Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Your own player under no pressure puts the ball out for a throw or corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Anyone ever lost a league on the last day? Devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anyone ever lost a league on the last day? Devastated :(

I won it on the last day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The one thing that drives me mad more than most is when my team is in absolute control of the game, 20 or shots or so and haven't scored, then the opposition go up the other end and score with their first attempt... :mad:

That and last minute keeper fumbles in a 1-0 that lead to conceding a goal and dropping two points

This is how it feels to be a Liverpool supporter these days. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The-Rigger wrote: »
    This is how it feels to be a Liverpool supporter these days. :p

great i can't even escape from the constant reminders in here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

When you buy a good youth player and play him for a season, says he wants an improved contract because you turned down bids for him and you say you have loads of time left and he gets in a strop and requests a transfer :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mc Love wrote: »
    When you buy a good youth player and play him for a season, says he wants an improved contract because you turned down bids for him and you say you have loads of time left and he gets in a strop and requests a transfer :(

I usually give it to them unless I don't have it. My one with youngsters is when they break into the team, you know they're gonna be big but because they're young they're only valued at a million and then your chairman accepts a bid of €1.5 million, despite the fact the youngster is keeping someone worth €3 million out of the team and then goes on to be worth €15 million, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

The computer ruining their own squad is probably my number 1 thing I hate about this game, examples, Barcelona selling Pedro and Iniesta with no real replacement for either, OK Iniesta went for 58 million but unless Barca had a player coming through in his position that they deemed better this wouldn't happen. Instead they were left short and after 2 years of dominance have declined a good bit.

PSG-No word of a joke they must have at least 6 high quality amc's most of whom will never ever see gametime thus ****ing up their pa and stuff.

The MLS and America is ****ed in the game, I don't see how the country is meant to develop. In the editor I gave so many amature and semi pro clubs unreal facilities yet in the holiday game i did i turned back on and it was 2022 and USA had plummeted to 60 in the world and hadn't qualified for a world cup since 2010(so 3 failed in game attempts) no players really emerged of note, such a joke. fm 11 btw might have changed in new game

EdenHazard wrote: »
    The MLS and America is ****ed in the game, I don't see how the country is meant to develop. In the editor I gave so many amature and semi pro clubs unreal facilities yet in the holiday game i did i turned back on and it was 2022 and USA had plummeted to 60 in the world and hadn't qualified for a world cup since 2010(so 3 failed in game attempts) no players really emerged of note, such a joke. fm 11 btw might have changed in new game

Belgium are the 4th best international side in my FM11 too. It's 2020 in my game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Belgium are the 4th best international side in my FM11 too. It's 2020 in my game.
    The way Belgium are producing quality players IRL, they arent far off doing something dutch-esque on the international stage.

Dempsey wrote: »
    The way Belgium are producing quality players IRL, they arent far off doing something dutch-esque on the international stage.

Yep, t'is true! There's a lot of good Belgian players out there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Developing and nurturing a player into the best in the world in his position basically and give him the biggest contract your club has ever given with the biggest minimum release clause possible too. Stand out performer in my Gateshead team that just won the Premier League for the first time in the clubs history. 2023/24, been a long hard road!

Then Barca come in a smash it.

65million, but it cant replace him :( Ill miss you Neira

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In my game i'm manager of belarus and portsmouth its 2013 and i've gone from 60th in the world to 8th in less than a year,

what's driving me crazy is the conversations

Player - the team is underperforming
    Me - I know why don't you rally the team
    Player - Don't think that will help

My choices are then, you show me no respect, i'm the manager your the player listen to me, i think we should leave this for now

I know you have more options in 2012 but come on who in real life gives you those options :P

Signed a Greek winger called Liapis off Palermo for around €15million... Then BOOM, injured on his debut and out for 4 to 5 months. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Signed a Greek winger called Liapis off Palermo for around €15million... Then BOOM, injured on his debut and out for 4 to 5 months. FFS!

SI will tell you its random but it happens far too often

Haha yeah. I wouldn't mind but I never usually use wingers in this game. Signed one just to change the team around a bit but it'll be back to normal for the next few months!

I've never had it happen. Near the end of 2015 and have had ONE big injury and that was to a bit part player, even then, it was only four months.

For important players, the longest injury I've had is probably a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Haven't had a chance to look at the injury frequency rates in the editor yet, but after the update last year, if its anywhere similar, then they're turning a blind eye to their own stupidity... again.

After the update they had how many complaints about the injuries? Hundreds of thousands at a guess... yet they still maintain nothing was wrong.

FM2012 - just found out that under 20 players dont get auto picked for champions cup!

Now I have 11 plus subs plus one crap player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

David Healy is too bloody good.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

And City always sign Alan McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Torres refusing to score goals just like real life. Fuck sake nando you have all the attributes, just put the ball in the net you gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I hate my chairman, so much. My backup right winger is one of those greyed out players. I get feck all money up front to replace him :mad:.

I also hate monthly installments.

gumede.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I had one player in my last season who, seemingly, was systematically injuring all his positional rivals during training. He was a left-winger but also ML/MC/DMC and, at one point both my (better) left-wingers were out injured (both by him) and a centre mid was out, too (also, by him). Incredible.

I released when I saw we were getting promoted and knew he wouldn't be able to make the step up. Thankfully, no other players are resorting to his tactics to get into the team.

the loi basically just becomes awash with english players after 2 seasons

EdenHazard wrote: »
    the loi basically just becomes awash with english players after 2 seasons
    Hasnt for me. Stephen Ireland is even playing his trade for Rovers now in my game. I think I have only two in my first team but a few more in the Youth team. My opponents are still mostly Irish too.

When looking at a player report, its shows a comparison with existing players - it still shows players that have left the club permanently.
    Not sure if this also affects players who complain when you buy someone in their position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I had one player in my last season who, seemingly, was systematically injuring all his positional rivals during training. He was a left-winger but also ML/MC/DMC and, at one point both my (better) left-wingers were out injured (both by him) and a centre mid was out, too (also, by him). Incredible.

I released when I saw we were getting promoted and knew he wouldn't be able to make the step up. Thankfully, no other players are resorting to his tactics to get into the team.

Thats hilarious!

Can't say I've noticed anything like that in my game but I'll definitely be on the look out from now on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So my game of 2 years has gone tits up,

I was in charge of Rovers for 2.5 seasons getting them into the champions league group stages and a nice tidy package,

Left and took some staff with me to Portsmouth who where close to being relegated from League 1,

Got them to the play offs in my first half season and a promotion in tow,

Signed a few players on a free from the PL and coasted to 2nd Place in the Championship.

Was in preseason and signing up a few up and coming stars when i clicked on view player report on a guy i had on trial.

Crash Dump.

No problem i have a few other saves reload and it's all working fine.

Go in to check on the coaches and make sure they're all doing what i want.

Hmm no coaches, maybe if i click *crash dump"

So i've given up on it.

I had found a wonderkid in ipswich and managed to sign him for 1million

The club which had a debt of 10 million when i took over had been wiped because of PL money.

I had refrained from cheating in this game all through the career and for this to happen is just heartbreaking.

I've tried reinstalling the game,

Using an older save but alas it doesn't work.

I could still play it but would have to save every 2nd day of so and not even sure if it would work in a match or what the consequences would be of not having any training schedules.

Advertisement