Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have mine saved to dropbox with the three file save. I have the dropbox site, on my main pc, on my laptop, on my ipad and on my phone. If I still manage to lose it, at least I can rest easy knowing I tried.

pretty sure the only thing that could affect you would be an worldwide EMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This is true... I've half-heartedly tried to start up a couple of other games, managing International teams as well as club teams. But it just isn't the same. Doesn't have the same appeal or something. I don't know.

I will abstain for a while longer anyway. Heart just isn't in it any more. Mental how upset and down you can get over a sodding video game!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still going strong with my original Limerick save - now with Barca though!

Annoying that players are asking for huge contracts just because its Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Was trying to sign danny welbeck for Wigan as he was transfer listed, he wudnt accept 45,000 a week all he wanted was 50k and wudnt budge, so i offered an extra million singing on fee and the agent an extra 300k but he wudnt sign because of 4k a week. jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nolars wrote: »
    Was trying to sign danny welbeck for Wigan as he was transfer listed, he wudnt accept 45,000 a week all he wanted was 50k and wudnt budge, so i offered an extra million singing on fee and the agent an extra 300k but he wudnt sign because of 4k a week. jesus.

Why didn't you just give him the extra 5k a week?

Budget adjustments ftw

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Why didn't you just give him the extra 5k a week?

Budget adjustments ftw

Nah plenty of budget available it was just board wage restrictions

Nah plenty of budget available it was just board wage restrictions

That was my point, if you had plenty of budget, adjust it to give yourself more room on the wages side.

No problems

That was my point, if you had plenty of budget, adjust it to give yourself more room on the wages side.

No problems

They have restrictions in place to the amount of wages you can give to one player no matter how much wage budget you have.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Change his squad status. Unless he's already being offered a key player contract, move the status up a notch and the amount you can offer him increases.

Zaph wrote: »
    Change his squad status. Unless he's already being offered a key player contract, move the status up a notch and the amount you can offer him increases.

He was a Key player as I said below I wasn't allowed offer any more no matter what due to the clubs wage restraints.

• Advertisement

He was a Key player as I said below I wasn't allowed offer any more no matter what due to the clubs wage restraints.

Interact with the board to increase the wage budget then, particularly if your finances are that good

Interact with the board to increase the wage budget then, particularly if your finances are that good

Never said my finances were brilliant. My whole point was that danny wudnt accept 4k less a week and an extra million signing on fee, the whole point was that it makes no sense and should be fixed for FM14.

You said there was plenty of budget available, which made me think you could take some from your transfer budget to increase your maximum wage etc

Completed an absolute nightmare this season;

-Runner up in the Premier League; going into the final day of the season 1 point ahead of Man City. Final game, away against Stoke in 17th. Stoke score a 91st minute equaliser to survive. City have hammered Wigan 6-0 in the Etihad. City clinch the title.

-Runner up in the FA Cup; losing to United on penalties. Scored an equaliser in the 80th minute of the final. Eden Hazard fluffed the final penalty and United lifted the FA Cup.

-Runner up in the Champions League, losing the final 3-1 to Bayern.

Did win the League Cup, beating Spurs 2-0 in the final. But it was scant consolation.

Nearly flung the iPad across the room when Jon Walters nodded home Stoke's equaliser in that final League game.

Had been sitting pretty at the top of the League for most of the season, but a few injuries and some suspensions in key games saw the squad threadbare for crucial games where points were dropped.

Wasn't overly gutted at the FA Cup loss, but was still a pain in the hole.

The Champions League Final was never in question; Bayern were 3-0 up with 75 minutes gone. Torres heading in the consolation goal.

It's a sick game....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

WORK PERMITS!

In my game seems to be a glitch every now and again don't know if anyone else has seen this.

I make an offer, contract etc then initial permit is turned down, accepted on appeal but when the player arrives he has no permit and I have to ship him off to Belgium for two years!...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

SQUARE THE FUCKING BALL!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SQUARE THE FUCKING BALL!!!!!

that'd really hurt though, especially for headers

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Player been with you for years, feels hes achieved all he can, wants a new challenge, requests a transfer. Fair enough say I, you've been a loyal servant. Immediately offer mutual termination and they get all offended, always bloody happens, gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭glenjamin

6th season with Boro. 2 Champion's Leagues, 2 Prems, and 10 other trophies. Top of the league by 9 pts, 58 games undefeated. Comes up on the newsfeed that my contract is up in 6 months and that the board are hoping I don't walk, plus a list of possible replacements with Guardiola being the favourite. Usually the board come to me well in advance looking to negotiate a new contract but this time I'm forced to go to them for some reason. So I ask for a new contact based on all the success I've brought to the club and they turn around and tell me that they want to see more from me before they give me a new deal. **** right off! They should be begging me to sign a new contract. I had brought them from a mid table Championship club to champions of Europe in 4 seasons and maintained the level of success since then. Bull****!

Irishcrx wrote: »
    WORK PERMITS!

In my game seems to be a glitch every now and again don't know if anyone else has seen this.

I make an offer, contract etc then initial permit is turned down, accepted on appeal but when the player arrives he has no permit and I have to ship him off to Belgium for two years!...

Thats not a glitch, it tells you before you sign him he cant play but can be loaned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

glenjamin wrote: »
    6th season with Boro. 2 Champion's Leagues, 2 Prems, and 10 other trophies. Top of the league by 9 pts, 58 games undefeated. Comes up on the newsfeed that my contract is up in 6 months and that the board are hoping I don't walk, plus a list of possible replacements with Guardiola being the favourite. Usually the board come to me well in advance looking to negotiate a new contract but this time I'm forced to go to them for some reason. So I ask for a new contact based on all the success I've brought to the club and they turn around and tell me that they want to see more from me before they give me a new deal. **** right off! They should be begging me to sign a new contract. I had brought them from a mid table Championship club to champions of Europe in 4 seasons and maintained the level of success since then. Bull****!
    You should not make it your sole purpose to annihilate them into obliteration (aka Blue Square Premier).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Playing as stuttgart, was brought in in October after the previous manager was sacked after 10 games and went on a run of only one loss right up til the end of the season, going into the last game 2 points clear of Bayern & into the final of the Euro Cup. Not Bad!

Playing St Pauli (16th) at home in the last game of the season, 2 points clear of Bayern and I have a GD of 5 better. After beating 5th place Koln last week 4-0 away from home, the difficult result was out of the way and all I need was a draw at worst (unless bayern go goal crazy) to win the league. Pick a strong team as everyone is relatively fit and the Euro Cup final is 10 days away, go 1-0 down within 5 minutes....okay, plenty of time to get back. Cue large gaps in play when nothing happens, get to half time with only 3 shots, 1 on target, whereas st pauli have had 1 and 1, and are 1-0 up.
    Give them all a bollocking at half time, and in my mind have already decided who im shipping out in the summer. The players come out in the second half and show more effort, peppering the St. pauli goal with a few shots. Still, nothing is going in, I hit the bar and the post, so I switch up my forward and 2 wing men, 75 mins comes and i'm still 1-0 down. Time to go for broke, team goes into overload, pushing higher up, take more risks and pumping the ball into the box. Finally, in the 87th minute, a st. pauli defender misses a header and my sub forward is clean through on goal, and calmly slots it into the keepers left. 1-1! As its looking, i will probably win the league on GD, so pause for a second and have a look at the latest scores to see what bayern are at.

The c*nts are winning 6-0 at home to Mainz.

I still need another goal. I make no changes to the formation or tactics, stay in overload, but thats it. No further passages of play (I play with only highlights) in the last 3 mins + 5 injury time.
    I finish second in the league to Bayern by one measly goal in GD, +38 to +37. Nevermind the fact that I had won 5 in a row before that and should have battered st pauli to ensure i wouldnt end up in a situation where GD came into it, i realised that had bayern only won 5-0, the positions would have been decided on Goals scored, which i was still ahead on (by 3).

Sickened, I fined 2 of my defenders who got 6.0 and theyre now pissed off, but fcuk them. I'm raging.
    I did win the Euro Cup the following week however, which was nice.

Playing against Sunderland, winning 2-0, comfy. Not a bother. Suddenly, David Luiz goes sliding in two-footed. Red card... grand. 70 minutes in, can't complain too much, not going to have TOO much bearing on the game. One game ban. Fair enough.

"David Luiz is furious with the referee!"

"The referee is shouting with David Luiz..."

"David Luiz has punched the referee!!!"

"This is madness!!!"

A fúcking 9 month ban for one of my best defenders from ALL games (club, international, the lot).

I never saw that one before. I don't fúcking believe it.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Playing against Sunderland, winning 2-0, comfy. Not a bother. Suddenly, David Luiz goes sliding in two-footed. Red card... grand. 70 minutes in, can't complain too much, not going to have TOO much bearing on the game. One game ban. Fair enough.

"This is madness!!!"

A fúcking 9 month ban for one of my best defenders from ALL games (club, international, the lot).

He should of just took a bite would of only missed a few games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

retalivity wrote: »
    Playing as stuttgart, was brought in in October after the previous manager was sacked after 10 games and went on a run of only one loss right up til the end of the season, going into the last game 2 points clear of Bayern & into the final of the Euro Cup. Not Bad!

Playing St Pauli (16th) at home in the last game of the season, 2 points clear of Bayern and I have a GD of 5 better. After beating 5th place Koln last week 4-0 away from home, the difficult result was out of the way and all I need was a draw at worst (unless bayern go goal crazy) to win the league. Pick a strong team as everyone is relatively fit and the Euro Cup final is 10 days away, go 1-0 down within 5 minutes....okay, plenty of time to get back. Cue large gaps in play when nothing happens, get to half time with only 3 shots, 1 on target, whereas st pauli have had 1 and 1, and are 1-0 up.
    Give them all a bollocking at half time, and in my mind have already decided who im shipping out in the summer. The players come out in the second half and show more effort, peppering the St. pauli goal with a few shots. Still, nothing is going in, I hit the bar and the post, so I switch up my forward and 2 wing men, 75 mins comes and i'm still 1-0 down. Time to go for broke, team goes into overload, pushing higher up, take more risks and pumping the ball into the box. Finally, in the 87th minute, a st. pauli defender misses a header and my sub forward is clean through on goal, and calmly slots it into the keepers left. 1-1! As its looking, i will probably win the league on GD, so pause for a second and have a look at the latest scores to see what bayern are at.

The c*nts are winning 6-0 at home to Mainz.

I still need another goal. I make no changes to the formation or tactics, stay in overload, but thats it. No further passages of play (I play with only highlights) in the last 3 mins + 5 injury time.
    I finish second in the league to Bayern by one measly goal in GD, +38 to +37. Nevermind the fact that I had won 5 in a row before that and should have battered st pauli to ensure i wouldnt end up in a situation where GD came into it, i realised that had bayern only won 5-0, the positions would have been decided on Goals scored, which i was still ahead on (by 3).

Sickened, I fined 2 of my defenders who got 6.0 and theyre now pissed off, but fcuk them. I'm raging.
    I did win the Euro Cup the following week however, which was nice.
    This Paulo is why you didnt last in Sunderland :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 DerpKehoe

DazMarz wrote: »

"This is madness!!!"

Ha deadly! How did you edit the files/game to make that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

DerpKehoe wrote: »
    Ha deadly! How did you edit the files/game to make that happen?
    O_o

.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

^ I've had that happen before, not sure what version of the game though (FM08 i think?) or if the ban was the same.
    And I never edited it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

retalivity wrote: »
    ^ I've had that happen before, not sure what version of the game though (FM08 i think?) or if the ban was the same.
    And I never edited it.

remember a game I played on the SNES, Kevin Keegan Manager or something - I accidentally bought Collymore for 16million (was supposed to be 1.6million, stupid extra extra zero). 1 week later he retired to run a country pub. AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Players attacking refs has been in the game since I first played CM 99/00. Probably cause of di canio pushing the ref the year before.

One thing that used to drive me mad was a player getting a straight red for a handball despite it being in midfield or some other area away from goal

Advertisement