Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hing

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Does anyone knwo a shop in the (Dublin :P) city center that sells hing? Ive been to a few and they just look at me oddly - adn yes, they were Asian shops.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Perhaps if you called it asafoetida powder they might know what you were talking about .. I've never heard of 'hing' so had to Google it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

The have asafoetida powder in Asia Market on Drury Street.
    It's packaged in a small yellow plastic box, and is at the far end of the spices aisle - I've bought it there before (I use it for Tarka Daal).

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ah yeah I always get it in the Asia market on Mary St. Its in a little yellow pot. Not with the spices though which confused me!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Thank you all. I did ask for it byu both names, I was just too lazy to google the correct spelling :o

I bought that liitle recipie book from Govindas that they have at the counter. Im powering through it! Some very tasty dishes in there. Although, I still not a spinach convert!

Advertisement