Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dsmythy wrote: »
    No way I'd be able to do a year over again. Definitely new team for yourself.

it broke my heart! one guy i just signed i had been trying to get for months, constant back and forth and eventually got him (and then he injured himself for 3 weeks in his first game) i had excellent scouts, a really really good youth system in place with guys getting ready to break though etc contracts for my main guys all tied up for a fair few seasons and boom all gone.

Dunno if i should play as a different team or same again, mybe change it up and then go back eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Finally got one of my younger strikers consistently playing well in the start of the 2018 season. Needless to say, after 7 games, he gets injured for a few months. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

luckily mine was only a month behind,

Was a blessing in disguise,

I was the manager of Shamrock Rovers, Got a dream job in Portsmouth, had gone unbeaten from Febuary to the play off final and won 4-2, signed a few new players, then it hit June 21st and crash dump, thought ah it's ok i have rolling saves on every month, hadn't saved since just before the playoff final. broke my heart a little,

But since then i have plowed on through and somehow signed danny welbeck and pavlechenko (i'm only in the championship) all i need is some defenders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Happened to me there and seems to happen so much that last year I thought it was a glitch but teams who go down to 10 men always seem to score the next goal against me and don't seem to be weakened at all. Was 1-0 up at HT in the game there and they got a player sent off and scored twice to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Liam O wrote: »
    Happened to me there and seems to happen so much that last year I thought it was a glitch but teams who go down to 10 men always seem to score the next goal against me and don't seem to be weakened at all. Was 1-0 up at HT in the game there and they got a player sent off and scored twice to win the game.
    I think its your players. I had something similar in that whenever I had a goal disallowed, the other team would score almost instantly nine times out of ten. Doesnt happen anymore as a lot of my team has been changed since. I'd guess (complete guess) its concentration or something to blame.

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    luckily mine was only a month behind,

Was a blessing in disguise,

I was the manager of Shamrock Rovers, Got a dream job in Portsmouth, had gone unbeaten from Febuary to the play off final and won 4-2, signed a few new players, then it hit June 21st and crash dump, thought ah it's ok i have rolling saves on every month, hadn't saved since just before the playoff final. broke my heart a little,

But since then i have plowed on through and somehow signed danny welbeck and pavlechenko (i'm only in the championship) all i need is some defenders :D

yeah i had 3 save files and it affected all of them, all went back to the (i think it was) midway trough the second season but there was months between them instead of the usual week or 3

I just need to find the GF some TV show that she'll become addicted to so i can play it without interuption again (thank you vampire diaries!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

danniemcq wrote: »
    yeah i had 3 save files and it affected all of them, all went back to the (i think it was) midway trough the second season but there was months between them instead of the usual week or 3

I just need to find the GF some TV show that she'll become addicted to so i can play it without interuption again (thank you vampire diaries!)

I had corrupted save files, found the answer on line, something about deleting some setup files was the trick. Try typing the error into google and see what answer you get

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

X does not have anyway near the potential to be as good as y.

X would be a decent signing.

WTF?!

X is looking exhausted 74% and you should look at subbing him

Yet Y is on 71%??

WTF????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Every one of your youth system having NO potential whatsoever!!!!!

Unrealistic transfer happenings and managerial appointments almost always involving Liverpool. Highlights:

Steve Bruce has been chosen as the man to replace Kenny Dalglish.....followed by......

Liverpool have decided to splash the cash by spending 4.3 million on Milan Baros. Probably quite realistic considering the club, but still.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I hate injuries and unregistered players. Had to play an Asian CL game like this :D

squadacl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I hate injuries and unregistered players. Had to play an Asian CL game like this :D

squadacl.gif

Alain N'Kong! Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Alain N'Kong! Legend!

Always sign him, always performs!

at least you had a goalkeeper, last season i played there was 2 pre season and 2 games in world club championship that i had Steven Gerrard in nets

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

So the ref add's 3 minutes of added time, instead decides to do a fergie time and play 6 and this happens :mad:

screenshot20120112at143.png

screenshot20120112at143.png

Numerous times this has happened to me! It's a fix I tell ya!!

Edit: Bale was also out for 4 months after playing on international duty... Just as he returned to training he was called up for international duty and was injured AGAIN! another 3 months on the sideline :(

I ended up missing half my first 11 for my final league game in the Irish league due to poxy internationals. My goalkeeper, centre back, centre mid, right attacking mid and both strikers all decided to accept call ups for the under 19's or under 21's. My six best players all missing along with a couple of injuries to make it even harder! Lost 3-1 to Sligo but had already won the league so didn't mind too much.

For a while I was playing a match every two or three days too due to the Europa League group stages. I'm in with a chance of qualifying from my group with two games to go (third, one point behind second) so I don't know what going to happen if I go through. Do I not get a winter break or something?

I ended up missing half my first 11 for my final league game in the Irish league due to poxy internationals. My goalkeeper, centre back, centre mid, right attacking mid and both strikers all decided to accept call ups for the under 19's or under 21's. My six best players all missing along with a couple of injuries to make it even harder! Lost 3-1 to Sligo but had already won the league so didn't mind too much.

For a while I was playing a match every two or three days too due to the Europa League group stages. I'm in with a chance of qualifying from my group with two games to go (third, one point behind second) so I don't know what going to happen if I go through. Do I not get a winter break or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

So the ref add's 3 minutes of added time, instead decides to do a fergie time and play 6 and this happens :mad:

Numerous times this has happened to me! It's a fix I tell ya!!

Edit: Bale was also out for 4 months after playing on international duty... Just as he returned to training he was called up for international duty and was injured AGAIN! another 3 months on the sideline :(

Could also be down to fatigue. Especially if a game is going on that amount of extra time. With a players condition down, he is more susceptible to injuries. Start to make changes towards the end of games to prevent this.

Thats why if a player takes a knock in a game and his condition drops to below 60% and increases very slowly, it's a good idea to think about subbing him. If it jumps back up quickly to 80 odd % he should be fine. If, even at half time his condition hasn't improved much, take him off. It'll only hinder your team and will more than likely lead to an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

at least you had a goalkeeper, last season i played there was 2 pre season and 2 games in world club championship that i had Steven Gerrard in nets

Understandably so, his diving would be a high attribute I imagine :pac:

You know what annoys me? Seeing players with wrong player numbers. I still play FM10 and seeing Fabregas running around wearing number 5 is....wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Gamebreaking BUGS!!

M. Haifa were just put in as 1st seeds in a UCL draw

ucl1.png

ucl2.png

Wouldnt that just piss you off!! I got a really tough UCL group as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Understandably so, his diving would be a high attribute I imagine :pac:

You know what annoys me? Seeing players with wrong player numbers. I still play FM10 and seeing Fabregas running around wearing number 5 is....wrong!

Oh sweet jesus this annoys me, like once in my game man city signed messi, and he was given the number 26, it just annoyed me so much.

Then sometimes numbers just change for no reason, Nasri getting the number 6 at Arsenal for example, a winger with number 6...Ahhhh frustrating

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus this annoys me, like once in my game man city signed messi, and he was given the number 26, it just annoyed me so much.

Then sometimes numbers just change for no reason, Nasri getting the number 6 at Arsenal for example, a winger with number 6...Ahhhh frustrating

It's not completely unusual to have players with bizarre numbers, Argentina used to number their players alphabetically so they had a keeper with an outfield and they a striker in the 70's wearing no. 1. I use a weird number system, I number my players by length of time at club, so no. 1 is the longest serving. They're only numbers.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

yeah me thinks there is a few posters in here with a touch of OCD

or CDO if you want the letters the right way around

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

When to buy Messi and Barca wanted 150mil, finally got a good bit of the money together and offered the rest over 24 months, Barca responded wanting 244mil, like come on!

When to buy Messi and Barca wanted 150mil, finally got a good bit of the money together and offered the rest over 24 months, Barca responded wanting 244mil, like come on!
    They obviously dont want to sell. Whenever someone offers for a player I dont want to sell, I do the exact same and put the asking fee up over £200m, that tends to scare them off and if not, they cant afford it anyway so I keep the player regardless.

Why on eart would Barca want to sell him, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

yeah me thinks there is a few posters in here with a touch of OCD

or CDO if you want the letters the right way around

Just a tad.....IT'S NOT THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AHHHHHH!!!

*curls into foetal position*

17/18 year olds demanding they get first team action?!!

How do you stop that?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Bait them!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

"We're all set for this relegation six-pointer"

It's the second game of the season, FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

focus_mad wrote: »
    Bait them!!! :D

heck-no.png

:pac:

Advertisement