Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

allanb49 wrote: »
    So my game of 2 years has gone tits up,

I was in charge of Rovers for 2.5 seasons getting them into the champions league group stages and a nice tidy package,

Left and took some staff with me to Portsmouth who where close to being relegated from League 1,

Got them to the play offs in my first half season and a promotion in tow,

Signed a few players on a free from the PL and coasted to 2nd Place in the Championship.

Was in preseason and signing up a few up and coming stars when i clicked on view player report on a guy i had on trial.

Crash Dump.

No problem i have a few other saves reload and it's all working fine.

Go in to check on the coaches and make sure they're all doing what i want.

Hmm no coaches, maybe if i click *crash dump"

So i've given up on it.

I had found a wonderkid in ipswich and managed to sign him for 1million

The club which had a debt of 10 million when i took over had been wiped because of PL money.

I had refrained from cheating in this game all through the career and for this to happen is just heartbreaking.

I've tried reinstalling the game,

Using an older save but alas it doesn't work.

I could still play it but would have to save every 2nd day of so and not even sure if it would work in a match or what the consequences would be of not having any training schedules.

i've ranted about this somewhere on this forum before,

exact same thing happened me.

was in 2014 or maybe 15/16 season was fairly far on anyway, had a great youth system coming up, top quality coaches, scouts on every continant all finding great players, had made some fantastic signings that took me quite some time to wrap up, finances were perfect, team was working perfect, was looking forward to end of season and a new season that i was planning a new formation to give a go and use as a backup, had beaten City twice in the league with a goal difference of +6 over the 2 games.

Boom crash dump.

loaded again and couldn't figure out where my last transfer had gone, thought loaded wrong game but nope.

all transfer funds gone, some things were the same but it wasn't right.

i had been kicked back to the second season pretty much with the 90000 player database i had built up gone too so to add them all again would have taken another 12 months or so.

Gave up tried a RTE to see if i could give myself a bit of a start as I couldn't bring myself to battle trhough that horrible first saeson again, I had done it once, I could do it again if i wanted, i had the ability but sure i'll just give myself a hundred million kitty

it just wasn't the same.

heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I might still play on for a bit but it would be too hard knowing one wrong click could end the game.

I might still play on for a bit but it would be too hard knowing one wrong click could end the game.

plus the way you are on about a save every day or two, i had that and it didn't matter, All save games were messed up,

I think what might have happened is the player database decided to sh*t itself (actual technical term) and with all the players wiped it didn't have players i had signed recently or some scouts etc so when it couldn't find them it gave up.

after the crash the only league that was loaded was the EPL, no lower divisions, nothing

That happened to me once before as well was starting a new season and the fixtures never loaded up,

thought i'd go forward a year on holidays and see if it fixed itself.

It did not

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Do you guys not use autosave?? Mine does it every month and it doesnt affect my form.

Computer did shut down yesterday but had only played two matches since its last save, however I won the two matches the first time, lost one and won one the second time, even though it really annoyed me as I had beaten the team I lost to (my old team)

• Advertisement

had 2 autosaves and by the time i found out about the error both had been compromised

had 2 autosaves and by the time i found out about the error both had been compromised

Same as that, after shall we say mistakes as a kid every single game i have now that has an autosave fuction gets activated and for turn based games (FM and Civ) its after every 2 turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I had one player in my last season who, seemingly, was systematically injuring all his positional rivals during training. He was a left-winger but also ML/MC/DMC and, at one point both my (better) left-wingers were out injured (both by him) and a centre mid was out, too (also, by him). Incredible.
    It's happening again with a different player. This guy:
    rostockinjury.jpg
    rostockinjury1.jpg
    rostockinjury2.jpg
    Or am I just paranoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

At least you know he REALLY want to be playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Of course he injures people he's an ATTACKING midfielder, hurrrr hurrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

this makes no sense!

Alex McLeish leaves 16th placed premiership side Stoke for Newcastle who are 2nd in the championship

Stoke fill their vacacy with Jamie Caragher who leaves 11th placed Watford, whom the previous season he guided to promotion to the premiership.

Watford then appoint Adrian boothroyd who leaves the premierships 3rd placed Wolves!

its rediculous how all these appointments of managers all went down a notch each in their career 'progression!'

*wolves then promote olof mellberg from their coaching staff to be the boss. only bit of sense in the merry go round*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Injuries again. In three consecutive matches, one of my strikers has received a medium or long-term injury. It's driving me nuts. So far this year, each one of my six strikers (Gebhart isn't one) has had some sort of medium-term injury.

I don't think the problem's training. All the players in the squad have the same level of strength and aerobics training and I have no other injuries in any other positions.
    stuttinjuries_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had 3 of my 4 strikers out for ages. One for a whole season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Players asking for ridiculously low min release fee clauses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Does this annoy anyone else playing the game? I guess it's more of a minor irritant.

I just think the graphics they use for regens in the game are cheap looking, like the one below. I'd prefer if they just used the blacked out anonymous shadow face image instead.

2lxiflf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

flyswatter wrote: »
    Does this annoy anyone else playing the game? I guess it's more of a minor irritant.

I just think the graphics they use for regens in the game are cheap looking, like the one below. I'd prefer if they just used the blacked out anonymous shadow face image instead.

Preferences>Display & Sound>Display Settings

Real and Generated Pictures --> Real Pictures Only

Ta Daaa! :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Preferences>Display & Sound>Display Settings

Real and Generated Pictures --> Real Pictures Only

Ta Daaa! :pac:

Brilliant! :) Do you use this option yourself?

flyswatter wrote: »
    Brilliant! :) Do you use this option yourself?

The generated faces dont bother me tbh.

I seen people use facepacks for generated players. Basically aload of random headshots in a pack for the game to use instead of the animated faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Just wondering does anyone have a solution you stopping your good players getting injured on international duty? I'm after having 4 key players injured in a couple of weeks all on international duty and all for 3 months.

Just wondering does anyone have a solution you stopping your good players getting injured on international duty? I'm after having 4 key players injured in a couple of weeks all on international duty and all for 3 months.

If its a friendly and you have 2 games per week in the run up then restrict him to 45 mins, especially if they are known to be injury prone. And if they are injury prone and lacking natural fitness then you may want to consider only playing that player 1 in 7 days.

Otherwise, just have the best physios money can buy and hope for the best. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The **** is Ryan Giggs running around with the number 7 jersey?

I MEAN WTF IS THAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Thats a throw the game in the bin moment for me. Cannot stand stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Thats a throw the game in the bin moment for me. Cannot stand stuff like that.

Like that makes a difference to the game? :confused:

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The **** is Ryan Giggs running around with the number 7 jersey?

I MEAN WTF IS THAT?

Are you playing as United? If you are, you picked his shirt number at the start of the season.

I despise agents.

Offered Sagna a new contract after Madrid started sniffing around. Didn't matter what I offered, the agent wasn't interested and kept changing it, even when I accepted his demands he went and changed it again anyway! Needless to say Sagna didn't get a new contract yet.

Then, got a bid accepted for Cissokho. Agent comes along with what his client wants. £275,000 a week!!!! He's only on £45,000 now. Got him down to £100,000 and appearance fees. Greedy fecker!

Tevez was easy to get tho, he accepted £200,000 and a bonus when he hits 30 goals a season. Hardly anything else.

My assistant manager just fcuked off to take the Blackpool job without saying a word. Only noticed because I was offering reserve players and noticed his opinion was gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    My assistant manager just fcuked off to take the Blackpool job without saying a word. Only noticed because I was offering reserve players and noticed his opinion was gone :mad:

Look back through your in box and there will be a "Blackpool have offered blah blah" Its a very annoying feature and forces you to keep giving them pay rises!

Look back through your in box and there will be a "Blackpool have offered blah blah" Its a very annoying feature and forces you to keep giving them pay rises!

Had it for a scout and two coaches alright (that I did straight away), but nothing for him. I went back to the first message too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Every bloody press conference.

"You rested a number of key players. Are you happy with those who came into the team?"

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Every bloody press conference.

"You rested a number of key players. Are you happy with those who came into the team?"

Either you are doing alot of rotation or your squad status's are not reflecting how many game you expect players to be playing in a season.

Advertisement