Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Again I wont name the company

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭

Because it can appy to many other phone companies.
    My neighbour wondered why her bills were so high. She then discovered she was being charged for hourly email updates that she had not requested.
    After moaning she got E500 back plus a free upgrade.
    Its worth you all checking your bills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

jett wrote: »
    Its worth you all checking your bills.

while is stupid not to check your bills .. it is also stupid to sign up for a service with out knowing what you are signing up for.

'Smart phones' will use data ... therefore before setting up an account using a smartphone it would be wise to ensure you check about data allowances before using data.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

be smart but not everyone who has a phone has to be technical, its a thing that provides a service.
    My point was that it was not asked for.
    All I am trying to do is help others who may be ripped off the same way.
    If that is not a rip off then nothing is.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

It could have been default setting in her phone, that email is checked every hour. How is that phony company fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I don't think we're going to get on, are we Jett?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056266094
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056266504

I think you are missing the point of this forum. We all understand that rip-offs are ongoing, not just in Ireland but in fact worldwide. The idea of this forum as I understand it is to arm people with knowledge of which companies/shops etc. to avoid, or even specific practices we might not be aware of. But we all know that there are price disparities between different shops/areas - that is business/capatalism! I want specifics, not fluff.

Sorry to be so blunt if you are in fact being genuine. But this is one of several threads where you are basically saying the exact same thing despite flak from many people, which is a bit suspicious... a bity phony. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm feeling a bit ripped-off by the lack of specifcs in your threads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

vodafone.
    It was a default setting it was not asked for, I guess it may be somewhere in the leaflet, I don't know.
    Just trying to save others from the same trap.
    Wether we get on or not is not relevent, Lots of people don't get on with my posts but they are true and always mean to help.
    I repeat if ayone wants a name on the jeweller then PM me as I don't want another stupid thread like the PC world one to develop between myself and the shop.
    If the mods don't like my posts, then they can let me know, its no skin of my nose if I keep things to myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement