Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My heads sore...please help...

• 12-05-2011 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,

I cant make my mind up on these bikes, my head is sore thinking:

Felt F95 €725
    Giant Defy 3 €695
    Trek 1.2 €795
    Ridley Triton C €600

I know there is a big difference in price from low to high, but can anyone suggest which is the best value from these. :confused:

I wanted to spend €800 at the most.

Many thanks

Shane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

heres a post about that trek - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64469552
    Felt - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66618560
    bit old but still some good info id say -

also have you looked at the - Cube 2011 Aerial its around 800 tho ofc you will get something off that and its a damm nice spec bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Hi Whitehawk,

I had a look at your links, theres a lot of info out there but this has helped.
    The Cube 2011 Aerial looks a nice bike too.

Thanks for the response

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭marley1

I picked up the trek 1.2 a couple of months ago. I find it a very comfortable bike. The front end is Sora components and the back end are Tiagra which are a step up from Sora. I cycle on the flat and also on hilly stretches and they work well.
    I'd advise you that whatever bike you pick get one that has carbon forks as it will smooth out the ride for you.
    I looked at the Felt f95 and I nearly bought it but I just preferred the look of the Trek - the only real difference in spec between the 2 is the felt f95 has sora back end

Rita1 wrote: »
    Hi Whitehawk,

I had a look at your links, theres a lot of info out there but this has helped.
    The Cube 2011 Aerial looks a nice bike too.

Thanks for the response

Shane
    No worrys glad to help dont know but if you live around dublin drop in to "buildabike" Darren and Terryin there are sound they wont see you wrong and will give you a real good deal! ( tho call them dont email them as they not very good at the hole email thing!)

I looked at the Felt f95 and I nearly bought it but I just preferred the look of the Trek

I'm thinking the same....not to found or the colour of the Felt F95.
    dont know but if you live around dublin

I'm a bit far from Dublin....Donegal, up here in the hills.:)

• Advertisement

Rita1 wrote: »

I'm a bit far from Dublin....Donegal, up here in the hills.:)

Ahh.. Ok have you though about a MTB then :D

LOL, thats funny :D

Advertisement