Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit and 1st months rent/Supplementary

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi me and my pregnant gf have viewed a house for 850e and defo interested,i have the money to only pay the deposit and first months rent,but if we go to the supplementary rent officer,will he help us??we cant get onto the council list any other way as they are clamping down on young people geting places

HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN THERE DEPOSIT AND 1ST MONTHS RENT BACK IS THE QUESTION???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

CMARTY10 wrote: »
    hi me and my pregnant gf have viewed a house for 850e and defo interested,i have the money to only pay the deposit and first months rent,but if we go to the supplementary rent officer,will he help us??we cant get onto the council list any other way as they are clamping down on young people geting places

HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN THERE DEPOSIT AND 1ST MONTHS RENT BACK IS THE QUESTION???????

The sooner you see the CWO the sooner you will get sorted.

Nothing will start the meter ticking until they see you.

A lot depends on where you live also; we are in Cork and the limit is E450
    a month.

Why would they refund the deposit? That will be returned when you leave.
    Nothing to do with the CWO or RA.

See the CWO and/ or go to Citizen's Info.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

no the cwo dont giv deposits anymore but they will agree with the landlord to cover any damages after you leave which is a one off thing and only if you are eligable
    why do you want the deposit if you have it already?
    anyway you dont need to be on the council list to get rent allowance if you have been renting privatly for 6 months
    are you even signed on?

Advertisement