Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Nope
    £60m upfront + some add-on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I meant in terms of what Forest were offering. They might be offering much more than 26 million when you take future incentives into account. Sounds a bit mad though alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

WTF????
    :mad::mad::mad:
    What club are you managing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've won promotion from League 1 to Championship and am trying to buy players before pre-season but because it's not July 1st yet, it hasn't registered that I've been promoted so players don't think it's a good career move to play in League 1. I've been promoted you dimwits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Reekwind wrote: »
    What club are you managing?

Liverpool. League champions last 3 seasons, champions league winners last 2. Chelsea not in Europe, last 3 seasons in the league - 9th, 11th, 15th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

That's the issue then. IIRC Liverpool are one of Chelsea's in-game rivals. Plus they probably view you as domestic competition. There's clearly a 'reluctance to sell' factor at play here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

An ex player warns you about a player on the next team you've to play and 7/10 times the guy isn't playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I was playing an old edition, maybe ten years ago. I was AC Milan vs Roma. I told Maldini, arguably the worlds greatest defender then, to man mark Batistuta. Said striker went on to score a double hat trick.

Yeah........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I was playing an old edition, maybe ten years ago. I was AC Milan vs Roma. I told Maldini, arguably the worlds greatest defender then, to man mark Batistuta. Said striker went on to score a double hat trick.

Yeah........
    You cannot simply 'man-mark' the legendary Argentinian. Them blue eyes would have you trippin up over your laces :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Semiotec

Can't get a job in Fm 14. So infuriating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Underground

"We're struggling to cope with the numbers in midfield."

Thanks for the advice mr assistant but we're winning 4 nil!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭glenjamin

"We're struggling to cope with the numbers in midfield."

Thanks for the advice mr assistant but we're winning 4 nil!

I get that all of the time. Play 3-5-2 against 10 men with a 3 man midfield, all of who are semi-professional to my top players and I'm getting overrun.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

One that's been driving me mad lately. My captain, who's been at the club longer than all but one other squad member at this stage, was out injured for about four months a season and a half ago. Now every single game he's "having problems blending in with the team". :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Since the latest patch at least once a game someone boots a corner straight out for a goal kick. Annoying stuff to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Injuries are insane. I'm not getting one every game but every season I will get at least one long term injury. Wilshere, Ox, Will Hughes and a regen that cost me €65m have all had an injury of at least 5 months in 2 season. They also went from having 5 star potential to 3 or 4 star.

Players clean through on goal but will still decide to shoot from 30 yards also drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just had a penalty awarded there, the player who tackled mine was injured so watched the physio come on walk around for a couple of minutes and then do some work on the player. The player walks back onto the field after treatment upto the referee and gets sent off! The whole ordeal took about 3 minutes.

Missed the penalty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chelsea: "Hey, want 17m for Smalling?"
    Me: "No"
    C: "How bout 17m?"
    C: "17m?"
    Me: NO
    C:....
    Me: .....

Seriously, 8 transfer bids in the last 8 days, all for 17m. Jose not getting the hint :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Seriously, 8 transfer bids in the last 8 days, all for 17m. Jose not getting the hint :mad:

How about updating your asking price then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Hehe José can be a stubborn bastard sometimes :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    How about updating your asking price then! ;)

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

:P Seriously no memory of even setting that price...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Accept it, then when they agree personals and ask you to confirm the transfer cancel it, trolling for the laugh of course, sure Smalling may get his nose put out of joint, he may not, but even if he does it will only be temporary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone having a problem where corner kick takers just hit a curling ball straight out for a goal kick. Happens me almost every game no matter who takes who the corners

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Anyone having a problem where corner kick takers just hit a curling ball straight out for a goal kick. Happens me almost every game no matter who takes who the corners

Just ask yourself, what Jesus Wooden do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just ask yourself, what Jesus Wooden do?
    stay the hell away from crosses?

2017 in my current run through, playing as Man United.

Not been able to get a striker firing well in any game so far this generation.

60m on a 29 year old Cavani. Finally, something clicks; 15 goals in 12 games, top scorer in the league and Europe, talk of World Golden Ball.

...breaks his ankle in an international friendly, out for 4 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Everything about the ai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Daniel Sturridge getting 90 minutes for the whole season, 4 goals in 35 games, couple of assists. Keep thinking that he'll come good.. Scores 7 goals in last 3 games of season, gets an anterior cruciate ligament injury in last game of season, out for start of next season, decides he wants to leave, back to Chelsea he goes. Suarez reveals he was having an affair with Sturridge, fecks off to Chelsea as well. Followed by Coutinho and Sterling getting pissed off with all the players leaving so they leave. Board gives me sweet feck all to spend, so now I'm trying to win the league with Iago Aspas as my main striker, and Charles N'Zogbia captaining my team.

Needless to say, I'm giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Daniel Sturridge getting 90 minutes for the whole season, 4 goals in 35 games, couple of assists. Keep thinking that he'll come good.. Scores 7 goals in last 3 games of season, gets an anterior cruciate ligament injury in last game of season, out for start of next season, decides he wants to leave, back to Chelsea he goes. Suarez reveals he was having an affair with Sturridge, fecks off to Chelsea as well. Followed by Coutinho and Sterling getting pissed off with all the players leaving so they leave. Board gives me sweet feck all to spend, so now I'm trying to win the league with Iago Aspas as my main striker, and Charles N'Zogbia captaining my team.

Needless to say, I'm giving up.

Affair?.......wut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Affair?.......wut

Sounded more interesting than saying that they just went to the same club :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

crash dumps just once your Aalen side demolish Bayern Munich... :(

Advertisement