result my ticket prices are £23 and season tickets are £270. I'm now in the situation where my salary per annum is £12.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ok?

Why does that drive you demented?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

kryogen wrote: »
    Ok?

Why does that drive you demented?

maybe, its just to drive us demented? :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

In npower Championship now and looking for a decent centre half on loan for my squad. Found one at Celtic, offer accepted.

No luck, usual bullsh1t...player has no intention of joining my club on loan.

Couple days later agrees loan deal with Shamrock Rovers...WTF??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    In npower Championship now and looking for a decent centre half on loan for my squad. Found one at Celtic, offer accepted.

No luck, usual bullsh1t...player has no intention of joining my club on loan.

Couple days later agrees loan deal with Shamrock Rovers...WTF??:mad:

You failed to mention your club

Dempsey wrote: »
    You failed to mention your club
    Dartford, up from Conference South in 10 years. Yeah I know their club rep won't be great but surely league reputation has to count for more.

Championship >>>>> LOI Premier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Madworld wrote: »
    I've brought Bradford from League 2 to the mid table in the Premier League.

Attendances have only risen to an average of 22k per week.

As a result my ticket prices are £23 and season tickets are £270. I'm now in the situation where my salary per annum is £12.5m
    I hate to jump on the bandwagon but sometimes I just love Wikipedia:

File:Valley_Parade_attendances.PNG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Dartford, up from Conference South in 10 years. Yeah I know their club rep won't be great but surely league reputation has to count for more.

Championship >>>>> LOI Premier

Depends. Rovers (or other Irish clubs) may have done stuff in Europe in the intervening years, changing the league and team reputations. The player could be Irish or in particular ex-Rovers and thus opted to join them instead.

• Advertisement

Depends. Rovers (or other Irish clubs) may have done stuff in Europe in the intervening years, changing the league and team reputations. The player could be Irish or in particular ex-Rovers and thus opted to join them instead.
    Player was Swedish, with no previous connections to Rovers.

Now I was going to say no Irish club had made an impact in Europe for the last 10 years of my game...and up to now I'd have been right. But what do you know Shamrock Rovers have only gone and made the group stages of the Champions League! :o

Advertisement