Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that drive you demented in FM/CM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

Spending too much time playing it, throwing the CD in the bin, putting the bin out, bringing the bin in after collection and then wishing you could play some more Football Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I'm hitting a bug which is driving me crazy.

My final signing for the summer is a new right winger and I've got about 35m to spend.

I had an offer accepted for Lucas Moura for £30m with another £10m over 12 months.

Everytime it comes to pass, I get the " would you like to delay for a week"

Funds are there, but the transfer wont go through : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

TheDoc wrote: »
    Think I'm hitting a bug which is driving me crazy.

My final signing for the summer is a new right winger and I've got about 35m to spend.

I had an offer accepted for Lucas Moura for £30m with another £10m over 12 months.

Everytime it comes to pass, I get the " would you like to delay for a week"

Funds are there, but the transfer wont go through : /

Your budget is over 12 months, so you can only offer 30m + 5m. Ask the board to negotiate it or for more money?

Your budget is over 12 months, so you can only offer 30m + 5m. Ask the board to negotiate it or for more money?

That explains it, they look to be holding out for 40-50m,

How do I get the board to negotiate it, it appears everything is grey when I go to speak to the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

Wife turned round to me last night as I fired up the laptop and launched into my 2019-2020 season with Roma - 'You're addicted to that game' she said.

I shrugged my shoulders and didn't bother responding, how can it be an addiction if it makes me feel good?! :D

Proceeding to an hour of undefeated FM, led by Levan Dzagania - 8 games, 9 goals and 1 assist. Legend.

• Advertisement

That explains it, they look to be holding out for 40-50m,

How do I get the board to negotiate it, it appears everything is grey when I go to speak to the board.

Is it FM12? If so, when you click 'make offer' it should be up the top-right. I actually never used it, so I don't know how it works. Why not offer then incentives like a % of the next transfer fee?

Is it FM12? If so, when you click 'make offer' it should be up the top-right. I actually never used it, so I don't know how it works. Why not offer then incentives like a % of the next transfer fee?

I might try that and put it sky high, dont think I'll sell him on

I might try that and put it sky high, dont think I'll sell him on

Yeah, welll don't overdo it. You may be forced to sell him on some day. Haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wouldn't go any higher than 10% with the first offer.

I always set the fee over 48 months anyway, never a problem then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Players going out on the lash :mad:

I've played many campaigns in Ireland, English Premiership and English non-league and it's the first time I ever saw this one.
    I didn't know it existed

218036.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

never in my life seen that, EVER

its fantastic tho

i wonder if they will include a santos-esque police chase or JT rascist abuse case in future or just general lunacy from the likes of Tevez and Balotelli

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I saw it happen before in a previous FM I think
    Something similiar happened to me with regards to players missing from training.
    Playing with newcastle years ago in an old fm,had a french player there who couldn't settle so I gave him a leave of absense.
    2 weeks later a newpaper headline reads "newcastle defender goes AWOL in france",he faxed my office the previous day saying he had "no intention of returning to the club".
    Craziest thing I've ever seen(I think he did he end of up returning at the end of the season)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've had players not turn up for training or have been seen leaving pubs early in the morning but never had them miss a match day!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've had players not turn up for training or have been seen leaving pubs early in the morning but never had them miss a match day!

Well when the pints are flowin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Years ago think it CM 01/02 and David Beckham got a 3 month ban for hitting the red after he got sent off!!

Never saw anything so crazy before or since!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya I saw it happen before in a previous FM I think
    Something similiar happened to me with regards to players missing from training.
    Playing with newcastle years ago in an old fm,had a french player there who couldn't settle so I gave him a leave of absense.
    2 weeks later a newpaper headline reads "newcastle defender goes AWOL in france",he faxed my office the previous day saying he had "no intention of returning to the club".
    Craziest thing I've ever seen(I think he did he end of up returning at the end of the season)

Yeah, I've only signed 3 Frenchies in my current career. One had a decent season and wanted to immediately leave upsetting half the squad in the process. The other two started getting homesick and got granted leaves of abscences but it didn't do much good.

I guess Scotland doesn't offer the "la belle vie". I ain't signing any more of 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

talla10 wrote: »
    Years ago think it CM 01/02 and David Beckham got a 3 month ban for hitting the red after he got sent off!!

Never saw anything so crazy before or since!!

I remember playing an arcade game way back and if you got sent off you could deck the ref! Needless to say getting intentionally sent off then gave hours of entertainment to a ten year old me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It just came to me,Didier Domi was the player!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Domi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Star striker is a Uruguayan 20 year old, and I cant get a bloody work permit for him...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So, it's January 2024 and my Crawley Town side are the reigning champions of both the Premier League and the Champions League. We also just won the European Super Cup and the Club World Championship.

As a result of our successes, I am now a World Class manager, and the highest reputation manager in the world.
    The club also has the 13th highest reputation in the world.

There's a promising lad playing for Swansea U18s and he won't entertain a contract offer from me. In what world does that make sense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

So, it's January 2024 and my Crawley Town side are the reigning champions of both the Premier League and the Champions League. We also just won the European Super Cup and the Club World Championship.

As a result of our successes, I am now a World Class manager, and the highest reputation manager in the world.
    The club also has the 13th highest reputation in the world.

There's a promising lad playing for Swansea U18s and he won't entertain a contract offer from me. In what world does that make sense?

Makes no sense at all, Crawley Town Premier League and Champions League Champions, bewildered.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Makes no sense at all, Crawley Town Premier League and Champions League Champions, bewildered.

Haha, judging by their last few seasons in reality, I could be a prophet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Haha, judging by their last few seasons in reality, I could be a prophet. ;)

Fair play though, must take some dedication to bring them up to that level, I wouldnt have the patience for it, but would still love to give it a go.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Fair play though, must take some dedication to bring them up to that level, I wouldnt have the patience for it, but would still love to give it a go.

It took a lot of hours, but I would say it's well worth it. It's extremely satisfying when you start making progress, much more so IMO than when you start out with a big club.

I would say if you try it, invest in really good scouts and focus on young players. I got pretty lucky in some cases and ended up with some really talented players that I never could have afforded if I had waited until they matured at other clubs. My two strikers whom I picked up very young have turned out to be literally two of the best in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

IMO without proper financial backers it should be impossible to achieve that in that period of time. I know Crawley have a sugar daddy but they don't have the infrastructure, financial muscle or population to create a club like that. To me that shows up how bad the AI is in the game. Think of all the clubs Crawley would have to compete with and catch up with to reach that level

Maybe he's waiting for an even bigger club to offer him a contract? Or one closer to home? Maybe he doesn't think he'll get anywhere near your first team as your club is obviously dripping with talent. Maybe he's studying for his A-levels and doesn't want to move? Who knows? ;)

EdenHazard wrote: »
    IMO without proper financial backers it should be impossible to achieve that in that period of time. I know Crawley have a sugar daddy but they don't have the infrastructure, financial muscle or population to create a club like that. To me that shows up how bad the AI is in the game.

Football is a wildly unpredictable business. Who'd have thought a few years ago that Manchester City would win the league? Perhaps a rich Sheikh took over at Crawley in his game? All football is now is money. If you have enough of it you'll get success. But it is just a game. Beating it with a small club offers the ultimate challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The fact it dosnt work!!! I get an error before the game loads footall manager 2012 12.2.2f259383 :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What is the story with the team fannying about in the box passing around instead of shooting? Put.The.Ball.In.The.Net:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Having a complete nightmare of a 2nd season in the Premier Division, cant keep a clean sheet to save my life and the team throwing away leads!!

Advertisement