Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does this forum count?

have FM on my "my forum" dropdown and see the * and think of new posts but nope its all in the sub forum...

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

danniemcq wrote: »
    Does this forum count?

have FM on my "my forum" dropdown and see the * and think of new posts but nope its all in the sub forum...

sigh

Yep, me too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

One of my best young players just came to me wanting a new contract. I was thinking here we go, he's going to want a massive pay rise because of how much he is playing. Currently on £525 a week so was expecting a few grand and having to sell him. £800 a week! Delighted with him now. Why the fcuk can't everyone else be the same?

400x.jpg?1306898671

Random changes in form.

Lost to the bottom team 3-1, a week later I hammered the runaway leaders 4-0 (they had a week off before hand so they couldnt have been tired), then lost 2-1 to a mid table side the following weekend.

Cant even remember the last time I got sacked, think my first job in FM 13 is going to result in one. Eight games left, hopefully they'll let me finish the season at least. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I bid £20 million for David Alaba. They told me they want £39 million for him. Fair enough.

Two days later, Benfica bid £17 million for him, and it's accepted? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I bid £20 million for David Alaba. They told me they want £39 million for him. Fair enough.

Two days later, Benfica bid £17 million for him, and it's accepted? WTF?

were you another German team?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Nolars wrote: »
    were you another German team?

No, I'm playing as United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

United tax-obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

why are some players so overpriced at the start of the game

it says that Lucas is worth €24m and Paulinho the same, and it costs €40m + to sign them. while Fellaini, a much better midfielder in every way than both of them, is worth €15m and can be bought for €25m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

it says that Lucas is worth €24m and Paulinho the same, and it costs €40m + to sign them. while Fellaini, a much better midfielder in every way than both of them, is worth €15m and can be bought for €25m

Just sign Fellaini so if that's your opinion :)

Whats the problem?

In the year 2038 I enquired about a kid 17 years of age, valued at 625k from Eindhoven, was quoted 38.5 million.

The mind boggles at times but you don't have to pay the money if you don't want to, I actually ended up getting them to reduce the demand to about 17 mil I think, but still wasn't paying that! a 17 year old left back :)

Real quoted me £185m for Higuain :pac:

Whats the highest anyone has ever spent?

Mine is 130 million+ on an AMC

worth it though

1024x1122.resizedimage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

What age is he?

Unless he's 18/19 that seem exorbitant for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If you paid 130m for a player, you should sack your scouts then sack yourself because if ye were doing your job properly, you would have picked him up for peanuts a few seasons earlier.

For that kind of money I'd want a few more 20 ratings.

Dempsey wrote: »
    If you paid 130m for a player, you should sack your scouts then sack yourself because if ye were doing your job properly, you would have picked him up for peanuts a few seasons earlier.

I had noticed him I think 2 seasons before hand and had tried everything to get him to sign. He was 16 or 17 I think when I found him. It went back and forth for 5 transfer windows. Psg just didn't want to sell him end of story. After I tried and failed the forth time they offered him a 5 year contract (time line might be slightly off) so I had to make a move so next windows I went all out.

I love amc players and build my team around them most of the time. He was by far the best one anywhere in the game for what I wanted.

I'm usually quite good at turning a profit on young cheap and or free players like I mentioned in a post elsewhere so I usually have a bit of money kicking around so it didn't break the bank.

I think he is still 20 or under (not at Pc till after weekend) and in his first season he has outscored both my strikers combined and one of them has won golden boot for last 2 years and player of the year a few times.

130 million is probably :-P to much but I love him and have him for the next five years at least!

I'll throw up some other screen grabs when I get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

That moment of sheer, utter, total devastation... That moment of frenzied panic... That moment of crippling, all consuming sadness... When you accidentally overwrite and erase your Football Manager save file. 10 seasons' worth of glory, suffering, success, defeat, ecstasy and agony... Gone with one slip of the finger. No way back. No way to recover it. No joke; I actually feel like crying!

It isn't in the recycle bin. It's gone. Forever. I think I might just have a manly sob in bed tonight before I go to sleep.

My god, I got so attached to the game, to "my boys" (the team; morale was always sky-high as I played them all a good bit, had them as a proper team with a great espirit de corps and all that) and to just boundless fun with it.

Gone, all gone... faded and withered away like an old piece of fruit... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

are you sure you haven't that 3 file auto save thing ?

happened me before, thought i lost it all, but the auto save file made me only lose a week

are you sure you haven't that 3 file auto save thing ?

happened me before, thought i lost it all, but the auto save file made me only lose a week

The auto save thing is filled with other games... stupid ones I was messing about with on the side. It's gone... forever. I'm gutted. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Accidentally saved over my original game with a new one, hit 'save' rather than 'save as' and didn't realize til I had it closed what just happened. Sickened!

Should be an over-righting warning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I lost my 21 year save at the weekend, among other things, when my 1TB hard drive corrupted. I had taken Victoria Hamburg from the 5th division in Germany to the 3rd best team in the world :(.

I felt like crying. 16 months I was playing it.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I lost my 21 year save at the weekend, among other things, when my 1TB hard drive corrupted. I had taken Victoria Hamburg from the 5th division in Germany to the 3rd best team in the world :(.

From now back it up online aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm uploading a copy of my Waterford United save to dropbox now after hearing about all of these mishaps!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm uploading a copy of my Waterford United save to dropbox now after hearing about all of these mishaps!

Is that still going? Jesus, what year you in now"?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I go through phases where I won't play it for ages then I'll put an unhealthy amount of time in to it in one or two sittings.

I'm coming to the end of 2033. Still haven't won a European Cup but I have 12 points from 4 games in my Champions League group. Hopefully this is out year.

Oat23 wrote: »

*bro-hug*

I feel your pain, man... I feel your pain.

Mars Bar wrote: »

I tryed to play a save with Wexford Youths on fm13, but everyone just keeps signng my best players for free so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Try and look at the bright side. I lost my latest ten season save a few months back to a weird bug (every transfer offer made/received was in 'minus billions') and it gave me the opportunity to escape the game for the summer. Now I'm clean 'til FM2014

• Advertisement

I have mine saved to dropbox with the three file save. I have the dropbox site, on my main pc, on my laptop, on my ipad and on my phone. If I still manage to lose it, at least I can rest easy knowing I tried.

Advertisement