Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

23255530.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I play a lot of CM 01/02 with updates and the amount of times it crashes just really takes out the enjoyment of it.

I also created an "unbeatable" formation (works in most of the FM/CM games) which basically allows me to annihilate any team, I have stopped using it but sometimes when I'm losing it's just too tempting not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I play a lot of CM 01/02 with updates and the amount of times it crashes just really takes out the enjoyment of it.

Is possible you could try it without the updates? I downloaded the game recently enough and the original has run fine going into the 7th season. Of course I guess the updates mean you can play with real life modern players which I suppose a lot of gamers prefer to do. Personally I like making it tougher by using fictional footballers anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

No formation is unbeatable

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    No formation is unbeatable

Mine is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

share and lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

time to get the popcorn....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Depends on your quality of players. I have a tried and tested formation myself. The better the players, the more effective it is. 11 headless chickens and it will be nowhere near as good as even 11 decent players.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

What's the best way to ensure young players reach their full potential? Has it changed from previous games? With Dortmund I'd a great young team, good coaches and facilities and gave them all loads of first team football but they didn't develop like they should.

I've the same problem in another save with Liverpool. For example take Seb Coates. At the start of the season he had the potential to be 4 stars and I played him in nearly 50 games (nearly all starts) and have a 4.5 star defense coach yet he's now got the potential to be 3.5 stars, the same is happening to other players like Jack Robinson, Suso, Yaya Sanogo etc.

It's very frustrating when you invest so much time in young players and they turn out ****e. So what's the best way of developing young players?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Played nine games and have had 4 players sent off including my GK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mc Love wrote: »
    Played nine games and have had 4 players sent off including my GK

:pac:

There must be something up with your tactics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

bm1993 wrote: »
    What's the best way to ensure young players reach their full potential? Has it changed from previous games? With Dortmund I'd a great young team, good coaches and facilities and gave them all loads of first team football but they didn't develop like they should.

I've the same problem in another save with Liverpool. For example take Seb Coates. At the start of the season he had the potential to be 4 stars and I played him in nearly 50 games (nearly all starts) and have a 4.5 star defense coach yet he's now got the potential to be 3.5 stars, the same is happening to other players like Jack Robinson, Suso, Yaya Sanogo etc.

It's very frustrating when you invest so much time in young players and they turn out ****e. So what's the best way of developing young players?

Coaches who are good with young players, I'd imagine.

This is driving me mad at the moment...get awarded a penalty and the player that is the victim is the one that takes the penalty - not the best pen taker on the pitch! Driving me nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Two things annoying me right now.

Playing as SC Victoria in the 2.Bundesliga. First game of the season was against newly relegated Wolfsburg and I was 8 minutes from picking up a great point away from home when my keeper handballs outside the box. He has to walk to the referee about 40 yards out to get a yellow card, meanwhile they are lining up to take the freekick. They took it and scored before my keeper could get in position :mad:.

I signed a re-gen fullback that was released by Bayern and he is quality, only problem is he has been sent off 3 times in 5 games. What the f**k! His aggression is only 12.

I found a brilliant player in my game but the fcuker keeps getting injured. Can't make it past three or four games before he ends up crocked again. When he does play, he bangs them in for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Mc Love wrote: »
    This is driving me mad at the moment...get awarded a penalty and the player that is the victim is the one that takes the penalty - not the best pen taker on the pitch! Driving me nuts!!

I assume you have a few penalty takers set? I've never come across that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Playing as shelbourne

Central Defender gets injured
    Bring on sub Sub gets injured

Next Game other CB gets injured,
    Bring on sub gets injured

Next Game Left back is injured,
    Following game Right Back is injured

Next game AMC gets injured,
    Next game RM gets injured

Due to lack of funds i can't sign any players or get players on loan

So my entire back 4 are youth players the oldest 17,

Gone from 4th to 6th,

Same training as last year and all players are out for a max of 5 months......

762DD346F8EE5E977ACDA75CB91DA0E5E1E5B706

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Same here. New seaon, 3rd game in and I have left midfielders left and I have 3. Missing a centre back also as well as my star CM.

Bad start to the new season for me because of it. :(

Kinda the same as you guys,at start of the season I was hit with injuries to all my main guys,most of my youths had to be called up
    injuries_1.jpg

And then when they recovered I was getting stung by internationals throughout the year
    injuries_2.jpg

Which meant I was stuck playing formations like these
    formation_1.jpg

and my personal favourite:The Stinger
    formation_2_1.jpg

(sorry for the long posts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

You have Davide Petrucci! What a hero :D

You have Davide Petrucci! What a hero :D

He was my marquee signing with Gateheads when I got promoted to league 2,he's got good attributes but he's never overly performed like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    He was my marquee signing with Gateheads when I got promoted to league 2,he's got good attributes but he's never overly performed like

Pity! I had him from 2011 to 2025 in FM11 with Pro Vercelli and he was great :)

At my previous club I signed a load of Brazilian youngsters. They couldn't move until they turned 18 so I was gone before they arrived. The new manager is now getting credit for his vision and judgement to sign them. The fcuker didn't have a choice after I confirmed the deals! :mad:

That credit should be mine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bm1993 wrote: »

Your players' potential ability never actually changes, but the star rating doesn't show you their actual potential, it shows the assistant manager's opinion of their potential compared to your squad overall. So the star rating might change for lots of reasons, but the player's potential has not changed.

For example, your assistant manager might be wrong about his potential and as his ability to judge potential improves, his assessment of that player's potential drops.

Or, your squad might be improving overall which means that, by comparison, your player's potential rating is not as good any more. The player is still as good as he ever was, or at least has the potential to be.

I hope this helps!

For example, your assistant manager might be wrong about his potential and as his ability to judge potential improves, his assessment of that player's potential drops.

Or, your squad might be improving overall which means that, by comparison, your player's potential rating is not as good any more. The player is still as good as he ever was, or at least has the potential to be.

I hope this helps!

So I probably sold a load of good players for nothing because their star rating had dropped because the team had improved. Gah this is what makes the game nuts. Their rating shouldnt drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah that makes no sense.

they should at least have a sqaud improvement rating instead then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

I assume you have a few penalty takers set? I've never come across that.

I've had it happen when a player was on a hattrick and I'm winning well.

Ask the board for a new stadium, and they name it after Dalglish!!! Even though I have won more and stayed longer at the club than him?! Really what is the rationale behind these decisions?!!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Your player gets tackled, the person that tackles him falls over, your player gets carded. >=[

Advertisement