Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Werewolf In London

Unearthly wrote: »
    Players attacking refs has been in the game since I first played CM 99/00. Probably cause of di canio pushing the ref the year before.

One thing that used to drive me mad was a player getting a straight red for a handball despite it being in midfield or some other area away from goal

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I was Man Utd, drawing with City at the Etihad.

It was a tight game, 1-1, 80 mins, made my 3 subs already, Fellaini is on a yellow, he hassles a City defender in their half, then takes him out from behind and gets sent off

Lost 2-1, I fine him a weeks wages and he's moaning about it being harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I was Man Utd, drawing with City at the Etihad.

It was a tight game, 1-1, 80 mins, made my 3 subs already, Fellaini is on a yellow, he hassles a City defender in their half, then takes him out from behind and gets sent off

Lost 2-1, I fine him a weeks wages and he's moaning about it being harsh

They have to be sent off about 10 times before they seem to accept it.

Normally once you talk to them they are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is Olivier Giroud a beast in the game for anyone else ? Im on my 4/5th different save and in every one he breaks almost every scoring record despite not having overly amazing stats

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Playing as Pats into my 3rd season now. Won the league both years and in my second year qualified for the Europa League group stages. But when it got to my EL matches when my season ended (November) all my squad went on holiday and had to play lots of re-gens. Ended up losing 11-2 to Arsenal and 8-0 to Lazio. Anyone ever see this before and any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Playing as Pats into my 3rd season now. Won the league both years and in my second year qualified for the Europa League group stages. But when it got to my EL matches when my season ended (November) all my squad went on holiday and had to play lots of re-gens. Ended up losing 11-2 to Arsenal and 8-0 to Lazio. Anyone ever see this before and any tips?

That's weird. All of my squad (Waterford) stick around until December for the CL group games and break for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's weird. All of my squad (Waterford) stick around until December for the CL group games and break for a month.

Never happened to me either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We sure this isnt an excuse to explain the shocking results? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How do I teach my defenders to fucking tackle? They seem happy enough to run alongside the opponent all the way into the box before they score. It's annoying the sh*t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Seemed a very stand-offish way of them playing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

When you lose to a team that is so inferior to yours. Even your worst players would be better than their best. You have a huge advantage in possession, shots, shots on target, passing accuracy, corners, throw-ins, free-kicks, etc. You would, 99.99999999% of the time, beat them.

They have a slew of injuries. They have fúck all possession. They have basically 1 shot all game.

That shot leads to a goal. Their usually shíte keeper is playing like the bastard child of Lev Yashin and Oliver Kahn and Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon and Petr Cech and Peter Schmichael and and and...

You lose 1-0. You scream and wail, feeling like Arsene Wenger, whinging about possession and the unfairness of it all. Fúck off.

Oh, and international friendlies like 3 days before a crucial league fixture. Half your team is now fúcking knackered (YOU'RE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS, FFS! GET TO THE FÚCKING GYM AND GET FITTER!!!), some have aggravated injuries and you lose the crucial league fixture because of some stupid international fúcking friendly.

Goddammit... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

DazMarz wrote: »
    When you lose to a team that is so inferior to yours. Even your worst players would be better than their best. You have a huge advantage in possession, shots, shots on target, passing accuracy, corners, throw-ins, free-kicks, etc. You would, 99.99999999% of the time, beat them.

You lose 1-0. You scream and wail, feeling like Arsene Wenger, whinging about possession and the unfairness of it all. Fúck off.
    I usually go nuts at my team and shout obscenities at them (aka aggressive wtf just happened mode). I think in older version you could fine your players whenever....after this kinda of defeat no1 was getting paid.

If not, then i've atleast tried to fine the feckers! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone elses goalkeeper come out to claim the ball only to run out of the box with it in his hands getting sent off in the process?

Whats annoying is a) he has yards to stop but keeps going and b) why red card him? In a game if it happens you'll give away a free and get booked.

Not my goalkeeper, hes being sent off 3 times now for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yep, I've had that once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Goalkeeper not getting sent off but he has been chipped a stupid amount of times from rushing off his line. It's starting to do my nut in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Goalkeeper not getting sent off but he has been chipped a stupid amount of times from rushing off his line. It's starting to do my nut in.

If a keeper does that, I fine him and drop him, it makes me that mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Another known bug to SI. There's supposenly a new patch coming out to resolve this a couple of other major bugs.

I recall one of my keepers used to rush out, stop suddenly when he would have easily gotten to the ball first, then try to run back to his goal and be easily beaten. The language would be biblical!

Injury time highlights your losing or drawing a must win game and your players will do everything but have a shot

Injury time highlights your losing or drawing a must win game and your players will do everything but have a shot

• Advertisement

Hopefully the patch is soon, this rushing off the line business lost me the European cup final. Furious isn't the word , the other half thought I'd lost it altogether from the shouting and had my laptop not been brand new (And me so attached to it) I'm fairly sure a lesser machine may have found itself damaged...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Striker has 2 goals in 15 games despite being a "Leading star" for my division*

Me: "You've not been scoring enough. I might have to give someone else a try in the first team".

Him: "You're kidding! Who else is going to score as many as I do! You're out of line!"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone elses goalkeeper come out to claim the ball only to run out of the box with it in his hands getting sent off in the process?

Whats annoying is a) he has yards to stop but keeps going and b) why red card him? In a game if it happens you'll give away a free and get booked.

Not my goalkeeper, hes being sent off 3 times now for it.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yep, I've had that once!

Had this happen three times so far. Keeper was booked each time, though unfortunately the first two were in the same match :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Players who's morale is constantly at a low level, despite everything. Play them for 10 straight games, wrap them in cotton wool, tell them they're the best thing since sliced bread, massage their ego (or alternatively, constructively criticise and tell them to get better, etc.). But nothing works; they're still moaning, unhappy and so on.

I feel like Basil Fawlty admonishing Manuel: "Why don't you... why don't you... why don't you cheer up for Christ's sake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It depends on their mental traits and the traits of the squad and their relationship to you but in saying that FM always struggled with how they implemented motivational techniques imo.

I'm finding bidding for players is ridiculas at the moment, I wanted to buy Lucas Romero from Benfica ended up offering as much as €55 million and was rejected. Juventus come in with half that and it's accepted.

Keep finding this , I offer an amount it's rejected and then another clubs offer which is much lower gets accepted!!

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I'm finding bidding for players is ridiculas at the moment, I wanted to buy Lucas Romero from Benfica ended up offering as much as €55 million and was rejected. Juventus come in with half that and it's accepted.

Keep finding this , I offer an amount it's rejected and then another clubs offer which is much lower gets accepted!!

It depends on who you are and your relationship with their manager. Seems to go easier if you arent a direct rival and are on good terms with the manager.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So left my Gladbach team to join Arsenal in 2021. But in the months before I left, I had picked up two free agents. Both strikers. One was 24, one was 17, but liked both so wanted to take them with me to Arsenal.

24 year old wasn't an issue; worth 10m, bought him for 12. Two in game weeks later, his value jumped to 25m after just three games, so thrilled with that. Massive profit already.

But the kid...worth 1.5m. Threw in offers of 10m and 15m, but club didn't want to sell, so had to wait till end of the season. Now, four months on, the kid is worth 15m, so having to pay 50m to get him.

Wonder if he would have got that transfer fee if I had stayed at Gladbach and tried to sell him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

So I was on the lookout for a defender, and spotted a fella that would fit perfect at Chelsea. So I offered £20m to see what happens (he's valued at £7m)

Then this happens
    P7ZralP.jpg

Fair enough says I. If that's accepted, I'll match it.
    gCCOIlf.jpg

It is accepted, so I do match it and offer £26m

And then I get this
    5TEM3GM.jpg

WTF????
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The plus future incentives part might be the difference there.

Advertisement