Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What do you want from me!! :(

Edigar.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone else find press conferences a nuisance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone else find press conferences a nuisance?
    Who doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I tried just letting my assistant handle hem, but then he started saying all the wrong things. I started taking them again, but got bored, so ket storming out of them at the very first question. This pissed of a few of my players after a while, so now i just go through a combination of the three

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think my assistant manager doesnt like me very much.

Looked at the assistant report screen to get an idea of who I should look at cutting loose. He gave EVERY player 5 stars for Potential and Recomendation. Seven players got 5 stars for current ability (Im playing in the third tier in Indonesia!) while the rest got 1.5. What use is that to me? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think my assistant manager doesnt like me very much.

Looked at the assistant report screen to get an idea of who I should look at cutting loose. He gave EVERY player 5 stars for Potential and Recomendation. Seven players got 5 stars for current ability (Im playing in the third tier in Indonesia!) while the rest got 1.5. What use is that to me? :mad:
    The stars are relative to the other teams in your division afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

retalivity wrote: »
    I tried just letting my assistant handle hem, but then he started saying all the wrong things. I started taking them again, but got bored, so ket storming out of them at the very first question. This pissed of a few of my players after a while, so now i just go through a combination of the three

look for an assistant with hith motivation and other tactical stuff. I remember i had one guy who was very down about everything and decided not to renew contract. looked at a couple of attributes (exact ones i can't remember) and press conferences weren't as bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Match Highest Earner clause - does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Managing Galway United. Start of with zero players and amatuer status so cant really offer any contracts. Comfortably avoided relegation coming 5th and have now had my whole squad decimated as teams offer any kind of wages and i can only offer zero. Ridiculous

Managing Galway United. Start of with zero players and amatuer status so cant really offer any contracts. Comfortably avoided relegation coming 5th and have now had my whole squad decimated as teams offer any kind of wages and i can only offer zero. Ridiculous

Can't you ask the board to go part or full time? I'm 99% sure I did that before.

• Advertisement

Can't you ask the board to go part or full time? I'm 99% sure I did that before.

It was greyed out so not an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Everything nearly about the game annoys me. I'm afraid I've outgrown it.

I always try and get my players and staff on pro/semi contracts even if the wages are unrealistic

It's realistic I guess but still annoying. Playing in Columbia and signed three young Argentinan's. "The transfer will go through on Friday 1st August............ 2014!" I'm only in May 2012 :(

Mc Love wrote: »
    I always try and get my players and staff on pro/semi contracts even if the wages are unrealistic

The option wasnt at all available. In the drop down its only amateur status that was allowed. I resigned after coming 4th second season and again having all my best players stolen for free with nothing that could be done to keep them.

Players inexplicably not being played by the AI.
    When a team has money, they just buy a ****load of attacking midfieldersa and strikers. Most of these players then drift into obscurity despite being mega talented, no other clubs seem keen to buy them. They need to improve how the AI builds their team.
    Youth signings-happen far too much, it shouldn't be big news when man u sign some 16 year old from charlton for 3 million.
    Oh another thing, I gave Reading money(to reflect their supposed new financial situation) in the close season they ended up signing some shocking nobodies, then in january i took them over, when I went to see who I could sign, it turned out I could get players like Neymar and Ganso, why would Reading not bid for them or other players?

Oh another thing, I gave Crewe 20 in all facilities, then in a game I holidayed, I wanted to see where they ended up....They stayed in the third division(which I thought was surprising but then I went through their history and the sold nobody really, I thought they'd have supplied a few England players but nothing? Is it the city size or something that's the problem?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Oh another thing, I gave Crewe 20 in all facilities, then in a game I holidayed, I wanted to see where they ended up....They stayed in the third division(which I thought was surprising but then I went through their history and the sold nobody really, I thought they'd have supplied a few England players but nothing? Is it the city size or something that's the problem?

How many years did you go? It takes a while for good youths to pop up and they probably couldn't get any bigger names due to their lower reputation.

4 players injured in the first 26 minutes with another one on the 47th minute.

Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 players injured in the first 26 minutes with another one on the 47th minute.

Joke

A player I bought got injured in the next training session and is out for 3 months. Injuries are a balls!

• Advertisement

Made a break through with my injuries. Had been getting a couple and then by chance noticed my pitch condition was listed as terrible. Got it re-laid and none since :D

Made a break through with my injuries. Had been getting a couple and then by chance noticed my pitch condition was listed as terrible. Got it re-laid and none since :D

How do you check the pitch condition?

flyswatter wrote: »
    How do you check the pitch condition?
    Club -> Information -> Facilities. Little after half way down.

Having the cash to relay it is lovely!!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    A player I bought got injured in the next training session and is out for 3 months. Injuries are a balls!

Same happened to me! Nightmare but doing well with the junior squad members surprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Dunno does this ever happen to you guys, but Germany never play their real players at major tournaments for some reason.

Dunno does this ever happen to you guys, but Germany never play their real players at major tournaments for some reason.

It's a licensing issue.

http://www.fmscout.com/q-3508-Unlock-German-National-Team.html

You have to find the fake.inc file and delete it.

In FM11(Haven't got fm12) I I made the US have loads of armature/college clubs with top facilities, I also made the game 'very important' despite this there seems to be no talent coming through what so ever. I've heard they improved the MLS in FM12, anyone know if this is true? Playing in MLS in previous games(like FM11) really shows up AI's stupidity.

In the next game(fm13) you should be able to edit salary cap and add teams to MLS structure, its so annoying the way you can't add new franchises in the editor without taking another team out

Was two points in front, 1st in table when Steam decided to crash the game just as I was saving it, had to play games I already played again and now am 6 points behind in second as the other team won their games, they had dropped point in the save that Steam crashed. :mad:

• Advertisement

Its better that they dont, that way they never get injured on duty

Advertisement