Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Plus Problem with Box

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey,

I'm having a problem recording things on my Sky+. Poxy thing comes up with an error when I'm watching tv if something is set to record. I phoned Sky and the Sky customer service Robot told me I had to get an engineer out and was going to cost me €100. I don't get that, I give them over €1000 a year and I have to pay for a new box for the privilege to pay them a monthly subscription.

calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean...

Anyway, I checked on their site and if i was to sign up now for the exact same package, the box is free and the monthly subscription is actually €17 cheaper than what I'm paying now. My questions (About time i hear you saying) is does anyone know of a problem with me cancelling and then subscribing again in my wife's name??

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭swoofer

should not be a problem but remember you have to give 30 days notice. Have you tried a re-build on the box??

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Bluesteel7

Even if you call them up and look to cancel they will offer you a better offer on your TV service.

Could work out cheaper to cancel as you will have a €40 set up fee then instead of paying €100 for some fella to come and change the box

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭chrislynch8

Advertisement